Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Colony Ship RELEASE THREAD

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Concerning the map, i think it was a wasted opportunity to not add some unique art, like those old starship cross sections to the fast travel system. They could work as well to an level map, make a cross section of the level.

iAx8xML.jpeg

cD5KYsT.jpeg

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Concerning the map, i think it was a wasted opportunity to not add some unique art, like those old starship cross sections to the fast travel system. They could work as well to an level map, make a cross section of the level.
Easier said than done. We commissioned 3 different artists, none of them could do it and we couldn't turn it into a major project.

Anyway, thank you for the great reception and support, guys. It means a lot to us all.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
I'm mystified that the Codex has had a major hard-on for this game as the 2nd coming of C&C RPGs and on release day there is a meager 5 page thread of pretty lukewarm posts. Compare that to BG3 which is supposedly the worst RPG of all time and I could barely read the 25+ pages that had accumulated on release day.

Prestigious Posers are Prestigious. At the end of the day, your average 'Dexer wants to fuck frog girls, Sharess waifus, and maybe bears. Let's just stop pretending there is some higher standard here. The numbers of posts between the 2 games release day threads says it all, doesn't it?
Bla bla bla nigger.

Alter Sack

Magister
Easier said than done. We commissioned 3 different artists, none of them could do it and we couldn't turn it into a major project.

Anyway, thank you for the great reception and support, guys. It means a lot to us all.
So the release was a success saleswise?

No chance of you going on a root diet to fund your next project like a fellow developer did?

It certainly would have been good for your health. :lol:

Vault Dweller

Developer
It's hard to answer. Compared to Lamplighters it was a smashing success. Compared to Battle Brothers, it wasn't but we didn't expect to hit BB's sales numbers either. I'd say it's selling as expected but my expectations tend to be on the lower side.

Ryzer

Arcane
The game looks and plays better than Underrail, not that it is a high bar to catch.

Hope the game is profitable for the devs, the studio deserves to prosper.

McHodensack

Novice
Just finished a pacifist run. Was really great. Really looking forward to multiple playthroughs as with AOD.

Thanks to the devs for this great game!

Sòren

Arcane
It's hard to answer. Compared to Lamplighters it was a smashing success. Compared to Battle Brothers, it wasn't but we didn't expect to hit BB's sales numbers either. I'd say it's selling as expected but my expectations tend to be on the lower side.

it would be strange if a game of this kind sells more copies on day 0 than during the aftereffect, after word of mouth goes around. steam forum seems to be annoyingly overcrowded now.

congratulations anyway! i am sure you can improve even further.

Blutwurstritter

Scholar
Does this also have the skill point system from AoD? It didn't work well with the skill check dialogues and made it optimal to keep them to just spend them as needed to pass the current checks. Is this improved or still the same?

Vault Dweller

Developer
Does this also have the skill point system from AoD? It didn't work well with the skill check dialogues and made it optimal to keep them to just spend them as needed to pass the current checks. Is this improved or still the same?
Different system (skills are increased by using them).

Turn_BASED

Educated
It’s really just a great game. I love that the dev kept the AoD style of presentation, storytelling, and gameplay.

After running through Dungeon Rats and AoD so many times I was afraid I’d be tired of it by the time Colony Ship released. I was not in the slightest.

A quick question for those of you who played it more:

Are there 2 handed bladed weapons in the game? I’m trying to play a high cha, high strength paladin that sides with the Church. The big fuck you melee weapons all seem to be maces.

goregasm

Scholar
Been stealth following/wishlisted this since it was announced, loved AoD, going to pick this up a bit later today now that it's released.

Bastardchops

Augur
Patron
I gave up on the pre-made captain build and just made a min max char/int build with gifted. Then took captain as first feat. I'm sure grenades and initiative can make up for lack of combat skill.

Blutwurstritter

Scholar
Different system (skills are increased by using them).
Sounds like a good solution that fixes my main gripe about AoD. Does the game have nice gory death animations like Fallout 1/2 and is the average playtime below 40hours? I'll get it either way but it gets some bonus points if the answers are Yes.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm going to do simultaneous runs. One fighting, and one as a pacifist. I am 40 minutes into both.

Shaki

Arbiter
The key to understanding that is to realise that people on this site don't play games. The BG3 thread - and the Starfield thread a month later - was like, 20% actual discussion from those of us who were playing the game and wanted to exchange thoughts about it, and 80% people either posturing about how much the game sucked without playing it
Funny, considering that biggest critics of BG3 from that thread did 2 playthroughs, while the biggest defender of the game dropped it in act 2, which ofc didn't stop him from spamming for weeks about how stupid people complaining about act3/endings are, but keep rewriting history.

The truth is, Codex hates being force fed goyslop, so when you have corporate shills coming from reddit in force, to simp for dogshit games, it will cause many Codexers to jump in and try to right the wrong. It's the old truth about pretty much every single hobby focused place in the internet, saying something stupid will cause much bigger reaction than saying something smart, because circlejerking each other about a cool thing being cool gets old pretty fast, but every person dedicated to a hobby, feels the urge to defend it when it's being desecrated by the flood of mainstream casual retards.

std::namespace

yeah, game feels pretty much worse than aod and dungeon rats...
its pretty banal (shit) boring all around, as was shown in early access

banal
boring
soulless
stiff
uninspired
nothing

i would write more but too lazy, there are many a wrong in this gayme here

writing is shit (its like scifi brutalism, dreary soulless shit, there is no idea like in golden age scifi story, just futuristic brutalism), im already not reading what npcs says, only reading the response options, pressing 123, especially in the dialogue minigame...
i still dont give the tiniest of shit if jonas or regulators win and why is it blocking habitat...?

combat is shit, tough fights feel like im dicking around the ai and the rng more than aod and dungeon rats (and that says alot cause i dicked the ai around in dungeon rats a bunch); ai decides to focus down fayth? u r done -> move one square left (without reason!) -> they aggro the tank! - this completely decides the outcome
land a crit right and dominoes fall
aim legs, aim legs, aim legs, aim legs, aim legs... quetsions?
there are only 2 trivial things that i had to decide in combat: do i poison or flashbang depending on resists, AND, sometimes you have to go melee
well... two times i had to reshuffle armor and who gets which gadget

i dont have an opinion on sneaking and starting combat from it, havent thought about it deeper

enemy type is utterly unreadable, is it a pistol or rifle, how much armor where... and so on
enemy variety is so sad, just compare to underrail, cause its practically 1 damage type == physical
i differentiate enemies in melee, ranged, and if its a fucker with obscene reactions and accuracy
there are weapon effect but i have not seen bleed or knockdown, they just shoot you at legs arms head, i dont pay attention to it
itemisation is shit: if im looking at gear after a fight, spot a new boots and look over the numbers and decide that i dont care? well thats bad! terrible! i have a full inventory of vendortrash variants and i only look at them when a fight is not falling even with rng help

graphics are eh, i find them mostly ...unpleasant, hydroponics can be nice to look at just like a nice green hedge can be looked at...
monochrome inventory and outer glow on on soulless plastic trash though, gee, desaturated blackness is the motto

quests... i dunno... they are so compartmentalized, this kill-steal-speak is just ...sovlless...
like on one hand cs offers more options and more approaches to every quests than aod but
it feels like a rogue casting shoot_arrow, vs a fighter casting hit_sowrd, vs mage casting teleport
they start at the same place, and finish in the same place, they have differnt names but feel identical

ooooh, you know how vd made an rpg into a shitty meta-chaining-adventure by denying you free xp allocation and hoarding? well, they "backpedaled"! now you can hoard feats! which can give instant 2 skillpoints if you want to check what is in those 7 lockpick lockers and reload, or pass any trashtier speech miniigame and see if its to your liking |
we are back in bizness fellow powergays! i am hoarding 2 token dispensers right noa!!! they give 400xp crit strike but only 200 for other skills *sadface*

music is different enough, but i wouldnt recognize a tune 10 minutes later... slightly better than elevator?

aod felt more interesting from the get go, dungeon rats had the luxury of very strong weapon type differentiation
cs has nothing but unreal engine with hidden lockpick targets clipping though walls
dead inside

Bastardchops

Augur
Patron
yeah, game feels pretty much worse than aod and dungeon rats...
its pretty banal (shit) boring all around, as was shown in early access

banal
boring
soulless
stiff
uninspired
nothing

i would write more but too lazy, there are many a wrong in this gayme here

writing is shit (its like scifi brutalism, dreary soulless shit, there is no idea like in golden age scifi story, just futuristic brutalism), im already not reading what npcs says, only reading the response options, pressing 123, especially in the dialogue minigame...
i still dont give the tiniest of shit if jonas or regulators win and why is it blocking habitat...?

combat is shit, tough fights feel like im dicking around the ai and the rng more than aod and dungeon rats (and that says alot cause i dicked the ai around in dungeon rats a bunch); ai decides to focus down fayth? u r done -> move one square left (without reason!) -> they aggro the tank! - this completely decides the outcome
land a crit right and dominoes fall
aim legs, aim legs, aim legs, aim legs, aim legs... quetsions?
there are only 2 trivial things that i had to decide in combat: do i poison or flashbang depending on resists, AND, sometimes you have to go melee
well... two times i had to reshuffle armor and who gets which gadget

i dont have an opinion on sneaking and starting combat from it, havent thought about it deeper

enemy type is utterly unreadable, is it a pistol or rifle, how much armor where... and so on
enemy variety is so sad, just compare to underrail, cause its practically 1 damage type == physical
i differentiate enemies in melee, ranged, and if its a fucker with obscene reactions and accuracy
there are weapon effect but i have not seen bleed or knockdown, they just shoot you at legs arms head, i dont pay attention to it
itemisation is shit: if im looking at gear after a fight, spot a new boots and look over the numbers and decide that i dont care? well thats bad! terrible! i have a full inventory of vendortrash variants and i only look at them when a fight is not falling even with rng help

graphics are eh, i find them mostly ...unpleasant, hydroponics can be nice to look at just like a nice green hedge can be looked at...
monochrome inventory and outer glow on on soulless plastic trash though, gee, desaturated blackness is the motto

quests... i dunno... they are so compartmentalized, this kill-steal-speak is just ...sovlless...
like on one hand cs offers more options and more approaches to every quests than aod but
it feels like a rogue casting shoot_arrow, vs a fighter casting hit_sowrd, vs mage casting teleport
they start at the same place, and finish in the same place, they have differnt names but feel identical

ooooh, you know how vd made an rpg into a shitty meta-chaining-adventure by denying you free xp allocation and hoarding? well, they "backpedaled"! now you can hoard feats! which can give instant 2 skillpoints if you want to check what is in those 7 lockpick lockers and reload, or pass any trashtier speech miniigame and see if its to your liking |
we are back in bizness fellow powergays! i am hoarding 2 token dispensers right noa!!! they give 400xp crit strike but only 200 for other skills *sadface*

music is different enough, but i wouldnt recognize a tune 10 minutes later... slightly better than elevator?

aod felt more interesting from the get go, dungeon rats had the luxury of very strong weapon type differentiation
cs has nothing but unreal engine with hidden lockpick targets clipping though walls
dead inside
I kind of agree with this. It is very much cookie cutter wild west but in space. Also it doesn't make sense that the people who would be capable of building a generation ship would devolve into a shit society.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom