Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Codexian Battletech Carnage, Volume 3

Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Round 14 Movement (jumping into the fray)

The brawl has begun. The Thunderbolt and Stalker both got into the cover of heavy woods, but despite the fast movement and the heavy cover their close proximity might still lead to some hits. The Guillotine on the other hand doesn't share Azira's enthusiasm and advances more slowly. While his distance should protect him from the Stalker and Thunderbolt suddenly the Archer has a clear shot at him.
Round14Movement.png

Thunderbolt (+3, jumped)
Archer (19 hexes) no LoS
Stalker (2 hexes) +3 (+1 intervening light woods, +2 target in heavy woods)
Dragon (2 hexes) +0 (+1 intervening light woods, +1 target prone and at range, +2 target in heavy woods, -4 target immobile) +7 (headshot)
Guillotine (7 hexes) +3 (+1 intervening light woods, +1 target movement, +1 partial cover)

Archer (+0, no movement)
Thunderbolt (19 hexes) no LoS
Stalker (18 hexes) +3 (+1 intervening light woods, +2 target in heavy woods)
Dragon (20 hexes) no LoS
Guillotine (12 hexes) +2 (+1 intervening light woods, +1 target movement)

Stalker (+1, walked)
Thunderbolt (2 hexes) +5 (+1 intervening light woods, +1 target movement, +1 target jumped, +2 target in heavy woods)
Archer (18 hexes) +3 (+1 intervening light woods, +2 target in heavy woods)
Dragon (2 hexes) +0 (+1 intervening light woods, +1 target prone and at range, +2 target in heavy woods, -4 target immobile) +7 (headshot)
Guillotine (6 hexes) +4 (+2 intervening light woods, +1 target movement, +1 partial cover)

Dragon (unconscious)
Thunderbolt (2 hexes) impossible
Archer (20 hexes) impossible
Stalker (2 hexes) impossible
Guillotine (8 hexes) impossible

Guillotine (+2, ran)
Thunderbolt (7 hexes) +5 (+1 intervening light woods, +1 target movement, +1 target jumped, +2 target in heavy woods
Archer (12 hexes) out of range
Stalker (6 hexes) +4 (+2 intervening light woods, +2 target in heavy woods)
Dragon (8 hexes) no LoS

tindrli

Arcane
Dragon (unconscious)
Archer (20 hexes) impossible
Guillotine (8 hexes) impossible
ODRERS NOT SENT!!!!!

Round 14 Fire (still better than Mechwarrior Tactics)

Deuce must really hate the Stalker, ignoring 8+ odds and going for the Stalker instead of the Guillotine. Which lead to him missing every shot, just like his fellow Mechwarriors. tindrli wakes up just in time to laugh at this display of incompetence.

Weapons fire for Archer ARC-2S (Deuce)
LRM 15 at Stalker STK-4P (rashiakas); needs 11, rolls 9 : misses.

LRM 15 at Stalker STK-4P (rashiakas); needs 11, rolls 10 : misses.

Weapons fire for Stalker STK-4P (rashiakas)
Large Laser at Thunderbolt TDR-5SE (Azira); needs 10, rolls 7 : misses.

Large Laser at Thunderbolt TDR-5SE (Azira); needs 10, rolls 7 : misses.

SRM 6 at Thunderbolt TDR-5SE (Azira); needs 10, rolls 3 : misses.

SRM 6 at Thunderbolt TDR-5SE (Azira); needs 10, rolls 4 : misses.

Weapons fire for Thunderbolt TDR-5SE (Azira)
Medium Laser at Stalker STK-4P (rashiakas); needs 10, rolls 7 : misses.

Medium Laser at Stalker STK-4P (rashiakas); needs 10, rolls 6 : misses.

Medium Laser at Stalker STK-4P (rashiakas); needs 10, rolls 6 : misses.

Weapons fire for Guillotine GLT-4P (eklektyk)
Medium Laser at Stalker STK-4P (rashiakas); needs 12, rolls 8 : misses.

Medium Laser at Stalker STK-4P (rashiakas); needs 12, rolls 8 : misses.

Medium Laser at Stalker STK-4P (rashiakas); needs 12, rolls 11 : misses.

SRM 6 at Stalker STK-4P (rashiakas); needs 12, rolls 8 : misses.

Looks like the Stalker will not be going far next round, as his increased heat levels cripple his movement to 2/4.

Thunderbolt TDR-5SE (Azira) gains 13 heat, sinks 13 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Archer ARC-2S (Deuce) gains 10 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Stalker STK-4P (rashiakas) gains 25 heat, sinks 20 heat and is now at 6 heat.
Dragon DRG-1S-UK (tindrli) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Guillotine GLT-4P (eklektyk) gains 15 heat, sinks 15 heat and is now at 0 heat.

And the highlight of the round:

Pilot of Dragon DRG-1S-UK (tindrli) "tindrli" needs a 10 to wake up. Rolls 10 : successful!

tindrli

Arcane
:troll: 'SUP BROS!!!!!
Cheking weapons systems:
Medium Laser [LA] ONLINE
PPC [RA] 10 Destroyed
SRM 6 [LT] ONLINE
Medium Laser [RT] Destroyed
Medium Laser [RT] Destroyed

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You still have one arm, yes? Then you can not move to another hex, but you should be able to turn one heading, and "prop yourself up" so you can shoot with any chest mounted weapons, IIRC?

tindrli

Arcane
You still have one arm, yes? Then you can not move to another hex, but you should be able to turn one heading, and "prop yourself up" so you can shoot with any chest mounted weapons, IIRC?

we shall see, hell i can even pick up a tree with that arm and raise chances for getting up.. i wonder if thats possible.. im in dense forest so there must be trees in a range

Standard rules don't allow propping yourself up if you miss an arm. I think the same thing happened in the very first of CGR's games with the Rifleman. You have to enable it in the 'Advanced combat' tab, which apparently I didn't do. It is a stupid rule though and should I host another game I will definitely enable it along with starting fires and floating crits.

Round 15 Movement (surprise buttsex?)

As the increasing heat gave him very limited options where to move, the Stalker just remains in place, exactly like the Thunderbolt and Guillotine were hoping. They have not much to fear from the Stalker for the moment. The Archer also gets a little closer, the odds to hit mechs moving through the woods at long range were getting too slim.
Round15Movement.png

I turned the Dragon around to hopefully grant him a glimpse of the action, he can't do harm to anyone but himself anymore.

Thunderbolt (+3, jumped)
Archer (15 hexes) no LoS
Stalker (2 hexes) +3 (+1 intervening light woods, +2 target in heavy woods)
Dragon (2 hexes) +5 (+2 intervening heavy woods, +1 target prone and at range, +2 target in heavy woods)
Guillotine (3 hexes) +4 (+1 intervening light woods, +1 target movement, +1 target jumped, +1 target in light woods)

Archer (+2, ran)
Thunderbolt (15 hexes) no LoS
Stalker (14 hexes) no LoS
Dragon (16 hexes) no LoS
Guillotine (12 hexes) +3 (+1 target movement, +1 target jumped, +1 target in light woods)

Stalker (+0, no movement)
Thunderbolt (2 hexes) not in arc
Archer (14 hexes) no LoS
Dragon (2 hexes) +4 (+1 intervening light woods, +1 target prone and at range, +2 target in heavy woods)
Guillotine (4 hexes) only in arc of LRM +5 (+2 intervening light woods, +1 target movement, +1 target jumped, +1 target in light woods)

Dragon (+1, walked)
Archer (16 hexes) impossible
Guillotine (5 hexes) impossible

Guillotine (+3, jumped)
Thunderbolt (3 hexes) +4 (+1 intervening light woods, +1 target movement, +1 target jumped, +1 target in light woods)
Archer (12 hexes) out of range
Stalker (4 hexes) +4 (+2 intervening light woods, +2 target in heavy woods)
Dragon (5 hexes) +5 (+2 intervening light woods, +1 target prone and at range, +2 target in heavy woods)

tindrli

Arcane
well, another hour of enjoying the view of the dense forest!!!

BTW before i die i have a last wish. can anyone close enough so i can try to hit him with that oak tree??

one more thing, Stalker, bro, start praying!!! ( ensure that those prayers are ones that are expensive co...z god damn!!!)

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
well if I die it's all good little toastboys fault, he executed my orders wrong :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom