Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Clockwork Revolution - inXile's steampunk time travel first-person action-RPG led by Chad Moore and Jason Anderson

Delterius

Arcane
Steampunk + timetravel. One chance to make steampunk right! No cogshit, real science and real technology and the hands of 19th century barbarians. That could give us an oportunity for some real exploration! Which pieces of victorian society and aesthetics were geniune choices and which were born out of the technological limitations of the time. But instead we get the same crap as always.
'Cor blimey missus Mildred, we 'ave accidentally buhtterfly'd an England which is 19% less passive aggressive about sex! We must go back and fix our time!' *jumps into ye longe distance telephone station*

d1nolore

Savant
What a waste of a budget, find someone with original ideas. The plagiarism stuff is cringe.

MartinK

Learned
Looks like an AI generated game. Everything about it is generic
It wouldn’t suprise me if the purpose if this garbage was to train the customer to accept generic shit so when the Ai gets good enough he will hapilly consume fully automated content. You gotta pay writers, artists and porgrammers, but electricity and GPUs to run the AI will be fully subsidized by taxpayers to "maintain generative AI parity with China".

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
ye very soon the generic stuff made up by people is gonna become indistinguishable from AI

when you look at some ideas from the 70s and 80s... this is yikes

Tigranes

Arcane
inxile & quest scripting nightmares, this is the game they were born to make and will die making

Dycedarg

Learned
The time travel part seems interesting. The art direction, on the other hand, looks really bad.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.eurogamer.net/bioshock-...lights-similarities-with-clockwork-revolution

UPDATE 5.45pm UK: Microsoft has commented on the similarities to BioShock Infinite seen in the debut trailer for Clockwork Revolution, the next game from Wasteland 3 developer InXile.

"Any similarities are unintentional," an Xbox spokesperson told Eurogamer today. "Players will be able to fully customise their own main character in the game."

Character customisation may set Clockwork Revolution apart from BioShock Infinite, but plenty of onlookers made comparisons between the game's artstyle, characters and setting. More on that below.

:smug:

Ryzer

Arcane
Holy shit the damage control, also they never said they didn't copy Bioshock. :lol:

Potato Canon

Novice
It's not like first person steampunk RPGs come out very often. It's by far the most promising of any of the announced stuff under the Microsoft umbrella.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I mean you can argue that the time period and 'steampunk' type setting doesn't warrant it being a clone but then you have the "Idealistic Utopia becomes dystopic" theme which you could argue is generic and not specific to Bioshock games, but then they go full on "le quantum mechanics and alternate timelines" wankery and it's just a little too much beyond coincidence for me...

Dunno why they are acting like it's unintentional and not just leaning into it with "it will be Bioshock Infinite but with more RPG mechanics and a better story," it worked for The Outer Worlds, marketing wise.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I mean you can argue that the time period and 'steampunk' type setting doesn't warrant it being a clone but then you have the "Idealistic Utopia becomes dystopic" theme which you could argue is generic and not specific to Bioshock games, but then they go full on "le quantum mechanics and alternate timelines" wankery and it's just a little too much beyond coincidence for me...
Fun fact: Fargo didn't rip off time fuckery from Bioshock Infinite. If anything it was the other way around.

No joke, Fargo mentioned bringing back Meantime not that long ago, and more than once. (Sorry, no citations. Ask Roguey, I bet they're on his .txt.) It never came anywhere close to being a development announcement, just an idea he never let go. And now the game really has been announced.

Don Peste

Arcane
Who cares about character personalization in an FPS? Mirrors won't have reflections.

BTW it's not Bioshock + Chrono Trigger, it's Timeshift + Anachronox.

Diggfinger

Arcane
:2.5/5: IF shooter-RPG, very light on RPG mechanics

:3/5: IF half-assed Arkane studio Deathloop type thing. Uninteresting mechanics that quickly become redundant

:4/5: IF Arcanum meets Bioshock :cool: RPG a la base, realized in a first-person perspective
Wonder how the time travel mechanics will work. Not a huge fan at first, but could be cool.
Will it be constantly travelling back and forth to see changes happen, or at select story-moments :|

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Is this the game Brothercuck is the lead writer for?
ae2083850311ae7ef71988cde51b62fe.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom