Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Clockwork Revolution - inXile's steampunk time travel first-person action-RPG led by Chad Moore and Jason Anderson

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
i first saw the thread title and i thought 'there are still people out there who care about inxile?'

then i saw the op

1686506819527.png

and i laffed

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.inxile-entertainment.com/news/clockwork-revolution-announced

Clockwork Revolution Announced at Xbox Games Showcase​

Today we announced Clockwork Revolution at the Xbox Games Showcase, a fantastical, first-person action RPG, with dynamic time-bending combat, deep interconnected roleplaying systems, and the ability to create your own unique character from the ground up. The project is led by Game Director Chad Moore and Principal Designer Jason Anderson, who just happen to have created one of the greatest steampunk RPGs of all time—Arcanum.

SETTING AND STORY​

Clockwork_Revolution_SS1.jpg

Clockwork Revolution takes place in the vibrant Victorian-era metropolis of Avalon, where steam trains fly overhead, wealthy industrialists replace their limbs with ornate clockwork prosthetics, and mechanical servants fulfill their masters’ every whim.

But this new age of wonders holds a dark secret—it’s been carefully constructed by the ruthless Lady Ironwood. Through use of a time travel device, she’s changed key moments in Avalon’s history, keeping the working class struggling in the slums and factories, while bringing herself immense wealth and power. That’s where you come in…

TIME TRAVEL AND THE CHRONOMETER​

Clockwork_Revolution_SS5.jpg

Discovering Ironwood’s scheme, you’ll use a wondrous device known as the Chronometer to travel back in time, choose how to influence the past, and then return to the present to experience the effects of your decisions. Through unprecedented and complex visual and narrative depth, the choices you make on your trips into the past will change the people, the stories, and the city of Avalon itself in extraordinary and (very often) unexpected ways. In Clockwork Revolution we’re pushing roleplaying reactivity to new heights, infused with the unique texture and personality that you’ve come to expect from our games.

This is an exciting project for us at inXile. Not only is Clockwork Revolution our first fully-fledged Xbox Game Studios release, but from start to finish we’re utilizing the resources and support of Microsoft and Xbox to create our studio’s first AAA first-person action RPG. We’re still early in development, but hope you enjoyed this pre-alpha sneak peek, and we look forward to sharing more… in due time.

Studio Head, inXile entertainment
Brian Fargo
Visit the Clockwork Revolution game page.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Funny that InXile is alowed to make a crazy time travel steampunk RPG while Arkane was forced to make a Borderlands clone.
Redfall development began before Microsoft acquisition, this began after.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Funny that InXile is alowed to make a crazy time travel steampunk RPG while Arkane was forced to make a Borderlands clone.
Funny that InXile is allowed to make a crazy time travel steampunk RPG while Obsidian will spend the next ~5 years shoveling out mediocre Skyrim derivatives.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Action RPG? I knew Microsoft's money would turn them into making Bethesda/CDPR type shit.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Steam page:

Clockwork Revolution is a time-bending steampunk first-person RPG. After stumbling across an incredible invention that allows you to travel into the past, you discover the city you call home—the vibrant steam-powered metropolis of Avalon—has been carefully crafted through the alteration of historical events. By traveling back to key moments, your interactions and choices will have a butterfly effect on the deep, narrative-driven world and characters of Avalon, causing them to change and react in unprecedented ways.

MATURE CONTENT DESCRIPTION​

The developers describe the content like this:
This Game may contain content not appropriate for all ages, or may not be appropriate for viewing at work: Some Nudity or Sexual Content, Frequent Violence or Gore, General Mature Content

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
i first saw the thread title and i thought 'there are still people out there who care about inxile?'

then i saw the op

View attachment 37220

and i laffed
Wasteland 3 was good. :M

Black tranny main character. I want off this ride.
The hand of the protagonist when they were picking up the gun was white. I’m assuming the ugly black woman is just the “real” inventor of the time travel McGuffin.
There's custom character creation. They just went with a black woman default for the trailer.

Ryzer

Arcane
Looks like a complete knockoff of Bioshock with niggers on top and dogshit first-person combat.

LMAO even youtube classified the game as Bioshock infinite.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom