Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Dragula

Augur
Gamersgate is the way to go.

Krash

Arcane
Sundays should be good I think? Most people should be of then, and it's not like people are going out on Sunday night. Time around 19:00 GMT would allow for both euro/Us to join in for a reasonable time. Could try this Sunday if people are interested, should also post an event of it on the Codex steam group for extra visibility.

I really really really want to play, but first I have to get CK2, and then actually learn the game. I'm also very busy until the 2-3 of January. But once I'm free of obligations you can most def count me in.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
I really wish that Paradox would release "complete packs" on Steam instead of loads of individual pieces of DLC. Christ they're worse than any AAA company in this regard!

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
If you guys want to play MP start with finding a host. Just a tip since all of our Codex attempts at playing Paradox games MP ended because no one could host.

Krash

Arcane
Paradox have talked about seriously improving multiplayer for EU4 (proper chat, rejoin, etc etc). We'll see how that works out.

Krash

Arcane
Paradox have talked about seriously improving multiplayer for EU4 (proper chat, rejoin, etc etc). We'll see how that works out.

I never played one of the grand strategy games in multiplayer, is it as time consuming as i imagine it to be?

Worse. But so worth it for those moments when you drive your enemies before you, hear the lamentations of their wenches, etc

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

I never played one of the grand strategy games in multiplayer, is it as time consuming as i imagine it to be?

Worse. But so worth it for those moments when you drive your enemies before you, hear the lamentations of their wenches, etc

Yeah well I got kicked out from a MP game for playing too competitively so ingame butt hurt can transfer out of game. But its fun, only gets boring after several campaigns, then you need a break or other game.

Could join you guys in some CK2 fun, but again, need a designated host wiling to be there for us.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I don´t think i can commit to a mp session of CK2, i play too much of it as it is. :)

Been trying the CK2+ mod lately and i´m really enjoying it, anyone recommend any other mods?

How exactly does multiplayer work? I can't imagine the hell that is one player with nothing to do for 2 or 3 years while another player wants to micromanage their shit at minimum speed due to wars/rulers dying/general autisticness. And seeing as I fall under the general autisticness spectrum I would feel bad about burdening people with needing to spend an hour on a single year of gameplay.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
How exactly does multiplayer work? I can't imagine the hell that is one player with nothing to do for 2 or 3 years while another player wants to micromanage their shit at minimum speed due to wars/rulers dying/general autisticness. And seeing as I fall under the general autisticness spectrum I would feel bad about burdening people with needing to spend an hour on a single year of gameplay.
Speed is determined by the host, but he can see if people are requesting different speed settings.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Speed is usually set at 2-3 with pausing being really frowned upon. You dont really play smaller realms in MP unless you want to be at the mercy of your human opponents so there is usually something to do anyway. Each session in MP of EU3 in my practice was about 50 years, once I managed 100 years at 4 speed but that is very rare.

Also you need time to set up inter-player alliances and agreements, plot your wars and plan mainly. I spent quite a lot of time in ledgers too. Not to mention how much time it takes to build an army.

Yeah, doesn't seem like the kind of thing for me since I can't see the point of playing the game without paying attention to the dynasties and character traits everywhere, but that takes a lot of constant pausing.

Plus I'd probably get dinged for being "too competitive". My last game went from being a count to having a realm size of 800 by around the 1110s. And that was with me specifically conquering and vassalizing, no cheesy marrying my heir to an emperor and assassinating myself into infinite power.

Stokowski

Arcane
Hmmm. CKII Steam sale. Am very tempted.

Looks like the DLCs are cheap too, so any recommendations on which to get/avoid?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom