Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Codexian Game Development Thread

PrettyDeadman

YRIBHeq.png

Citizen

A touching and inspirational tribute to the most influential codexian 3d artist

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
MetaHuman Creator

This uses premade base assets and interpolates/blends them, so someone needs to make those :-P.

In reality it isn't really much more advanced than what you'd see in Oblivion (as Citizen mentioned), the main benefit is higher fidelity base assets and a better UI for adjusting the individual areas (ie. dragging stuff directly in the 3D window instead of adjusting sliders). Back in the midlate 2000s or so i worked at a company where we (well, the artists mainly) demoed the tech Oblivion used and were able to create some fantastic results.

(well MetaHuman also seems to have better animation but this is another topic :-P)

Codex Year of the Donut
This uses premade base assets and interpolates/blends them, so someone needs to make those :-P.

In reality it isn't really much more advanced than what you'd see in Oblivion
So it's essentially just using blendshapes then?
Tech companies do enjoy recycling old tech and making it appear like they made something amazingly new.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So it's essentially just using blendshapes then?

Well, blendshapes on steroids with manual control (and material blending too) :-P

TBH the tool is new and it does look like it does things better than previous tech (especially on UX), it is just more evolutionary than revolutionary.

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Looks good. But just an observation: I think you left smooth edges on the statue's base. That's why you have those diagonal shadows on what appear to be flat surfaces. In Blender you would want to mark the edges as sharp to get rid of that.

cw8

Cipher
Looks good. But just an observation: I think you left smooth edges on the statue's base. That's why you have those diagonal shadows on what appear to be flat surfaces. In Blender you would want to mark the edges as sharp to get rid of that.

Oic thanks for the tip! This was back in 2015. Didn't use Blender back then, I used a very old version of Cinema 4D.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom