Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Codex GOTY 2015 - Results

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
This isn't a rule, but the award often goes to the most recently released title.
Makes sense. Honey moon period hasn't worn off yet.

But it will.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
I never played Undertale and I gave it a 1.

4217dffaadece4d0cf5ee149fca0d940.jpg

Fairfax

Arcane

ArchAngel

Arcane
I never played Undertale and I gave it a 1.

4217dffaadece4d0cf5ee149fca0d940.jpg
Same here. But I gave it 15 minutes of watching a streamer play it from beginning. I am sure if I was playing from beginning I would also quit after those 15 minutes and give it a 1.
I lie, I would quit after 5 minutes.

naossano

Cipher
This isn't a rule, but the award often goes to the most recently released title.
Makes sense. Honey moon period hasn't worn off yet.

But it will.

Also, in case of the crowd voting, or the competition host attenting to grab the crowd as an audience, you are most likely to see rewarded the titles that the crowd actually remember. And the crowd rarelly have a long attention/memory span.

A way to tone this a bit would have to set a campaign in which you try to give all candidates a current and equal visibility, but it cost a lot of time/energy and additionnal regulations.

V_K

Arcane
The release date speculation could easily be turned the other way - the titles that released earlier have an advantage because more people had the chance to play them.
And anyway, even though UR was released mid-December, the poll was conducted mid-February. Two months is plenty of time for the initial hype do die down.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
DarkUnderlord , remember the day you spawned in shoutbox and forced me to sign a faustian and unfair pact with my own blood ? Betting all of my brofists , over the fact either Underrail or AOD would win the poll.So i bet and i was right, thus according your own terms i should have ten times more of them on my account !
Yes, yes you did. You have gained 1,512 brofists!

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
My brother made this graph correlating AoD & Underrail votes:

JIstuvJ.jpg

- 45% of those who gave 1/5 to AoD gave 5/5 to Underrail. It's a small group, but the reverse is almost non-existent.
- If a person never played one of these games, he likely also never played the other.
- However, those who enjoyed one game likely enjoyed the other.

Last edited:

Severian Silk

Could you translate the axis labels please? The chart is pretty but does not make sense.

Trashos

Arcane
Seconded. Felipepe, you have some serious skills with processing data, but you need a bit of work on explaining your graphs.

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Game rating correlated with post count. Underrail seems to take a big dip in the 3-11k post count with a surging up again with the Stygian newfriends.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
- 45% of those who gave 1/5 to AoD gave 5/5 to Underrail. It's a small group, but the reverse is almost non-existent.

This basically says enough about many Underrail fans on Codex (I'm not saying all of them though). A bunch of manchildren who want their favourite toy to be considered the best by everyone or else they will scream and cry.

I mean, seriously, this is fucking dumb. I can't imagine a single person that greatly enjoys one of these games and hates the other - they share too much, albeit play quite differently. I voted 4/5 for AoD (my highest vote btw) because it's a damn good game (but I couldn't give it 5/5, because I feel like it could do much better and I still enjoyed ie. DOS much more albeit its flaws), and I voted 3/5 for Underrail. Underrail fails for me as a fun game, but its combat is kind of similar to AoD, so if you enjoy combat in one game you will in the other, just like multiplicity of many skills is an integral part of both games. Underrail fails to keep me interested due to average dialogues and boring story, but for fuck's sake, it's not really very different, hence I can't see why would anyone have more than 2 points of difference between these games. It's just a bunch of faggots voting 5/5 for UR because ITS BEST and 1/5 for AoD because IT WILL WIN WITH UR SO I WILL SCREEEEEAM!!!

I don't know if in the end it had any meaningful input, but everyone who voted such should be Watchwitzed immediately. No exceptions. No mercy. No time limit. Just eternal Watchwitz.

EDIT:

Also, you should name them, felipepepe.

Last edited:

Dead Guy

Cipher
A grand total of 9 people who rated UR 5 also rated AoD 1. Out of about 200 people who voted UR 5/5. Percentages can be deceiving when you don't provide the total they're based on. I too find it hard to believe that someone who really liked either of these games would hate the other one that much, though.

They're already named here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom