Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Colony Ship Combat Beta Thread

jackofshadows

Magister
It should add to it. Your skill level is 3 so you get the bonus of 3% to your CS chance and the bonus of 0.02 x 3 to your 1.25x damage modifier, so it becomes 1.31. Unless I'm missing something.
No-no, it's me who tired, I mixed up crit chance with crit damage.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
After going through the intro questions and chatting to people around the "town", I can tell this game is going to be great. Two thumbs up for the writing, lore, and general feel of the game.

That said, my 10 int build died immediately, so the combat still has some bugs.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Wow, restarted with a very specialized SMG build, everything just seem to die from (un)natural causes around him.
The only drawback so far is he can't train his armor/evade skills ... :argh:

Possible bug :
- Energy shields seems to duplicate when you change 2 modules at once (mk II modules from the eastern merchant)

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Wow, restarted with a very specialized SMG build, everything just seem to die from (un)natural causes around him.
The only drawback so far is he can't train his armor/evade skills ... :argh:
The best defense is good offense, is it not?

In the game you'll be able to increase your skills with special machines (posted in one of the earlier updates) and trainers (the way it worked in AoD), so you'll have some flexibility there.

Shadenuat

Arcane
ima not going to kill bro muties :rpgcodex: and I wasted stasis grenade on sam fisher anyway.

game too easy nerf leg shot :troll:

I wish perks were a bit else than just ++raw power, some synergy with teammates would be nice.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
That said, my 10 int build died immediately, so the combat still has some bugs.

I already thinking how it will be in released game - 10 Int with Educated feat haha glorious 30% learning rate increase - if you can survive beginning of course! :lol:

Last edited:

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Are there quests outside the court? I got one with no warning from Faythe saying Earl would set up a meeting with Foley but when I talk to Earl nothing happens.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Also - why when enemy is close to character, pistols showing "out of range"? Is it mechanics, like in AoD with crossbows?
It should be mentioned somewhere!

My 4 Con guy died to last of presumably Factory men, the one with 25 hp, who critted for like more than 20 damage (if I'm not mistaken) from the other side of arena while I was behind crates (half cover or something) didn't use energy shield though...

Looks like 4 Con solo will get really hard times.

Tigranes

Arcane
Also - why when enemy is close to character, pistols showing "out of range"? Is it mechanics, like in AoD with crossbows?

My 4 Con guy died to last of presumably Factory men, the one with 25 hp, who critted for like more than 20 damage (if I'm not mistaken) from the other side of arena while I was behind crates (half cover or something) didn't use energy shield though...

Looks like 4 Con solo will get really hard times.

If you mean enemy is standing right next to you, then most (all?) guns are limited to Snap Shots, the attack action which represents you getting quick shots off while dude is literally in your face.

Minimum CON solos are possible but the game does a good job of making pure HP pool matter and making you really miss that 5 extra. That said, DEX/PER were king stats for most beta iterations.

thesecret1

Arcane
So far I like what I see, but I can tell that the game's still in need of some serious polish. Here's a small list of issues I've encountered:
-if I right click on an enemy character, the one thing I do not expect to happen is to start moving to the tile behind him
-I'd like to have information on what effects a grenade I throw will have upon hovering on it during combat (so that I don't need to enter inventory)
-please, autoreload on combat end, because I keep forgetting to do so and enter next combat with my gun empty
-there is no indication that anything will happen if I click on the grates in the arena. Put a highlight there or something - if a thing is not highlighted, I assume it is not interactable. No, highlighting the cursor is not enough, it's barely noticeable since it's already pretty light by default.
-add in some tooltip about what character level does, it is not immediately clear for a first time user
-I cannot talk to the companion when he is close to me, I can only switch places with him. I need to outrun him and quickly click on him to start the dialogue
-if I or my companion have something that costs 0 actions points (like moving), do not automatically end my turn when I reach 0AP
-when selling a gun with ammo in it, include the ammo in the price
-when comparing items, then switching to another character, and comparing again, the item will keep comparing to the previous character. I need to move the item to "refresh" it
-I really appreciated each and every skill having a unique description for each of its levels in AoD. Here, the descriptors for the levels are the same for each and every skill. Please, consider returning to the AoD model
-spent oh so long trying to install the bionic eye implant. First I thought I gotta chat up the doc, but she had no dialogue for it. Then I thought I could equip it inventory (as you can right click it and press "equip"), but the option did nothing. Then it finally dawned on me that it's yet another case of an interactable object not being highlighted. Seriously, highlight interactable shit.
-scav helmet has better stats than bucket helmet, but lower price. Why?
-scrapper coat and gunslinger jacket have identical stats, except price. Why?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Minimum CON solos are possible but the game does a good job of making pure HP pool matter and making you really miss that 5 extra. That said, DEX/PER were king stats for most beta iterations.

Yeah, my is 10 Dex-Per and rest dumped in Int.
Also, Tough Bastard looks like kind of feat that fit that build.

jackofshadows

Magister
most (all?) guns are limited to Snap Shots, the attack action which represents you getting quick shots off while dude is literally in your face.
Except shotguns (any attack possible point blank with them in the current build) and maybe SMGs also, haven't check yet.

Shadenuat

Arcane
SMG can burst into melee.

but from my first impressions, actual melee is better for melee and is just very good. why? action economy. you only need so much AP (and you will have high initiative) to reach the enemy, and melee attacks are cheap and no reloads. and smoke is your friend, not enemy. reliable. neanderthal. machete.

you don't even need that much str, glancing over what str gives you I see potential issue as in fallout - extra 3-6 damage which can be traded for more ini/ap/accuracy/crit/maybe companions.

this is something that ATOM did right - there STR for melee acts as multiplicator, not an additive.

does armor skill/ability ever reduce AP penalty from it? or is it just the feat?

I take it there is no str requirement for any weapons? because that just seem to skew system into minmaxing even more. fallout at least made u have str 6 to use best rifles etc

still I think this has more potential than AOD; CSG doesn't look as one-sided as "max block/dodge roll over everything". I feel tho limiting party members to CHA so strictly will limit the game and player ability to have your bois vs enemy bois fun. i was hoping for a bigger party at default and at max cap too.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
Yep. High DEX Blunt Weapon Man w/ reactions and prone is King.

Also people EVASION AND ARMOUR ARE NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE IN CSG FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MIX BOTH APPROPRIATELY

jackofshadows

Magister
-please, autoreload on combat end, because I keep forgetting to do so and enter next combat with my gun empty
Nah, fuck that. Remember, this is combat demo, would you really like if the actual game do that for you? Managing this simple thing in classic Fallouts was somewhat satisfying.
-if I or my companion have something that costs 0 actions points (like moving), do not automatically end my turn when I reach 0AP
Yeah, double this. With feat "charger" it quite possible to fuck up movement at the end of turn.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
When fighting with Factory people, the guy with 25 hp is behind the crate.
If aim at him with leg or arm shot, those somehow have 10% THC less then with torso shot while THC modifiers are the same there (bull dog pistol).
So, what's the case here, does anyone know?

Shadenuat

Arcane
torso shots have inbuilt +accuracy or do they

I wish UI was a bit more obvious about things that matter like this, like AP costs having larger fonts n stuff

oh right. opening menu music is badass.

Last edited:

jackofshadows

Magister
If aim at him with leg or arm shot, those somehow have 10% THC less then with torso shot while THC modifiers are the same there (bull dog pistol).
Well, because he is (and his legs especially), you know, behind the crate :D Ever played JA2?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Are there quests outside the court? I got one with no warning from Faythe saying Earl would set up a meeting with Foley but when I talk to Earl nothing happens.
We started implementing quests for the Pit but didn't remove the dialogue intros to give people an idea of what to expect.

In the textbox.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Game breaking shit:
If you F5 during battle, you'll start at the same spot outside of battle mode on reload. Easily cheesable if your dex is high enough to go first always. Shoot people, save before passing your turn, reload, place yourself wherever you want, start combat again.

Sometimes if you pass your turn while crouching on the northernmost side of the yellow container in the middle (the one that's rather horizontally placed (sorry, forgot to prtscr)), you get stuck there and can't move away, even after combat's ended.

Ballinse?:
Aimed shots to there legs feel a bit OP

Requests:
Last combat autosave
UI scaling options
Combat speed
Is there some button I can press to cycle thru my party during the positioning stage?

Shit comments nobody asked for:
Menu typeface is awful, please consider replacing it somewhere down the line.

Last edited:

Jrpgfan

Erudite
There's something wrong with either the Long John Rifle or Old Betsy. I can't get a single crit with the Long John Rifle while I had crits all the time with Old Betsy using Bullseye. Either I'm getting very unlucky since I got the former or there's something wrong indeed.

Did a test against Big Jim in the arena reloading the same fight with both rifles over and over again before coming here.

Edit. Fucking Finally got a crit. I guess I was just unlucky? It was weird it took that long though.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
-I cannot talk to the companion when he is close to me, I can only switch places with him. I need to outrun him and quickly click on him to start the dialogue

You are not supposed to talk with them when they are party member currently.

Cover bonus is double for legs and arms shots.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
We started implementing quests for the Pit but didn't remove the dialogue intros to give people an idea of what to expect.

In the textbox.

I asked because all the quests but that one I mentioned had a warning saying it wasn't in the demo. Thanks for the clarification.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom