Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Codex GOTY 2015 - Results

Tigranes

Arcane
Yeah, 10 years later Codex newfags will look back and say "look Underrail beat AOD by two and a half votes in the Codex GOTY, STFU AOD sux"

"and also that new colony ship game coming out next thursday will also suck"

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
TBH this is far more useless than the last GOTY poll since 50% of the votes were trolling. Can we go back to the old format next year? I understand it's just for good fun, but still.

If we had used this format, Dork Souls would be a 0/5 last year because everyone rated it 1 without playing it because "lul weeb shit."

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, 10 years later Codex newfags will look back and say "look Underrail beat AOD by two and a half votes in the Codex GOTY, STFU AOD sux"

"and also that new colony ship game coming out next thursday will also suck"
This whole silly story sounds like a great premise for a colony ship quest.

Ziem

Arbiter
EZT5U2g.png

NullFlow

Savant
To the surprise of no one it's UR and AoD as the RPG Codex darlings that win top two GOTY spots. Somehow TW3 sneaks in 3rd even though this place seems to have a big love-hate relationship with it.

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Here's a cool graphic:

rSqq2db.jpg

Is the scale on the y-axis off? It seems as though the average rating of all the games is below 3, regardless if it refers to cumulative average or the group average(s) and that does not correspond to the results. What is the granularity (size of the group) on the x-axis? A month? A 1/4 of the year?

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
A grand total of 9 people who rated UR 5 also rated AoD 1. Out of about 200 people who voted UR 5/5. Percentages can be deceiving when you don't provide the total they're based on. I too find it hard to believe that someone who really liked either of these games would hate the other one that much, though.

They're already named here.
Shhh. Itz a cunspiracy!!!

Saduj

Arcane
Codexers should be allowed to vote only in one game in each category.

I would go with option to vote for a 1st (5 points), 2nd (3 points) and 3rd (1 point). Highest point total wins. Still open to abuse and skews towards games that are played the most. But you don't have the issue of people cancelling out their own vote by rating two games with the same score. Plus people would actually be voting for GOTY rather that rating games in a poll.

Edit - for the record, Underrail winning is fine with me

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Wasn't that how it was voted in the past? You had an amount of points and you had to distribute as you see fit among games.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I actually like the new system better than the old one. Sure, it's abused, but it tells me better which games are worth playing anyway.

Gotta play Witcher 3 sooner or later :creamyblood:

Mortmal

Arcane
Those who gave FO4 a 5/5 deserve a
bethestard.png
tag, at the very least.

Now dude i dont want to derail your brofist harvesting rolll, but i' drather see that tag linked with stats of people posting the most on bethesda subforum instead. Linking those stats and what they really vote should be funny too.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
AoD missed some 6 opportunities to be codex GOTY, fans have no right to be butthurt.
It's hilarious that a person who hasn't even played AoD besides the demo is one of the most vocal AoD haters. You're talking shit about Age of Decadence in every thread it's mentioned, even going as far as trying to discredit those who know this game like a back of their hand in the Steam reviews section :D. At least you had the decency to not rate it in the plebiscite. Play the game and then present arguments and criticize it. Then again FeelTheRads supposedly played it and he still can't even back his words up and present arguments why he thinks this game is shit (according to him) besides "it haz TELEPORTATION!!!!!!".

And as I've said before, if "all AoD and UR 1s were changed to 2s" AoD would have won (so yeah, 10 UR fanboys voting 1 for AoD and 5 and 4 for UR made a difference). AoD would also win if results were sorted by the % enjoyed tab, if only votes of monocled users were taken into account and if 1 votes were not taken into account.
It also won in every other poll and that's because there was no ranking system there and no downvoting was possible.
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/goty-2015.107073/
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/goty-2015-monocle-edition.106917/
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...s-quick-and-brutal-2015-rpgoty-survey.105982/
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...oty-roleplaying-game-game-of-the-year.106067/

Tigranes

Arcane
As a rabid AOD fan, I don't mind that UR won, UR is a wonderful game too.

Seems like some UR fans do get very emoshunal about it though

(It's OK Vault Dweller, try again in 2022)

those are meaningless unofficial fan polls that hold about as much weight as the watch poll

this is the only poll that matters and it is clear that AoD is not as good as Underrail, I just don't understand why some AoD superfans can't realise this, they're really making themselves look silly

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
This poll is also meaningless since it didn't use the tested and true point system that, for example, led to our "Best RPGs of all time" list, which was highly regarded on the internet from what I could read about it. This poll is complete garbage I'm afraid - even if I agree with most of the results. You cannot take a poll seriously where people distribute 1's and 5's willy nilly for games they have NEVER played, touched or heard about. How many do you think actually listened to 'only vote on games you played'? I promise you, it wasn't a lot.

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
AoD lost by .02 points, ie well within the margin of error, ie shut the fuck up about it.

I mean really, I voted AoD higher than Underrail but who gives a fuck? .02 points? They're basically GOTY 1a and 1b. Find something else to bitch about folks.

Turjan

Arcane
This poll is bullshit because Underrail was launched in December 2015 and therefore is pretty much a 2016 game.
What do I mean is:
Age of Decadence GOTY 2015
Underrail GOTY 2016 (or not, I did not play it yet because MY GODDAMN PC DECIDED TO DIE FUCK THE UNIVERSE)

Underrail release date is 2015 GOTY material. This isn't a rule, but the award often goes to the most recently released title. (any medium, any kind of jury)
Although, glad those titles went high. I also glad that the list of contestant made be discover so many titles. (sad that i don't even have time to play my A- list these days)

It was launched right at December, that's barely any time for a mature review of the game and a lot of people only played it in 2016. Heck, I didn't even get to play it yet.
Meh. It's been in early access for years now. I just looked, and I've had it in my Steam account since September 2013. And I've had it before that.

Turjan

Arcane
You cannot take a poll seriously where people distribute 1's and 5's willy nilly for games they have NEVER played, touched or heard about.
You have a very unCodexian attitude. Why do you need to play a game you talk shit about?

Doktor Best

Arcane
You have a very unCodexian attitude. Why do you need to play a game you talk shit about?

Because it should be beneath us to act like 12 year old fankiddie cunts.

Polls and votes rely on competent voters to become an accurate representation of our values, else it just devolves into a shitfest platform for trolls and complex ridden fanboys.

I dont care about that shit, i care about incline, and all 3 winners of codex goty are proud examples of that. Neither of those deserve a 1.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom