Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Colony Ship Combat Beta Thread

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Took a few tries to beat Hard Ben (ended up going for shotgun+knife+smoke grenade), have had to use a different tactic to win every fight so far.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
It has been released.

Cg3jaFA.jpg

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Prt Sc doesn't work - at least in main menu's option screen.
How can I make screenshot?

Edit: Doesn't work in Fullscreen but do work in Borderless Window.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
If you have a companion, whenever you try to compare item stats in the inventory, it only compares to the player character's items. Having the companion selected doesn't allow you to easily compare his items.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Prt Sc doesn't work - at least in main menu's option screen.
How can I make screenshot?

Edit: Doesn't work in Fullscreen but do work in Borderless Window.
You should be able to copy-paste Prt Sc'ed screens into any image editor (such as MS Paint, for example).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Kind of a basic thing - when mousing over a character, shouldn't you see the same details for that character that you see when you're holding the TAB key?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I guess this is the thread for bug reports, then.

Vault Dweller when you throw a gas grenade and a smoke grenade at the same location, the gas and smoke will fight with each other and look really weird visually.

When I open the inventory and switch between characters, my girl's hair loses its color and appears untextured whenever I switch from her to another party member and back again. The texture comes back when I change her equipment.

When my inventory is very full and I keep looting, items somewhat overlap in the inventory screen. Looks weird.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So I got to the point of that guy who makes poisonous beer or something like that. He is accompanied by two thugs.

So far my impression, technically:
1. Unless you are doing something with the darkness, bright the screen up VD. Like the default brightness is too low and I have to increase the gamma and brightness in-game and on my monitor to see stuff.
2. Game runs smoother than AoD which is good.
3. I am not sure if people share this opinion but can you make the attack type selection to be always visible instead of visible only when we hover on that general area? I know it sounds dumb but sometimes I kinda forgot that it's there.
4. Make auto-end turn when 0 AP optional. I've just played for 2 hours but I got muscle memory to press space when there is leftover AP.. which causes me to always do that. Several times I reflexively pressed space just to skip my next character turn.
5. Got one bug where the grenade throwing line is kept in the game after the grenade is thrown. It persists even after loading. Only when the same actor is throwing another grenade did the green line is removed.

For the combat:

My build is 4 STR, 6 CON, 5 DEX, 10 PER, 6 INT, 9 CHA. United we stand after all.

I picked Pistol. Critical, and Evasion as first skills with 3 of them also Tagged. I picked fuckin Captain as my first feat which is useless because I don't think you will get a companion until after the 3rd fight. But as Atheistic Progressive Liberal Xenophilic Commissar I, of course, trudged on.

Status and skill-wise I somehow feel that even with 10 PER, Pistolero feat, and 3 skill point in Pistol, most of the time I just don't hit shit. At most I got 60is% accuracy even when aiming at the effective range. I am not sure what I am doing wrong because it feels the enemies are hitting way too much even though I have 3 evasion and Artful Dodger feat. Meanwhile, I can't hit shit like I got cataract or something even though I try to shoot from the location with few covers towards the enemy. This in turn making investing in tagging critical a waste. You can't hit shit you can't crit shit after all.

Meanwhile, Captain feat is paying dividends simply by letting my companion be able to actually hit stuff decently instead of missing 2 out of 3 times.

Oh low CON hurts. With only 30 HP some enemies can shave nearly 20 HP just by shooting energy weapons.

Encounters wise, it is fun so far. I like how limited and impactful consumables are in the game. The first 3 fights my Commissar with cataract that can't shoot to save himself only get through just because of decent use of Gas Granade and Smoke Granade. Other encounter Flashbangs are also MVP. I was actually in panic when I realize that I can no longer buy the Gas Granade. Good stuff, I think consumables should always be limited and impactful like this.

All in all I am impressed so far. Defintely looking forward for EA later this year after I am finished with this demo. Maybe will try another build not covered by my current playthrough and the companions.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Screens for illustration:

LizBR0W.jpg

The white and green clouds keep flickering between each other. Looks glitchy as fuck.

Haircolor normal:
axXsn1c.jpg

Haircolor glitched:
EbnA3hv.jpg

If I get the issue with the overlapping inventory items I'll screenshot that too, but auto-sorting has fixed it

Shadenuat

Arcane
Status and skill-wise I somehow feel that even with 10 PER, Pistolero feat, and 3 skill point in Pistol, most of the time I just don't hit shit
10 dex + ap at 1st turn I just left clicked things until 4th fight, died 4 times before realised you get a companion :M

Dumped 1 shot rifle into vendor trash (if u at least could fire into melee with it not only snapshots be ok, but 1 shot and snaponly in melee is too much for these 1-shot weapons). imo melee/shotguns and lots of ap are the way to go.

If I just change grafix like "effect quality" whole darkness shader instantly turns off and game looks a lot more like AoD colorwise

eREGw6F.png

Last edited:

Vault Dweller

Developer
1. Unless you are doing something with the darkness, bright the screen up VD. Like the default brightness is too low and I have to increase the gamma and brightness in-game and on my monitor to see stuff.
Are you playing with character outlines or not?

Status and skill-wise I somehow feel that even with 10 PER, Pistolero feat, and 3 skill point in Pistol, most of the time I just don't hit shit. At most I got 60is% accuracy even when aiming at the effective range. I am not sure what I am doing wrong because it feels the enemies are hitting way too much even though I have 3 evasion and Artful Dodger feat. Meanwhile, I can't hit shit like I got cataract or something even though I try to shoot from the location with few covers towards the enemy. This in turn making investing in tagging critical a waste. You can't hit shit you can't crit shit after all.
Which pistol? Attack type? Aiming increases THC, so if it's low use aimed: center mass shots. Get a better pistol (you can buy one from the store).

Screens for illustration:

LizBR0W.jpg

The white and green clouds keep flickering between each other. Looks glitchy as fuck.
We didn't have time to work on such things yet, but it's next on the list including the equipment color on the paper doll. The hair does look god-fucking-awful, I wanted to remove it but forgot. It's an early "test" hair, we have a new artist working on the hair models but the progress is slow.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I wanted to stay away from this until it's ready and released, but of course once I saw that a playable demo is available I couldn't help myself.

At the third screen where you start deciding your character's views on the world it was evident that this game has better writing and story than, well, I won't name names. It's just astonishing how Iron Tower achieve this quality, I guess their squad of purple-haired "narrative designers" must be superb, compared to other companies'.

With a character that seemed to be spread a little too thin, I was able to win the first couple of fights, but I'll return to it this evening. It's really polished, but with enough time I'm sure I'll learn the systems well enough in order to be able to give some advice.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
So...

Feedback.

When choosing Heroic feat for 10 Int which gives feats more often it's not clear what is usual feat gain rate - make it сlear somewhere?

On my notebook with resolution 1920x1080 text size is TOO small, especially player's lines, please allow us to make it 2-3 times bigger.
When you have miopia for long, anything that makes your eyes hurt quickly becomes not-an-anything - game becomes not-a-game and get status "later when I get robotic eyes".

The sequence "character creation screen--->begining story options" feels a BIT anticlimatic, you know, you just created your character and like "my-body-is-ready!" and then you read all these (important but nontheless) things when you want to see some action already.
Maybe it would be better to put beginning story and player's options first, and only then put character creation?

Description of "lightly adjusted" in Gameplay Options has unclosed bracket.

Also, since it's Steam, F12 works everywhere.

My F12 for steam doesn't work somehow for looooooong time.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wonder if it would be possible to let you manually allocate your initial beliefs instead of doing the quiz. Skipping it just makes you True Neutral.

Shadenuat

Arcane
i am not sure about combat for now. maybe it's just the small arena, but when inside small arena you barely hit from one side to another with a rifle with THC about same as when you make sniper shot from roof across whole level in JA, xcom, silent storm or even fallout tactics it doesn't feel right. with max ap you can potentially get you can reach ranged and flurry them which feels strange. DR and skill disrepancy lead to funny scenarios of Billy standing in front of rifleman with a knife, and they both can't do anything to each other because they graze for 3 damage, while I spend 3 turns until i finish said enemy with a rifle shot. but then I guess your skill grows and you don't need to move as much, unlike aod? THC play is potentially interesting but X com did more than just THC play.

it's not bad or anything, just doesn't simulate an encounter with ranged weapons as I would imagine it. perhaps if I would need to take down 20 guys on big level and not 16x24 arena it would feel different.

I also wish energy shields and implants used batteries or something, and kevlar vests you had to change degraded plates in them or something, to add some resource management to the whole thing. maybe stamina and morale for companions. also some extra ui work for maim/cripple/disoriented, for now you can see the -X penalty but what it is u see only in combat log.

Last edited:

Vault Dweller

Developer
The sequence "character creation screen--->begining story options" feels a BIT anticlimatic, you know, you just created your character and like "my-body-is-ready!" and then you read all these (important but nontheless) things when you want to see some action already. Maybe it would be better to put beginning story and player's options first, and only then put character creation?
You can skip 'em. The purpose is to introduce the setting to avoid the player wondering what the hell is going on and the character asking dumb questions. Your character (and you) should know what anyone born on the Ship should know. The rest you will discover in-game.

I wonder if it would be possible to let you manually allocate your initial beliefs instead of doing the quiz. Skipping it just makes you True Neutral.
I'd say it means you kept your mouth shut so nobody knows what you really think.

i am not sure about combat for now. maybe it's just the small arena, but when inside small arena you barely hit from one side to another with a rifle with THC about same as when you make sniper shot from roof across whole level in JA, xcom, silent storm or even fallout tactics it doesn't feel right. with max ap you can potentially get you can reach ranged and flurry them which feels strange.

In later levels you will hit far more constantly, especially if enemies are not in cover.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom