Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

oscar

Arcane
Bought some new DLC and decided to fire her up again, but now I'm seeing tons of shit like this:

18403_10151316315667399_1034500996_n.jpg

Verified the catch, done the CF Explorer thing, made certain I'm running in admin so I'm pretty stumped.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Bought some new DLC and decided to fire her up again, but now I'm seeing tons of shit like this:

Verified the catch, done the CF Explorer thing, made certain I'm running in admin so I'm pretty stumped.
have you tried redownloading the whole game?

oscar

Arcane
Well I'm trying konjad's advice and reinstalling the damn thing. Probably will be a problem with the DLC as I've never had any problems before I purchased them today.

oscar

Arcane
Turns out I needed that fugly Mediterranean Faces DLC, and that not having it was causing problems with all the Better Looking Characters-using mods.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
EU: Rome is one of their most underrated titles imo
No it's not. I spent $2.50 for the game and its expansion pack, immediately installed the best full overhaul mod out there, played for 5 hours, uninstalled and I still feel like I got ripped off.

Would play the Rome II done on Crusader 2 Engine. :thumbsup:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Like hell I'm giving provinces to my worthless sons. ALL LAND is my land. :keepmyjewgold:
I only give land to my father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommates (assuming they're in the dynasty), strangers don't deserve land either. Having high Dynastic prestige is important for marriages and shee-it.

True, but still, those worthless sons have to learn they're there to warm up the bench, not to have their own land. Land ins't free, ya know?
No no, those sons are learning that daddy knows best and is doing it to keep them safe. Occasionally you'll have to explain a genius grandson about how killing his father and five older brothers was for the best of the whole family.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
No no, those sons are learning that daddy knows best and is doing it to keep them safe. Occasionally you'll have to explain a genius grandson about how killing his father and five older brothers was for the best of the whole family.
And that grandson then inevitably dies of pneumonia at 16, without getting the genius+strong wife you set him up with pregnant..

oscar

Arcane
I wish there were more alternate history set ups similar to Lux Invicta.

MetalCraze

Arcane

Looks like you are missing another 10 optional DLCs

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
Bought this and were having a great blast playing as lord of dublin at least until i get to become a king of ireland,after that it became pretty stupid to wage war only for one minor province(against england),and those stupid fuck vassals doesn't help me unless i draft their armies myself.
And boy do they hate you for drafting their armies,sieges usually last at least 6 months or so until enemy offers peace and after that it's 10 years of truce.:x
So does anyone have any advice for conquering the england faster,other than marrying.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I finally gave it a chance after using SSD to load it up quicker.
What a game.
I can see why it has its appeal. Most definitely gonna hit at least 50 hours of play time.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Just learn how feudal system and the different successions work so you don't have to waste a day trying to inherit :D

Mortmal

Arcane
You dont even need to know how it works. Pick elective monarchy and hold elector title, this is important you will want to selcect the best heir with the most titles later. Just marry your sovereign and all your sons , make plenty of kids, legitimize bastards, marry them to every women holding titles, countess and duchess, or even impress, (your descendance will inherit the titles) on the planet. Your relatives will likely succeed, and sometimes form kingdoms or win rebellions, everything will end up in your hands without a sweat .Starting with the feeble duchy of aksum , look how i managed to bring diversity to the holy roman empire:

F8yy5CU.jpg

RK47

Patron
well i started off in a remote place called iceland as a vassal.
i figured i try to learn how things works.
it seemed easy and clear cut. marry off, have kids, i lived a peaceful life.
then one day my spymaster told me the duke of icelands wants to uh... dissolve my vassalhood. or something.
that can't be good right?

what followed was a decade of me plotting to have him killed. I'm a good vassal, what have I done to deserve this?
I finally pushed him off a balcony - but the carpenter spotted me. So his son hates me.
I figure I need to strike first - again. In a hunting trip accident. Success. He's dead.
Then I realize the duke's next in line are a bunch of 1-3 year olds... I had 4 of them smothered with a pillow, and one dead to boating accident just because I can.
As I rapidly descended into one sinful deeds after another, eventually the lineage of the Duke of Iceland ends...and the new Regent takes over - which naturally isn't me. I finally rest in peace, handing over the reign to Sigmund, my favored son. Then a 2000-strong Bjorg army came and tore Iceland into pieces.

Not sure wtf is going on - but yeah, i think i'm getting the hand of it.

I have to say Paradox has really done their home work when it comes to historical characters, not just those in the game play years, but also those from long before the game even starts. Such as the following example, playing as the last direct (landed) descendant of Karl the great I decided to check my family tree and see how well they had fleshed it out. Turns out very well also the traits were pretty much spot on.
UvkD66L.jpg
Such as this character, Karl the greats eldest son. A bastard and a hunchback, who took part in a plot by several powerful nobles to over throw the Emperor and install him as a new ruler (ambitious). Not a huge thing for game play but I think it really adds a nice touch to the game.

Mortmal

Arcane
I thought characters that are already dead from the gamestart get random traits every game. Might be wrong though.

Now just convert to any of the heretic religions and let hell break through Europe.

Its not even needed, the pape is my vassal, i can excomunicate everyone, and the byzantine empire collapsed at the very beggining. All my neighbors have the religion of peace so its free casus belli and holy wars all over the place . Now this one died, my hair sucessfully repelled the aztec invasion as he can field even bigger doomstacks(not even counting the 4X holy order i could hire) and oddly the Rus repelled the golden horde . Thats where i am losing interest, vassalized god and my doomstacks are unmatchable , i am pretty sure to win and color the map if i want to.

RK47

Patron
Just learn how feudal system and the different successions work so you don't have to waste a day trying to inherit :D
started a new game as duke of cyprus
bro i just become a...ba.basileus.

ck2%202013-02-28%2009-44-49-75.jpg

Not sure how to play on. This is like being a mcdonald store manager promoted to the global operation CEO.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom