Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cleve gets into a fight with SidAlpha!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Those drama bitches are retarded.
I've always thought that the whole "Look world, I'm on Youtube !" generation is retarded. Unfortunately for me, they are the future and I am the past.
Nah the future will be for the grognards,all this internet corporate shit will crumble in a decade. Most likely there will be a fucking war and only people with bunkers and wildlife experience will survive.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Would be fairly funny if he even found a lawyer willing to take his "case". I don't think I've seen anything that would fall under "actionable" coming from Cleve, but then again I'm not a lawyer.
Why not? Money is money, and if the lawyer can milk the fool (because international cases takes forever), he'd be laughing all the way to the bank. Win or lose, he gets paid.

Assuming Sid had the scratch to pay for anything beyond a consultation, anything but the most retarded ambulance-chaser would absolutely prefer to take a case that didn't make THEM look like a total sped or otherwise reflect poorly on their lawfirm
CGqonFfVAAEvnk-.png

Cael

Arcane
Since when has lawyers cared about winning or losing minor cases other than the $$$ it would bring? Now, if this was a major case with lots of media, then... the lawyer would still take it to grandstand and decry the other side and set himself up as a white knight fighting oppression.

I don't know what lawyers are like in upside-downland but given that when I was in the process of pursuing legal action against an entity here in the States, I basically had to give them enough evidence to sink a battleship and they STILL decided it wasn't worth a run (and referred me to some absolute bunch of speds instead) I'm going to stick my neck out and say even lawyers don't like being fucking humiliated in court
Nothing to do with humiliation. They will spin it so that they are the white knight trying to fight white/hetero/alt-right/kitchen sink/mother's dog oppression in front of the media and get free publicity and fame.

Remember, in Australia, the Human Rights Commission takes out ads to get people to make complaints against cartoonists, satirists and white men.

PorkBarrellGuy

Nothing to do with humiliation. They will spin it so that they are the white knight trying to fight white/hetero/alt-right/kitchen sink/mother's dog oppression in front of the media and get free publicity and fame.

A high-profile, emotionally-charged case? Maybe, yeah. I can't imagine anyone outside of the Codex and Sid's fanbase honestly giving a single sugar-dusted fuck about Cleve and Sid's little slappyfight, though. Keep in mind that here in the 'Kwa we just had that Avenatti chump take aim at both Trump and Kavanaugh, make a gigantic ass of himself, do exactly what you described... and he basically became the official Village Idiot of the entire goddamn US of A. And THEN the DV shit dropped.

Cael

Arcane

A high-profile, emotionally-charged case? Maybe, yeah. I can't imagine anyone outside of the Codex and Sid's fanbase honestly giving a single sugar-dusted fuck about Cleve and Sid's little slappyfight, though. Keep in mind that here in the 'Kwa we just had that Avenatti chump take aim at both Trump and Kavanaugh, make a gigantic ass of himself, do exactly what you described... and he basically became the official Village Idiot of the entire goddamn US of A. And THEN the DV shit dropped.
Oh, the lawyer that takes up the slapfight between those two will be in it for the money. It is too small for the humiliation factor to make a sting.

I thought we were talking about the bigger ones. In the bigger ones, being able to navigate the often tenebrous whims of the bipolar SJW schiznos is key to survival, as many burnt/burning SJWs have found out.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
I love the homoerotica that Cleve and SidAlpha are producing. I am breathing very heavily down my own shirt.

PorkBarrellGuy

Oh, the lawyer that takes up the slapfight between those two will be in it for the money. It is too small for the humiliation factor to make a sting.

I thought we were talking about the bigger ones. In the bigger ones, being able to navigate the often tenebrous whims of the bipolar SJW schiznos is key to survival, as many burnt/burning SJWs have found out.

I thought I already established that my theory-crafting (if you want to call it that) is all in the context of potential legal action by Sid (or Cleve, really), and that any lawyer who took either's case (Sid's case ESPECIALLY) is going to be the dumbest ambulance-chasing motherfucker who had no dignity to throw away anyhow.

Cael

Arcane

I thought I already established that my theory-crafting (if you want to call it that) is all in the context of potential legal action by Sid (or Cleve, really), and that any lawyer who took either's case (Sid's case ESPECIALLY) is going to be the dumbest ambulance-chasing motherfucker who had no dignity to throw away anyhow.
You've pretty much described 90% of lawyers. Of the remaining 10%, 9.99% are politicians.

PorkBarrellGuy

You've pretty much described 90% of lawyers. Of the remaining 10%, 9.99% are politicians.

I wouldn't say that many of them are that stupid (you could argue on how scrupulous they might be, but unscrupulous != stupid). I don't think either party has the kind of scratch to get anything but a goddamn desperate lawyer interested.

Generic-Giant-Spider

It's more likely he ordered the downvotes himself when he realized that almost nobody outside of his echo-chamber of furries, preteens and pedophiles with anime avatars were actually watching the videos.
It's difficult to LARP as a brave hard-hitting investigative video game journalist if you aren't receiving any backlash.

How dare you diminish these good-willed anarchists and freedom fighters. These are the picaresque heroes of our time that post black text on white background inspirational quotes from V For Vendetta on their Tumblr and buy many a fair Twitch maiden the latest headset from their Amazon wishlist.

Without these devilishly dashing and lovable urchins how would us common blooded know-nothings ever find the will to do battle with Neanderthal fused demonics and the soulless megacorporations that sired them?

Cael

Arcane
How do you know with absolute certainty you are in the final generation of a society that is about to end up classic historical roadkill?

Remember, in Australia, the Human Rights Commission takes out ads to get people to make complaints against cartoonists, satirists and white men.
They have form. The head of the same commission claimed in a Senate hearing that she walked past barbed wire and sandbags, and soldiers toting machine guns when she visited the detention centres we had to set up for illegal immigrants in Nauruand Manus Island.

Problem is, the illegal immigrants had free run of the island and have fathered children with the locals. There were no barbed wire or sandbag or machine guns. She LIED! And refuse to admit it, even when called out by the Army generals and the Senate itself.

Human rights, gentlemen, to the SJW is merely a vehicle for deception and fraud. Listen to them at your own risk.

Bohr

Arcane
Here's what you get if he makes $1,000 in a month on his Patreon:

At this tier level Sid will hold a poll and will perform a dramatic reading of a song to be determined by the channel's Patreon supporters for the enjoyment of all, making use of the full power of his audible chocolate voice!

Nothing like men paying other men to hear their "audible chocolate voice" read to them the lyrics of a song.

Sounds promising. When this little spat dies down perhaps we can club together and get him to do the V2 version of this?

Generic-Giant-Spider

Here's what you get if he makes $1,000 in a month on his Patreon:

At this tier level Sid will hold a poll and will perform a dramatic reading of a song to be determined by the channel's Patreon supporters for the enjoyment of all, making use of the full power of his audible chocolate voice!

Nothing like men paying other men to hear their "audible chocolate voice" read to them the lyrics of a song.

Sounds promising. When this little spat dies down perhaps we can club together and get him to do the V2 version of this?

If I could, I'd rate this funny. For now you must deal with this "LOL"

Mustawd

Did the drama die out already? Low energy SidOmega!

Nothing will come of this.

No one will be sued.

Nothing will change.

This is just a ploy to direct attention from actually working on a game ppl paid money for.

Has Cleve reached out to get info to send a lawsuit? Of course not. He has no intentions of ever wasting money on some lawsuit that’d get thrown out in 10 minutes.

This is a meh drama thread. I was hoping for something actually interesting.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Rule of thumb: whenever some small-time youtuber or average joe on the internet claims that they "just had a talk with their lawyer" or something like that, there is about 99,99% chance that they don't have a lawyer and they have never even met one in their life.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Rule of thumb: whenever some small-time youtuber or average joe on the internet claims that they "just had a talk with their lawyer" or something like that, there is about 99,99% chance that they don't have a lawyer and they have never even met one in their life.
Actually i just had a talk with my lawyer,he is my brother and the bastard owes me money!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom