Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
I've 50 potato money to spare and I'm not sure if I should get CK or some fine books that are on sale too.

I've many games and books on the wait already, it's not making it any easier.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Hmmm. CKII Steam sale. Am very tempted.

Looks like the DLCs are cheap too, so any recommendations on which to get/avoid?

Get:
-sword of islam
-orthodox one
Avoid:
-Aztecs
-portraits/music (unless its your thing)
I would say that the portraits ARE worth considering, they do add a nice visual polish. The African pack for obvious reasons (unless you like tanmen), but the new Russia pack is also of pretty high quality. And of course, I've gotten them all just by using Blue Coins from actual game purchases.

I don't give a damn about the music packs though, since the game already has nice music.

Multi-headed Cow

I don't give a damn about the music packs though, since the game already has nice music.
The game does have quite nice music, but one thing that bums me out about the music DLC is it's only tied to certain kingdoms/locations. I think there's supposedly a text file somewhere you can dick with to add them to the normal rotation, but I wish they just had a button in the options to put the DLC music in normal rotation.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
The game does have quite nice music, but one thing that bums me out about the music DLC is it's only tied to certain kingdoms/locations. I think there's supposedly a text file somewhere you can dick with to add them to the normal rotation, but I wish they just had a button in the options to put the DLC music in normal rotation.

Yeah, it's annoying to edit them. Once you do however it really improves the overall experience. Paradox should just stop making them 'themed' only and add them to the normal rotation.

Stokowski

Arcane
Well, fuck it, I pressed the "Add All" button because they were cheap as chips.

Then I went to start the game today and couldn't find a manual. Holy shit.

Finally found a working link to one, so it looks like I have some reading to do over the holidays.

Stokowski

Arcane
Yeah, looks like the way now. The last Paradox title I bought was EU2 which had an epic manual. Not so epic any more.

Well, fuck it, I pressed the "Add All" button because they were cheap as chips.

Then I went to start the game today and couldn't find a manual. Holy shit.

Finally found a working link to one, so it looks like I have some reading to do over the holidays.

Just know that the four main ways to gain new lands are inheritance (takes a long time without application of a knife), getting a claim on lands for yourself and pressing it (gotten through plots, usurping dutchy or higher titles when you own 50% of their lands, or fabricated), or getting someone with a claim to be your vassal (usually by inviting a courtier to your court and granting them any old land) and pressing it for them (Must be a lower rank than you or otherwise they go independent, or if you marry you can have your children inherit both your titles) or holy wars (50/50 chance of getting a ton of land in one go or getting reverse dogpiled, and the land is unusable for a long time due to religious and cultural differences nuking what you get).

As long as you understand that there's no reason not to jump right in, the game is pretty tame and even if you screw up you won't be gutted and annexed like in most games, just gain a liege and pay a fairly small amount of taxes or lose 1 or 2 lands (but still have the claims to get them back later). Only way to truly lose is to have no heir and die, but that's pretty hard unless you start with an unmarried 50 year old woman.

Also always educate your own heir (send them to another educator with max rank education traits like Midas Touched or Grey Eminence before their 16th birthday if you want so they can get those traits, but that's kind of exploitative). This way you can determine their trait growth.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Paging Trash. Just wondering if your mod works with all the recent patches & DLC's. And if so, could i have a link to kind sir?

http://www.mediafire.com/?stote70360e3t5c

There you go. Feel free to ploink that link down wherever you want. It's for the 1.07 version and copatible with the main dlc's. Think it should also work with the last patch. I'll update the mod when they release the republic dlc.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Paging Trash. Just wondering if your mod works with all the recent patches & DLC's. And if so, could i have a link to kind sir?

http://www.mediafire.com/?stote70360e3t5c

There you go. Feel free to ploink that link down wherever you want. It's for the 1.07 version and copatible with the main dlc's. Think it should also work with the last patch. I'll update the mod when they release the republic dlc.
Gotta say, the expansion DLCs can be very demoralizing for modder work ethic. I haven't done any work on CK2 for a while now, since I just wait for the Republic DLC so I have less shit to fix.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Weeeee "Grant Independence" button
Fucking finally. Next they need premature abdication. Where you can prevent yourself from becoming an Emperor, when you don't want to be.
Another thing should be the ability to either a) not recognise female dukes or b) enforce succession laws on vassals. The biggest problem in my games is always the vassal duchies that grow due to marriages.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom