Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
OK full reinstall fixed it so now i can play the game but i have another problem. It lags, and i am not talking about framerate issues, the game runs smoothly for 30 in-game days then it takes full 2 seconds to pass one in-game day (at fastest speed). Changing the resolution to lowest doesn't work. How to fix this?

Its not a graphic issue since graphics in Paradox games dont use much resources. Instead its a problem of calculating power since those games rely on RAM very much and are not using it very effectively (bad optimization). Try fixing by changing how much RAM is available for the game. From what I recall once a month is when some calculations are being done in the game so it makes sense...

Borelli

Arcane
It's not a monthly lag because it can go from 15th to 15th next month with no problem. The game flows usually like this:
smoooooooooooooth LAG smooooooooooth LAG smooooooooth LAG

Borelli

Arcane
Also with newer versions i'm getting "unhandled exception" at the launcher screen why is that.

Fart Master

Savant
I think its time to give this game another go what with all the DLC and patches since release. Any recommended mods that don't alter the game too much? I remember there being a mod that added a ton of events that were mostly balanced.

Monocause

Arcane
It's not a monthly lag because it can go from 15th to 15th next month with no problem. The game flows usually like this:
smoooooooooooooth LAG smooooooooooth LAG smooooooooth LAG

Does it happen with other games too? Never had issues like this with CK2. How much RAM do you have and how much free space do you have on the disk with the page file? Also, try temporarily turning off your antivirus along with all the other background software you might have running and see if it helps. It shouldn't help with most of AV software I'm acquainted with but hey, you can give it a try.

Wise Emperor

Arcane
Dev Diary 4 (last)

1.09 patch notes

• Ultimogeniture Succession: the youngest child inherits
  • Tanistry: A version of Feudal Elective where the electors must pick a member of your dynasty, but will tend to pick distant relatives, preferably old claimants
  • Grant Independence Diplomatic option
  • Automatic cultural renaming of titles in your realm. So you'll automatically see Smyrna turn into Izmir if held by Turks, etc.
  • Added 1241 Bookmark - "The Mongols"
  • The Reign length opinion modifers are now dependent on how long a character has been the liege of someone, not how long the primary title has been held
  • All merc regiments now grow in max size over time
  • Added more mercenary bands: Finns, Lapps, Abyssinians, Nubians, Lithuanians, Scots, Irish and Alans

Automatic cultural renaming of titles in your realm. So you'll automatically see Smyrna turn into Izmir if held by Turks, etc.
Hallelujah. I've been waiting for this.

Sounds pretty nice, though I wonder how extensive it is? I imagine it will only work for cultures in traditionally conflicted areas like Anatolia, Iberia and Karelia. I wonder if I can make Novgorod into Holmgård under a Swedish ruler.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Automatic cultural renaming of titles in your realm. So you'll automatically see Smyrna turn into Izmir if held by Turks, etc.
Hallelujah. I've been waiting for this.

Sounds pretty nice, though I wonder how extensive it is? I imagine it will only work for cultures in traditionally conflicted areas like Anatolia, Iberia and Karelia. I wonder if I can make Novgorod into Holmgård under a Swedish ruler.
It should be modable.

Well yes I wouldn't be surprised if it was, mostly I was wondering how far they would take the feature in the default game. Though one could of course in a mod create cultural titles for all kind of strange possibilities. Georgian Spain maybe?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Depends on how many culture groups are there in the game. I dont know but if we had like 12 groups then each group could feasibly get names for each region. If more then probably just historic and plausible ones.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well, could work easily unless you want to be anal about things like what Danish-controlled Åbo would be called.

Anyway, the most obvious use for this is in the Ural area for the Duchies there, removes the need for Titular titles. A good example are the Tyumen and Cheremisa Duchies, which can easily be renamed to renamed to Khanty-Mansia and Mordvins respectively with the new addition (and to Tyumen and Cheremisa after conquest by just about anyone but Altaics and Finno-Ugrics).

PS: There are 18 culture groups (19 if you count the Aztecs), which are West Germanic (English pigdogs and Trash), Central Germanic (Krauts), North Germanic (newfag snowfags), Latin (Guidos and Frenchies), Iberian (Spanish devils and the Basque), Byzantine (Liberals and some guys called Greeks), South Slavic (Tupac's chosen people plus zoo), West Slavic ( : x ), East Slavic (Worst Rus), Altaic (Worst Turk and Gorram Mongorians), Iranian (have you seen how Persians decorate?), Arabic (tilemalamala doha ALLAAAAAH), Celtic (all sorts of assholes), Magyar (in denial), Baltic (is cold, no potato), Finno-Ugric (oldfag snowfags), East African (niggas), West African (the other niggas).

Wise Emperor

Arcane
I'm currently playing with King of Navarra and all assorted Iberian crap (don't want to be Emperor just yet) and my 2 adult sons are sitting in prison for starting civil wars. Both have rather average statistics and I'm currently tutoring my youngest, third, genius son. Guess which inheritance law would I like to have...
It was quite popular in countryside during XIX and first half of XX century Poland. Older sons were sent to the city; youngest stayed with ageing parents, took care of them and inherited household.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Dunno... It seems like a shitty succession to me, unless you kill off your wife once she shits out a useful son. I'd hate to see all my hard work turning my progeny into proper sociopaths go to waste just because my cuntbag of a wife won't get a back alley abortion in our twilight years.

Granted, I've killed off a fair amount of wives. I usually get one of our sons or daughters to perform the deed as spymaster for extra Kodex Kool Kred

Borelli

Arcane
Youngest son inherits means that once you die your heir will be very young. Oldest sons like to take up the throne in their 40s and don't get me started on seniority.
Although with this
The Reign length opinion modifers are now dependent on how long a character has been the liege of someone, not how long the primary title has been held
it may become less important.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Really hope the family feud thing will make an appearance also for nobles. The potential for luls is immense. Not to mention how cool it would be to actually have a proper vendetta going on against your asshole neighbour.

Snerf

Learned
Have they released a DLC or patch with an expanded pagan/norse focus?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom