Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Codex GOTY 2015 - Results

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by DarkUnderlord, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    NuCodex 2016... :M

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Konjad High on potatoes Patron

Konjad
    Strap Yourselves In Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    This basically says enough about many Underrail fans on Codex (I'm not saying all of them though). A bunch of manchildren who want their favourite toy to be considered the best by everyone or else they will scream and cry.

I mean, seriously, this is fucking dumb. I can't imagine a single person that greatly enjoys one of these games and hates the other - they share too much, albeit play quite differently. I voted 4/5 for AoD (my highest vote btw) because it's a damn good game (but I couldn't give it 5/5, because I feel like it could do much better and I still enjoyed ie. DOS much more albeit its flaws), and I voted 3/5 for Underrail. Underrail fails for me as a fun game, but its combat is kind of similar to AoD, so if you enjoy combat in one game you will in the other, just like multiplicity of many skills is an integral part of both games. Underrail fails to keep me interested due to average dialogues and boring story, but for fuck's sake, it's not really very different, hence I can't see why would anyone have more than 2 points of difference between these games. It's just a bunch of faggots voting 5/5 for UR because ITS BEST and 1/5 for AoD because IT WILL WIN WITH UR SO I WILL SCREEEEEAM!!!

I don't know if in the end it had any meaningful input, but everyone who voted such should be Watchwitzed immediately. No exceptions. No mercy. No time limit. Just eternal Watchwitz.

EDIT:

Also, you should name them, felipepepe.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
    • Brofist Brofist x 14
    ^ Top  
  3. Ninjerk Arcane

Ninjerk
    UR fangaying seems like a meme at this point

^ Top  
  4. Dead Guy Arbiter

Dead Guy
    A grand total of 9 people who rated UR 5 also rated AoD 1. Out of about 200 people who voted UR 5/5. Percentages can be deceiving when you don't provide the total they're based on. I too find it hard to believe that someone who really liked either of these games would hate the other one that much, though.

They're already named here.

• Brofist Brofist x 9
    ^ Top  
  5. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    Yeah, 10 years later Codex newfags will look back and say "look Underrail beat AOD by two and a half votes in the Codex GOTY, STFU AOD sux"

"and also that new colony ship game coming out next thursday will also suck"

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. Jasede Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron Sad Loser

Jasede
    TBH this is far more useless than the last GOTY poll since 50% of the votes were trolling. Can we go back to the old format next year? I understand it's just for good fun, but still.

If we had used this format, Dork Souls would be a 0/5 last year because everyone rated it 1 without playing it because "lul weeb shit."

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    This whole silly story sounds like a great premise for a colony ship quest.

^ Top  
  8. Lurker King Self-Ejected The Real Fanboy

Self-Ejected
    Codexers should be allowed to vote only in one game in each category.

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Ziem Arbiter

Ziem
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  10. Yuri Gagarin Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    You just described the entirety of the Codex, not just UR fans.

^ Top  
  11. NullFlow Savant

NullFlow
    To the surprise of no one it's UR and AoD as the RPG Codex darlings that win top two GOTY spots. Somehow TW3 sneaks in 3rd even though this place seems to have a big love-hate relationship with it.

^ Top  
  12. janjetina Arcane Patron

janjetina
    Torment: Tides of Numenera
    Is the scale on the y-axis off? It seems as though the average rating of all the games is below 3, regardless if it refers to cumulative average or the group average(s) and that does not correspond to the results. What is the granularity (size of the group) on the x-axis? A month? A 1/4 of the year?

^ Top  
  13. Excidium II Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    Shhh. Itz a cunspiracy!!!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. MasterSmithFandango Arcane

MasterSmithFandango
    I actually really didn't like AoD that much. I was pretty public with that before there was any potential for a GotY match up.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Excidium II Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    AoD missed some 6 opportunities to be codex GOTY, fans have no right to be butthurt.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  16. Saduj Arcane

Saduj
    I would go with option to vote for a 1st (5 points), 2nd (3 points) and 3rd (1 point). Highest point total wins. Still open to abuse and skews towards games that are played the most. But you don't have the issue of people cancelling out their own vote by rating two games with the same score. Plus people would actually be voting for GOTY rather that rating games in a poll.

Edit - for the record, Underrail winning is fine with me

^ Top  
  17. Excidium II Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    Wasn't that how it was voted in the past? You had an amount of points and you had to distribute as you see fit among games.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    Now dude i dont want to derail your brofist harvesting rolll, but i' drather see that tag linked with stats of people posting the most on bethesda subforum instead. Linking those stats and what they really vote should be funny too.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. Goral Arcane Patron The Real Fanboy

Goral
    It's hilarious that a person who hasn't even played AoD besides the demo is one of the most vocal AoD haters. You're talking shit about Age of Decadence in every thread it's mentioned, even going as far as trying to discredit those who know this game like a back of their hand in the Steam reviews section :D. At least you had the decency to not rate it in the plebiscite. Play the game and then present arguments and criticize it. Then again FeelTheRads supposedly played it and he still can't even back his words up and present arguments why he thinks this game is shit (according to him) besides "it haz TELEPORTATION!!!!!!".

And as I've said before, if "all AoD and UR 1s were changed to 2s" AoD would have won (so yeah, 10 UR fanboys voting 1 for AoD and 5 and 4 for UR made a difference). AoD would also win if results were sorted by the % enjoyed tab, if only votes of monocled users were taken into account and if 1 votes were not taken into account.
    It also won in every other poll and that's because there was no ranking system there and no downvoting was possible.
    http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/goty-2015.107073/
    http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/goty-2015-monocle-edition.106917/
    http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...s-quick-and-brutal-2015-rpgoty-survey.105982/
    http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...oty-roleplaying-game-game-of-the-year.106067/

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. StaticSpine Arcane Patron

StaticSpine
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    So AoD didn't win in the end=|

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 9
    ^ Top  
  21. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    As a rabid AOD fan, I don't mind that UR won, UR is a wonderful game too.

Seems like some UR fans do get very emoshunal about it though

(It's OK Vault Dweller, try again in 2022)

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. a bear named spigot Arcane

a bear named spigot
    those are meaningless unofficial fan polls that hold about as much weight as the watch poll

this is the only poll that matters and it is clear that AoD is not as good as Underrail, I just don't understand why some AoD superfans can't realise this, they're really making themselves look silly

^ Top  
  23. Jasede Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron Sad Loser

Jasede
    This poll is also meaningless since it didn't use the tested and true point system that, for example, led to our "Best RPGs of all time" list, which was highly regarded on the internet from what I could read about it. This poll is complete garbage I'm afraid - even if I agree with most of the results. You cannot take a poll seriously where people distribute 1's and 5's willy nilly for games they have NEVER played, touched or heard about. How many do you think actually listened to 'only vote on games you played'? I promise you, it wasn't a lot.

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  24. Daedalos Arcane The Real Fanboy

Daedalos
    Quiet, faggot. Nobody cares about your faggames like Undertale.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.