Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex needs a more fitting logo

What is the best option regarding the symbol of RPGCodex

• 1) Juche Codex

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • 2) 1984 Codex

Votes: 21 30.4%
  • 3) Keep the current symbol

Votes: 29 42.0%
  • 4) Other (post a new suggestion or vote for a previously posted one)

Votes: 14 20.3%

• Total voters

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Dissapointed to be a Paragon choice. :(

A user named cat

But seriously, why would we want a logo which reminds us of a thing we hate?
Blame the felipepepe, all I did was redraw his logo because it was blurry.

If anyone wants to change it, Photoshop project file with layers is here

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Since the current one is based on text parsers, we should get on with the times and make one more relevant to current times:

t2e8lk8.png

The C looks too much like another O, though.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Since the current one is based on text parsers, we should get on with the times and make one more relevant to current times:

t2e8lk8.png

Ok I wouldn't want it as an actual logo, but this is so good it should appear somewhere. I propose putting it up when someone clicks on "register".

Also in the register page there should be a checkbox : [ ] I want to be a Dragon !
If the new member puts a tick in it, the register button should redirect him to rpgwatch.

Cassidy

Arcane
Moloch_of_Totalitarianism_Memorial%2C_Levashovo_Memorial_Cemetery%2C_St._Petersburg%2C_Russia.jpg

Originally I was thinking about transforming this into a stylized logo as it would be a perfect suggestion, but it would require too much effort and likely more skills than what I have. Just... I don't need to even hint anything, that monument and any symbol based on it speak for themselves.

PS:

"We Want to be a Dragon" sucks as a slogan, how about:

Decline is Incline
Linearity is Choice
Dumbfuck! is Strength

Last edited:

A user named cat

If you really want the dragon logo, at least use this. Redrawn with pen tool, not perfect but at least it isn't blurry.

tYZ0EkG.png

Piety

Shitpostin'
Codex 2012 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Torment: Tides of Numenera
If you look deep into your hearts, you'll remember that we've had a perfect alternate logo all along.
CJKq2cK.gif

Someone ban Phantasmal for brofist harvesting, I can't stop fisting his shit

What's the point of anything?
What can change the nature of a logo?

But seriously, why would we want a logo which reminds us of a thing we hate?

To fuel our hate even more, raising the pressure so we can become glittering gems of hatred.

Dissapointed to be a Paragon choice. :(

Actually paragon choices go into the upper line which kind of undermines the need for them to be color coded and oh shit I ruined the joke didn't I?

:negative:

-

My own 15 seconds, vodka fueled contribution

XThSmE.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom