Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
And so passes Duke Gabran, succeeded by his son, Art mac Gabran.
In the years that followed, Scotland is stronger than ever - but the King...is weak.
Gilchrist II surrendered his throne to Mael the Welsh without a fight - to the shock of many.
Gilchrist II thought he could save Scotland by abdicating so easily.

But it would take a few years to undo all that work.

ck2%202013-03-04%2007-36-27-16.jpg

Unacceptable. UNACCEPTABLE. How many Sons of Man died for that county? Do you know how much my father spent to lead his own army to strengthen Scotland.

ck2%202013-03-04%2007-36-48-13.jpg

I don't know who the fuck you are, Mael, coming to our kingdom, deposing our King, and now demanding I surrender one of his gifts to me. I will fucking rape you as my father had raped your forefathers.

The Rape of Scotland begins anew.

RK47

Patron
too many demenses . it's over my steward ship. i might have to vassalize a few LPs.
hed hurt.

Wasn't there a "Press all claims" CB somewhere? I now have several claims against the Genoa, but the game only allows me to choose only one per war. Le baise?
IIRC, it is only for strong claims and does not include claimant's in your court.
Correct. Though this means that if you get lucky your Chancellor can get you a big pot of loot.
Hmm. It seems owning a county and being its duke isn't strong enough to have the rights to the county's holdings.
Republics are weird. I get a claim on one's county, win the war, but only get the county's main holding and a title. The rest of the holdings still belong to the republic and I have to go to new wars for each one of them separately. :cannot-into-politics:

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
is that dlc worth it?
The essential ones were sword of Islam (if you want to play as Andhaira's kin), legacy of Rome ( more events for Byzzies + retinues) and republics (if you want to outjew rival republican families).

RK47

Patron
Just as a hint, you shouldn't let Scotland get too strong without you at the helm. Well, if your aspirations is to run Scotland. Also what is that king title in Wales?

I wish I knew it earlier, I'm about to be raped I think.
I don't have enough gold - they hit me at the right time - right after I claim the last county in Ireland in the name of Scotland...
Just 200g treasury and I'm facing a stack of 13,000 - strong Scots Army. The same army I helped to build - and protected their home land.

:neveraskedforthis:

I will never forget this....
Never.

Ever.

Forget.

:mad:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Pledge to another kingdom that can intervene to save you. Norway or England most likely. Then hold out just long enough. Put your troops on ships, recapture taken holdings after enemies move on. Assassinate enemy king. Stir unrest. Dont give up, you can do it.

RK47

Patron
You can't just swear fealty without declaring independence. To gain independence you have to declare war on your liege first AND win.
I don't know how I bypassed that requirement on the last flip flop I executed on England - perhaps I was a de-jure vassal or some shit with Scotland when that happened.
But I have a cunning plan.
I ain't giving up without a fight.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
What? From what I remember you can always pledge to another king, the only question is if he will accept you. At least thats how it used to be before dlc.

RK47

Patron
I'll see if I can do that tonight.
Currently at work.
Goddamn Gilchrist... why do you have to be so spineless.

OK let's recap.

King wants to revoke my county > I refuse > Got war declared on me > I can swear fealty?

True/False?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Then they must have changed it. OK. You are screwed. A little bit that is. Hold out long enough and perhaps someone else decides to dogpile Scotland. Alternatively beeline for kings demesne that should give you enough warscore. Lucky capture of the king in battle can also be arranged.

That having said the main mistake you made was not having enough cash on hand to hire two mercenary squads at all times.

RK47

Patron
Then they must have changed it. OK. You are screwed. A little bit that is. Hold out long enough and perhaps someone else decides to dogpile Scotland. Alternatively beeline for kings demesne that should give you enough warscore. Lucky capture of the king in battle can also be arranged.

That having said the main mistake you made was not having enough cash on hand to hire two mercenary squads at all times.

I was busy furthering scotland's cause. I thought too far ahead, I thought Gilchrist wouldn't fuck with me.
So I spent more money on cash generating counties.

But it's ok.

Don't cry.

I'm the Duke of Ulster.

I'm Art mac Gabran.

I have a plan, lads.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
As a vassal, generally the wisest course of action is wanting to be sultan instead of the sultan. Being a good vassal is just not a good idea.

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
Sometimes though it is more advantageous being a multi-duke rather than a king (ie. if playing as Lithuania and you're on Golden Horde's path).

RK47

Patron
Rape and Retribution

"My duke, our coffers are not enough to fund the Irish Band... we may only have enough for a year or two. No more..."
"SILENCE! I WANT ANSWERS, STEWARD! NOT EXCUSES!"
"I..I will try my best."
"Your "best"?! Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen."

"MAAARSHALLLLLLLL!!!"
"Yes sire?!"
"ARREST THE RICHEST VASSALS IN MY DEMENSE! NAO!"

01.jpg

02.jpg

"May god forgive you, Duke of Art for this sinful act!"
"GOD THIS GOD THAT. I NEED GOLD GOD DAMN IT! AND I WILL HAVE IT ALL! LEAVE MY REALM! NEVER TO RETURN. YOU ARE NO LONGER A MAN! MARSHALL. SUMMON THE LEVY! AND GET ME THE IRISH BANDS THE SCOTTISH BANDS! AND the QUEEN BAND!"

TONIGHT WE FUCK SCOTLAND IN THE ARSE ONCE MORE!
MEN, WHO THE FUCK ARE WE?!
MEN! THE MANLIEST MEN OF THEM ALLLLLLL!!!!

04.jpg

SUMMON THE DEFENDERS OF MAN! WE MARCH TO BATTLE!

05.jpg

LOOK AT THEIR PENIS SHRINK!

06.jpg

I PAID MY DUES.... TIME AFTER TIME...

07.jpg

I'VE DONE MY SENTENCE... BUT COMMITTED NO CRIME...

08.jpg

I'VE HAD MY SHARE OF SAND... KICKED IN FACE....

09.jpg

BUT I'VE COME THROUUUUGHHHHHH

10.jpg

WEEEEEE AREEE THE CHAMPPPIONNNNS MY FRIIIIEEENDDSSSS

11.jpg

AND WE'LL KEEP ON FIGHTING TO THE ENDDDDD

12.jpg

NO TIME FOR LOSERS....CAUSE WE ARE THE CHAMPIONSSSSSS

13.jpg

OF THE WORRRLDDDD!!!!

LundB

Mistakes were made.
I see Operation Highland Cashgrab was a success.

See people, this AAR includes quotes from The Rock. That's how it's done.

RK47

Patron
You're no King

31 March, 1182
Scotland is at war against the belligerent Duke of Ulster. King Mael, who recently deposed Prince Gilchrist II from the throne demanded his vassal surrender one of his county - or face war. It was a terrible thing to refuse the demand. But even more so for the King for he had provoked the Hatred of Man.

Five thousand men died that day in Ulster.

01.jpg

The army of Scotland, battered, raped, and bruised, flee in all directions. Four thousand of them carry their bloodied rectums as they make the crossing to Galloway, with over NINE THOUSAND Army of Man in pursuit.

02.jpg

1 May, 1182 - The Battle of Whithorn - another two thousand died or missing. King Mael quivers in fear.

03.jpg

Rumors of a marriage with between the Duke's daughter and a foreign King fueled suspicion that a new ally is about to enter the war and destroy Scotland utterly...

04.jpg

16 May. 1182 - Buoyed by news of the new Alliance - the Ulsterian Army continued to win battles after battles, the Scottish army try in vain to reinforce, only to be pursued at every turn by the horde. Anyone caught in by the pursuers are beaten, raped, and killed. Or worse.

05.jpg

Fortunately, for Scotland, the King of Dane is a coward - Grunkers gonna Grunk. Ulminatis going to Ulm.

06.jpg

However, it is of no consequence - for the rape of Scotland has begun, with nothing standing between plunder and the 9000 strong army - no holds barred assaults were made against the King's vassals. Reaping the treasury within. Gold given freely to the hungry mercs.

07.jpg

But the Duke's tyrannical action does not escape the ire of his vassal, for in desperate times, he resorted to desperate measures, to the ire of many.

08.jpg

Cracks begin to show in his vassalhood, but the Duke showed no fear as assaults after assaults rained, thousands of men throwing themselves at the keep's walls hundreds dying every siege, but not the barest show of restraint was made. Scotland is being raped raw.

16 November, 1182

King Mael's power grew weaker. And his vassals smelled blood. Over nine thousand men lost , raped or killed. Anal virginity lost by the dozens every day - eventually the County of Moray went into revolt. Duke Farquhar's 1,500 strong levy sieges the County of Ross where the King resides... cowering in shame.

10.jpg

He grew desperate.

11.jpg

Meanwhile, rape in the west continues unabated.

12.jpg

13.jpg

Slaughter, pillage, rape, a man can lose himself within the madness of war, as six thousand mercs die around him, the Duke of Ulster fell ill. Spectres of his father spoke to him in his sleep, forgiving him of his sins against Scotland, for a Man can do no other than defend himself.

Eventually....
16.jpg

He got better. And just in time, as the Duke of Moray faces the nearly revitalized army of Scotland - a four thousand strong levy coming to rescue their liege.

18.jpg

16 October, 1183 - the race of Ross begins.

19.jpg

As the vassals of Moray rushes into action in defense of their Duke -

20.jpg

Scotland burns from within.

25 November, 1183
21.jpg

The Duke of Moray faces complete annihilation in Ross, the siege is broken. A retreat was called - but as he flees to Moray, the sight of the Ulsterian Army made him smile. Fists were raised in unison.

"It's your show, Art! Show them who is the real King of Scotland!" the Duke shouted as he marches back to him home county to lick his wounds.

"I am no King, Farquhar. Only a Man. A very. Angry. Man," came the reply.

5 December, 1183
22.jpg

Rape.

23.jpg

The King's forces raises the white flag, humiliated by the Duke of Ulster as the Duke of Moray's army joins the celebration in unison.

24.jpg

25.jpg

At last, the tyranny of the Scottish King is over!

RK47

Patron
Betrayer

King Mael the Gentle - passed away as he surrendered. Dying in shame. He may be Gentle - for That Man had made a Fe-Mael out of him. His son will inherit the throne. As The Duke of Ulster signal that the battle is over - there is much protest from the Duke of Moray.

"Art! Are you a fool?! He is at our MERCY! Finish the King's line! You betrayed his father, and he will come for you eventually! Fight with me, and we'll take Scotland for ourselves!"

"Farquhar. I did not betray his father. Nor did I betray Scotland. Scotland betrayed me. And now she believes in me again, and I will not let anyone else rape her. Cease the attack or perish where you stand."

"Yo-you....MADMAN!"
"I am only a man. MEN! ATTACK!"

02.jpg

1184 - The Duke of Moray is labelled a traitor of Scotland.

03.jpg

King Maelgwn I takes the throne after his father's unfortunate end.

04.jpg

Ye he inherits a dangerous throne, for many covets it - and the only one standing in their way is the man who betrayed his father - and slaughtered thousands of his men in turn. Yes, it's That Man.

05.jpg

Once again, the Sons of Man will save Scotland - for that, is their duty.

06.jpg

"You're beaten, Art! YOU'VE LOST! I SHALL TAKE THE THRONE AND THEN *YOU* are THE TRAITOR!"

07.jpg

The King knows that Art is his only hope and acts accordingly.

08.jpg

1184 , The Ulsterian army lost the battle of Ross - and retreats to the county of Moray. Broken, but still in the fight.

09.jpg

Very much still in it. Farquhar knew it.

10.jpg

I will not betray Scotland.

11.jpg

And I shall rape Moray in her name.

12.jpg

"DON'T BE A FOOL, ART! YOU WILL NOT BE REMEMBERED AS A HERO! YOU CANNOT SAVE SCOTLAND! SHE IS BURNING! BROKEN!"

13.jpg

"That may be so, Farquhar...but my father did not return to see her spoiled once more... I shall make her whole again..."

14.jpg

19 September, 1184
The Duke of Lothian declared war to claim the throne of Scotland. The rape of thrones has begun.

15.jpg

16.jpg

As Scotland burns around him, Art knew there is only war - he cannot hope to make her whole again. What must be done? The answer came in a missive delivered to him in a fine morning of 26 February, 1185.

17.jpg

RK47

Patron
Scotland the Brave

01.jpg

The King, and his Savior side by side once more.

02.jpg

As Scotland breaks asunder around them, brothers rape one another.

03.jpg

But Art would not be swayed, this is what his father would have wanted.

04.jpg

Gilchrist retakes Ross from his usurper's son.

05.jpg

As the Duke of Ulster defends from treachery at home.

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

Bonds remade. The King and his Duke is together once more.

11.jpg

Scotland is whole again. Yet for how long?

26 June, 1187

The English are coming for her.

10.jpg

granit

Scholar
I'm really hyped for this game. I'm a Swede and for some reason had not heard of Paradox Development Studio until now! So yeah, thank you codex.

Being a cheap bastard, I bought CK 1 Complete for 5$ for starters. (Green man gaming has it for 5$, but I warn you - you must use their Capsule service and download speeds are terrible at about 45kB/s. Still it's a steal)

stabby

Learned
But CK2 is superior to easier than CK1 :<

Fixed that a little bit for ya, as I know there are a few 'round these parts that'll disagree with you quite vehemently.

Also granit, speaking as another who most certainly discovered & quickly picked up CK2 thanks to the LPs & AARs from here, you'll soon see that Paradox puts it on sale for 75% or so quite regularly (along with their DLC & other games), so it's not too hard to pick up on the cheap.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
I'm really hyped for this game. I'm a Swede and for some reason had not heard of Paradox Development Studio until now! So yeah, thank you codex.

Being a cheap bastard, I bought CK 1 Complete for 5$ for starters. (Green man gaming has it for 5$, but I warn you - you must use their Capsule service and download speeds are terrible at about 45kB/s. Still it's a steal)
grab the DVIP (Deus Vult Improvement Pack) mod to fix most of the glaring bugs and add some nice extras here and there

also: give CK2 a try, once you've got the hang of CK1... there's a demo around if you don't want to buy blind

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom