Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Kukulkan

Learned
Try recreating the glorious Roman Empire and wiping out the Catholic heresy.

Destroid

Arcane
Just learn how feudal system and the different successions work so you don't have to waste a day trying to inherit :D
started a new game as duke of cyprus
bro i just become a...ba.basileus.

Not sure how to play on. This is like being a mcdonald store manager promoted to the global operation CEO.

I know how you feel, I haven't touched my game since I became HRE.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Have they set a release date for the Old Gods DLC yet? I don't want to play as a stinkin' christian, all of Europe shall fall under the pagan hammer.

Mortmal

Arcane
Have they set a release date for the Old Gods DLC yet? I don't want to play as a stinkin' christian, all of Europe shall fall under the pagan hammer.

All they said is not before may , that sounds quite far and quite close to eu 4 release. I'd like them to rebalance republics too before that.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
mmmmm. i really enjoyed the spess marine gameplay - everytime there's a hotspot - i just load them up on the litany of fury, hit warpspace - drop pod 6k to siege or break any coastal engagements.

the codex byzantine calls this maneuver steel rain.

i went to war with bulgaria - for the first time i get to command stacks of 20k - it was nice to see the army not derp and have a really focused objective.
once the war was over - the nobles brought another dude to the throne - and threaten to declare war if i object.
not wanting to shatter the empire again over stupid wars - i let it go and return to Cyprus - where I'm content to protect the empire from ilkhans and golden horde.
all was good, till my daughter murdered his brother.

before i knew it - i have taken 2 days of sick leave just to play moar.
weekend is coming - i fear the worst.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
mmmmm. i really enjoyed the spess marine gameplay - everytime there's a hotspot - i just load them up on the litany of fury, hit warpspace - drop pod 6k to siege or break any coastal engagements.

the codex byzantine calls this maneuver steel rain.

i went to war with bulgaria - for the first time i get to command stacks of 20k - it was nice to see the army not derp and have a really focused objective.
once the war was over - the nobles brought another dude to the throne - and threaten to declare war if i object.
not wanting to shatter the empire again over stupid wars - i let it go and return to Cyprus - where I'm content to protect the empire from ilkhans and golden horde.
all was good, till my daughter murdered his brother.

before i knew it - i have taken 2 days of sick leave just to play moar.
weekend is coming - i fear the worst.

Welcome to CK II.

Sranchammer

Arcane
Vatnik

All they said is not before may , that sounds quite far and quite close to eu 4 release. I'd like them to rebalance republics too before that.

That's the next patch according to the devs

RK47

Patron
if i buy the Legacy of Rome DLC will it take effect when I load my save game?

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Most fun is from playing small duke/cunt and trying to marry your family freak collection into those juicy Kingdoms, Grand Principalities and Empires. Once You have Kingdom or God forbid Empire the game becomes too easy. Glad You like the cRPG of 2012 RK47 kun.

RK47

Patron
Cyprus Marines !

Todeh the enemeh is at oua doar! We know oua duteh and we will do eet. We fight for our honor as Blod Rehvens,and we fight in the nehme of the Empra!

And if we die this deh we die in gloareh, we die heroes’ deffs, but we shall not die, no! It is the enemeh who will tehste deff and defeat!

As you know! Moast of oua battle brothars are shtehtioned in CYPRUS Pruhpeared to deep strike! Oua perimeter has been pruhpeared in the even dat oua enehmies should be so bald and so foolish. We have plehced numerous beacons, allowing for muhltiple, simuln-tehneous and devashtehting defensive deep strikes!

SteelRehn.jpg

Help me out, bros: wasn't there a not-too-complicated trick to bringing a member of the opposing religion into your court? I vaguely recall doing that last time I played, but fucketh me, I can't remember how. :?

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
I think it was matri-marry muslim male with your daughter then invite her to your court. It was disabled after 1.09, so it is no longer possible to breed Christian emperors with Sayyid trait. :(

Marry a low-ranking courtier of the different religion.
My goal is to bring a specific one, from a great house, with excellent traits. But I'm beginning to think the infidels being low-born was the reason I managed to do it before.

I think it was matri-marry muslim male with your daughter then invite her to your court. It was disabled after 1.09, so it is no longer possible to breed Christian emperors with Sayyid trait. :(
Well, shucks.

Mortmal

Arcane
yeah, im not sure if i want to leave. :)

That game is addictive like a drug seriously, i played that all day long , i couldnt stop always wanting to see what will happen next, if my plot succeed, how history will evolve etc.. Its possibly the game i played the longest amount in my life topping 383 hours right now . Also i advise using ck2 plus mod if its become too easy, its adding a lot of new events and make things more stable (sometimes too much).

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
Help me out, bros: wasn't there a not-too-complicated trick to bringing a member of the opposing religion into your court? I vaguely recall doing that last time I played, but fucketh me, I can't remember how. :?
They probably won't accept matrilineal marriage with your courtiers(minus 4points because they aren't important)
Marry your daughters or sisters with them and they will come.

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
yeah, im not sure if i want to leave. :)

That game is addictive like a drug seriously, i played that all day long , i couldnt stop always wanting to see what will happen next, if my plot succeed, how history will evolve etc.. Its possibly the game i played the longest amount in my life topping 383 hours right now . Also i advise using ck2 plus mod if its become too easy, its adding a lot of new events and make things more stable (sometimes too much).

It's a great timesink i agree to that but it gets boring after you became an empire and wage war between countries and empires.
Casus beli's are great at duchy level but after that it makes things bit tedious and stupid if you just think about it.
Would the emperor of britania easily leave the france shores after conquering entire kingdom just because he doesn't have a valid casus bel for every countyi ?
I should be able declare war without casus beli on everyone(with severe penalties) and should be allowed more backstabbing between empires.
But as for now whole war mechanics are great for smaller scale conflicts but are severely lacking at wars between empires

I didn't tried ck2 plus but game definetely needs more events so i might try it sometime later.

Yeah, the kingdom level and above should function more like EU3. Would be an interesting thing to try and mesh the games together.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
Yeah despite the amazing new engine I don't think CK2 will be the premier title from it, just the first. March of the Eagles is already a big improvement in some ways, like army management and overall better warfare. CK is more about lineage and getting married, lands, titles, and all that other medieval monarchy politics stuff that GoT nerds probably splurge over.

I tried the GoT mod. The major problem is that it's only worthwhile for the first 20 or so years, when characters you actually know are around. After that it's just the same randomly generated dipshits from CK2 vanilla, without the allure of fucking around with real world history of CK2.

RK47

Patron
So.. mercs spawn near your capital. And since my capital is an island, I'd like to imagine I just summoned 9,000 of them from Litany of Fury in orbit.
But the biggest issue is they don't come with their own fleet to ship them off the island. And my naval levy is limited to 6200... Grrrrr.....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom