Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Codex GOTY 2015 - Results

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
those are meaningless unofficial fan polls that hold about as much weight as the watch poll

this is the only poll that matters and it is clear that AoD is not as good as Underrail, I just don't understand why some AoD superfans can't realise this, they're really making themselves look silly

Why this is the only pool that matters? Because it tries to do a bunch of other inclusive shit has nothing to do with selecting the most popular game? Or because it is susceptible to cheating? Because it is official? The fact is that polls about the best ones are just popularity polls for a given community. They are not intellectual stimulating. Felipepe tried to turn into something else in order to make it stimulating for him and his group, and the result is is not stimulating for his group (hello Undertale with a bunch of 1s!) or the rest. The exception are the cheaters, who are nothing but a bunch of dishonest manchild who want their favorite game to win no matter what. The next time I will be dishonest too, because this pool doesn’t reflect shit.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
You have a very unCodexian attitude. Why do you need to play a game you talk shit about?

Because it should be beneath us to act like 12 year old fankiddie cunts.
Citizen, please visit the next detector recalibration center.

Also, there's always that pesky difference between "should be" and "is".

But it’s precisely because there is a discrepancy between what actually is and what should be, that official GOTY pools should be changed. Let’s be real now. These pools are not rocket science. In order to make a GOTY pool all you need is to start a new thread and add a pool for each category. Each codexer can vote one single time in his or her favorite game without trolling. Felipepe is trying to reinvent the wheel with these graphics and Bayesian averages. These averages don’t work, in any way you look at it. First, they don’t avoid the popularity contests because people will always give a high average for their favorite games. Secondly, they invite trolling, which muddles our perception about the game actual popularity. If someone wanted to promote less popular games, he or she could make a list with the released games in each category before the pool. Everybody wins.

Turjan

Arcane
But it’s precisely because there is a discrepancy between what actually is and what should be, that official GOTY pools should be changed. Let’s be real now.
Yes, let's be "real" now. You have the raw data and can use any method on those that you want. There you have your personal GOTY poll. Even in this thread, you will find different ways of dealing with the data that make either Underrail, AoD or Witcher 3 the winner. Take your pick, be happy about it. You cannot go more transparent thatn this.

As it is, the three front runners are that close that it doesn't really matter what you pick. Which is probably the reason why you don't see any of the same fights as last year.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
AoD and Underrail are both great games, but without any butthurt i see Underrail a bit ahead. Just check out the amount of work on systems, different playstyles and all the environmental design in UR. AoD is great, but maps and systems do lack in comparison. And that's because both games have different focus. So i am not even sure they should be compared to death, generating butthurt.

Mortmal

Arcane
This poll is also meaningless since it didn't use the tested and true point system that, for example, led to our "Best RPGs of all time" list, which was highly regarded on the internet from what I could read about it. This poll is complete garbage I'm afraid - even if I agree with most of the results. You cannot take a poll seriously where people distribute 1's and 5's willy nilly for games they have NEVER played, touched or heard about. How many do you think actually listened to 'only vote on games you played'? I promise you, it wasn't a lot.

Amongst those who even play(let alone buy anything), how many finish the games ? Theres quite a few who rated underrail 5 but never bothered to went past the junkyard.As far as i remember the game wasnt overhyped, no popular blogger plays it , outisde the codex and the watch its pretty much obscure and unknown. So i think people who tried underraill are mostly hardcore gamers.

Yet theres something i cant explain looking at the steam stats
First Blood!
Kill a living creature 64.7 % only ??? So many people did not even bother to even kill one critter....

Somebody Called For an Exterminator?

Kill 100 rathounds 22.7% hmm... i am pretty sure its very easy to reach that amount just playing half the game , i bet not even 2% finished it completely.

Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter
I'm more surprised over how few people have read Art of the Deal:

pfxuOco.png

Mortmal

Arcane
I'm more surprised over how few people have read Art of the Deal:

pfxuOco.png

well for AOD finishing the game is reaching hellgate, your 2% achievement is a bit too extreme , so 17.9% finsihed it in some way. Thats not so bad but still only the hardcore plays it. Divinity classic had 6% completion rate with a much larger public.

Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter
Yeah, you can reach AOD's final Temple with a talker in probably 30 minutes (never tried a speedrun), if you know what you are doing.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
My 2 cents:

Let me start by stating the obvious: Underrail is a great game and it's much closer to the Codex ideal RPG than AoD. I honestly don't see it as a competition (and I wouldn't want to "win" against Styg), so both games having about the same score is really the best outcome. Personally, I'm glad that AoD has its audience on the Codex and that so many people like the game as that's really what the poll is about.

PS.

I actually really didn't like AoD that much. I was pretty public with that before there was any potential for a GotY match up.
MSF in a PM: "I do think there is a good game here, and I have no intention of being unfair in any way. There's a lot of elements I really like, there are some elements that I think are good but fall short of great."

Voted 1/5. Makes sense.

Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter
He's a super Underrail fanboy, completely emotional guy. I gave him a pass earlier in the thread.

Ulminati, who also gave AoD 1 and Underrail 5 (he probably never even played it) on the other hand, is a super faggot.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Unlike MSF, Ulminati honestly hated the game from day 1, so I salute his unwavering principles.

Cadmus

Arcane
People really do that? Go on the Internet and tell lies? I mean, obviously but I'm not so damaged by the net that I would fuck up this small poll by spamming bullshit votes. I guess I need about 5 more years to become a complete shitposter retard.

My 2 cents:

Let me start by stating the obvious: Underrail is a great game and it's much closer to the Codex ideal RPG than AoD. I honestly don't see it as a competition (and I wouldn't want to "win" against Styg), so both games having about the same score is really the best outcome. Personally, I'm glad that AoD has its audience on the Codex and that so many people like the game as that's really what the poll is about.

PS.

I actually really didn't like AoD that much. I was pretty public with that before there was any potential for a GotY match up.
MSF in a PM: "I do think there is a good game here, and I have no intention of being unfair in any way. There's a lot of elements I really like, there are some elements that I think are good but fall short of great."

Voted 1/5. Makes sense.
:butthurt:

Vault Dweller

Developer
You really think I care? I merely remember what you said and thus was surprised to see your name on the 'voted 1' list, that's all. I assume downvoting AoD was very important to you, so I'm glad it worked out in the end.

You really think I care? I merely remember what you said and thus was surprised to see your name on the 'voted 1' list, that's all. I assume downvoting AoD was very important to you, so I'm glad it worked out in the end.
I don't remember voting 1, honestly. I thought I voted 3. My fanboyism may have taken over, though.

Tigranes

Arcane
His fingers slipped.

Don't worry guys, you will all have a chance to fight to the death about this for real when the Top 70 RPGs list gets updated.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom