Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Colony Ship Combat Beta Thread

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Melee characters can get huge wins with reaction - e.g. smoke grenade and then end your turn standing next to 3 people, and they will get fucked with your sledgehammer just trying to leave. Or they have to take out their shitty knife and go at it, but then they'll miss and invite a reaction anyway.

The problem I am thinking now is the fact that Smoke Granade is pretty limited. I can imagine fights like the one with uuh mother and her 2 sons, or the one where you are fighting versus 5 people (the boss with the shotgun who came from the Factory) will be a bitch to play with without smoke grenade.

I guess you can take respirator, lob gas grenades to cripple the opposition, and flashbang + stimpack (as your status are high enough to take the status hits) as an alternative solution. I guess I can see soloing combat will be viable with liberal use of consumables.

Deleted Member 22431

Is the meat of the demo just the arena fights?

I was doing fine with my lone wolf character until the factory people murdered my ass. Three against one, with a fucking special energy shield. That ain't right.

Can you make companions on your character screen?

I'm missing the sounds of running, choosing things, etc.

The death animations look too slow.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Lonewolf and Evasion seem to be to weak (or SMGs are weak). My maxed evasion SMG gunner cant win against trio with Solomon Clayton
5-burst is ok if you flashbang them. but yeah -50 acc on burst is I mean, might just fix baynette at that point. because of -acc you just graze them pointblank and they have armor, so meh.

so far to me seems stacking ap/ini (first draw) and evasion, allowing yourself to run from 1 side of map to another and then trollreaction shot enemies or meleereaction them seems like op/lone wolf stuff.

I use machete and sniper rifle. incredibly odd combo but since AI likes to run away whole map from you behind METAL BOX, killing 2 enemies with a knife until GITS shield runs out and then sitting on their bodies shooting sniper rifle works alright.
6 6 10 8 6 4 first draw charger second wind fast runner tough bastard

ps pls add enemy protection against blind/gas into ui/on press ALT
with draqness I can't even see what they wear anyway

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I want to ask - why Ship is she? Is it English language thing?

Also - does game utilize mousewheel? As mine doesn't work, and I found one area where I can only see legs lol, and some kind of bar counter wit mugs on it.

Tigranes

Arcane
Melee characters can get huge wins with reaction - e.g. smoke grenade and then end your turn standing next to 3 people, and they will get fucked with your sledgehammer just trying to leave. Or they have to take out their shitty knife and go at it, but then they'll miss and invite a reaction anyway.

The problem I am thinking now is the fact that Smoke Granade is pretty limited. I can imagine fights like the one with uuh mother and her 2 sons, or the one where you are fighting versus 5 people (the boss with the shotgun who came from the Factory) will be a bitch to play with without smoke grenade.

I guess you can take respirator, lob gas grenades to cripple the opposition, and flashbang + stimpack (as your status are high enough to take the status hits) as an alternative solution. I guess I can see soloing combat will be viable with liberal use of consumables.

Melee Lone Wolf was my favourite build type for the combat beta. I did it before grenades were buffed & stimpacks introduced in the combat beta, so it's not an unviable option supported on crutches.

The key is that charging into open space to get to the fuckers can actually be a position of strength for the meleeman as well as a risk. And being exposed on a flank is not necessarily a death sentence depending on what you are doing.

At least in the combat beta/demo scenario, you have shields available to you after the first few battles, so you have time to take out the high threat targets.

Tigranes

Arcane
you can only suffer reactions once per movement

I remember getting reactions twice per movement, it's rare but it happens, although second attack needs to be coming from different enemy than the first.

Yes. I meant per enemy. So a reaction roll is made every tile that you move, but Jose can only shoot you once. It might be that all of them are good enough at reactions to shoot you as you move - but a well built character will usually have good enough evasion or whatever so that ultimately you're not taking 50 damage just moving 3 squares.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Lonewolf and Evasion seem to be to weak (or SMGs are weak). My maxed evasion SMG gunner cant win against trio with Solomon Clayton
5-burst is ok if you flashbang them. but yeah -50 acc on burst is I mean, might just fix baynette at that point. because of -acc you just graze them pointblank and they have armor, so meh.
SMGs are very powerful (many testers felt it's the best weapon class) but if you want to use long bursts you better have enough STR to get Controlled Burst feat, otherwise stick with short bursts.

I want to ask - why Ship is she? Is it English language thing?
Yes.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Is it me or the implants don't work yet ?

The doc says you just have to equip them for now but the reflex implant doesn't work.
On the other hand, there isn't any reflex implant slot either ...

Also, i picked the merchant perk, i guess it's not implemented yet either (special deals) ?

Reached the 5th battle but i guess i'm going to restart again.
Also, Rick Billy died and as a punishment, got a better merc with a good blunt build.
I don't like that permadeath thing like in Dungeon Rats, you just reload anyway, would be much better if they had a temporary wound (debuf) for 1/2 battles.

Last edited:

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The first battle that gave me a pause was that brotherhood guy armed with an energy pistol and accompanied by 2 defenders.
The bastard could kill my 5Con/25HP character with 2 shots despite me hiding behind a crate with distortion shield up.

I had to reload several times before finding a working solution.
After the battle Chief Justice said something about me getting a full party now, but no one else joined.

BTW, do I understand it right, that in this combat demo there's no reason to invest points in non combat trees like science/speech/stealth?

jackofshadows

Magister
3Emvage.png

Finished. It was much harder than in early builds, Big Jim died after 6-7 tries at least and buying Long John for Billy.

Some screens and few bug reports below
Kgw6vdV.png

Unfortunately I forgot to capture screens after the last battle, so this is right before.
vFYB8Q5.png

wTX01fu.png

Jim
9KkhQPU.png

Piece of cake, dunno why steam users are complaining.
l6jp5fW.png

5 bonus from googles does not appear?
6T0Ud6W.png

Either tooltip about crit perk is wrong or crit value itself
tG1N9v4.png

I bought dex implant from med girl but could not choose to install (+1 dex -3 hp regen)
Lkqyp8l.png

Why blocked? Billy almost next to him.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Is it me or the implants don't work yet ? The doc says you just have to equip them for now but the reflex implant doesn't work.
Click on the medical machine outside the store. The doc says you can loot them like regular items for now (in the game you'll have to use your Biotech skill to cut them out).

I don't like that permadeath thing like in Dungeon Rats, you just reload anyway...
Or learn to accept that you can lose a few companions along the way.

After the battle Chief Justice said something about me getting a full party now, but no one else joined.
Can you handle more people? i.e. is your Charisma high enough?

BTW, do I understand it right, that in this combat demo there's no reason to invest points in non combat trees like science/speech/stealth?
Correct. We're only testing the combat system now.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Click on the medical machine outside the store
at least highlight things like that on TAB :dealwithit:

SMGs are very powerful (many testers felt it's the best weapon class) but if you want to use long bursts you better have enough STR to get Controlled Burst feat, otherwise stick with short bursts.
enemy ability to absorb damage progresses tho so poor NPC with all the perks couldn't do jack shit against clereks

clereks also began combat with part of their health gone, is that stims or something?

Tigranes

Arcane
Implants is right now clunky & unintuitive because it's different from how it will actually work. The doctor makes you think that's how you do it, so you never notice the vending machine.

Actual process: kill people -> use biotech to scan & extract that sweet laser eye you noticed on this bitch -> succeed/fail -> bring back your bloody eye to town -> use vending machine to stick in yourself

Vault Dweller

Developer
l6jp5fW.png

5 bonus from googles does not appear?
We didn't add a line for the headgear.

6T0Ud6W.png

Either tooltip about crit perk is wrong or crit value itself
Why? Maybe I'm tired but I don't see the error.

tG1N9v4.png

I bought dex implant from med girl but could not choose to install (+1 dex -3 hp regen)
Pretty sure that's an upgrade not the base implant.

Why blocked? Billy almost next to him.
We'll look into it.

Deleted Member 22431

The first battle that gave me a pause was that brotherhood guy armed with an energy pistol and accompanied by 2 defenders.
The bastard could kill my 5Con/25HP character with 2 shots despite me hiding behind a crate with distortion shield up.
He seems though until you feed him with your shotgun. Glorious double shots master race.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Current stats (per Steam) : 592 842 downloads, median time played: 2 hours 54 min

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom