Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Concord Cancelled

damager

Arbiter
They need to start to grow a dick and tell these bitches how incompetent and useless they are

damager

Arbiter
I went with these freaks to university. Just call them a fat slut with daddy issues and they start crying and stuffing their face with ice cream for 7 days.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
I dunno, I see all these pictures of game developer studios and they're all completely filled with gender weirdos, male feminists and mega liberal women of varying sizes. What can you even do as an employee there without having the ire of all the worst girl bullies known to man directed at you like sauron's eye? Even dealing with one girl bully at work can be a delicate situation, let alone when they consist of 80% of the staff. Each small change towards actually having cool shit in the game would be a brutal fight on a battlefield that most men are completely unequipped for.
This is why cleansing fire of bankruptcy is necessary on grand level.

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
I went with these freaks to university. Just call them a fat slut with daddy issues and they start crying and stuffing their face with ice cream for 7 days.

Those are playground rules buddy, you'll get the tables turned upside down on you if you do that in a corporate office. When you use mean words, you're doing WORKPLACE VIOLENCE against those poor defenceless girls who are now crying in the manager's office.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Tyranicon weighs in:

Or lack of waifus. This video combines my two loves: exposing corporate slop and shilling. Enjoy.

That's obviously the funny way to look at it, but conduct the following thought experiment:
>same game comes out
>except its all animu girlus sexo sexo
>does it justify the spending Sony put into it?
Answer: No, it doesn't. This kind of game, today, would not pay that money back. Sony is doing what everyone did several years ago: releasing a so-so MOBA after LoL and DOTA2 are already out and dominant.

damager

Arbiter
Ah... I don't know man. Without LGBTQ tag and pronouns this would definitly run a lot better

damager

Arbiter

Those are playground rules buddy, you'll get the tables turned upside down on you if you do that in a corporate office. When you use mean words, you're doing WORKPLACE VIOLENCE against those poor defenceless girls who are now crying in the manager's office.
Than the managers office needs to tell them that. Or they can all go bankrupt and sit on their LGBTQ freakshow propaganda ware

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Ah... I don't know man. Without LGBTQ tag and pronouns this would definitly run a lot better
Would it run better? Yes.
Would it run enough to not get closed down this year? No.
This game could do 10x better and still die in a week. We aren't looking for incremental growth here. This was supposed to be Overwatch 3.

damager

Arbiter
Pretty sure 100 million was also squandered with pure incompetence of niggawomanbrain DEI hires. This game doesn't even look worth 20 million.

And yeah ofc it's retarded to copy flavour of the month games and take 8 years to release them.

deuxhero

Arcane
Pretty sure 100 million was also squandered with pure incompetence of niggawomanbrain DEI hires. This game doesn't even look worth 20 million.

And yeah ofc it's retarded to copy flavour of the month games and take 8 years to release them.
100 mil is just an estimate based on team size, average salaries, and dev time but absolutely nothing else, it's the bare minimum. They also completely changed artstyle at least once in the 8 years of development, so lots of money flushed just from that.

Lucumo

Educated
Fairgames.jpg

WTF am I looking at? Looks like a bad AI generated design.
That check mark should be a giant "X" across the face instead.

Semiurge

Cipher
Character Design 101 is that you should be able to see the character's function in-game just from their looks, a good example would be the Engineer from TF2, you see the hard hat, goggles, and suspenders and instantly know this is the character that builds things. Teo in this game for example is supposed to be the "Ryu" AKA the character everyone picks for the first time to ease themselves into the game more gracefully, but he looks like a Call of Duty Warzone Operator, all other "titular" main characters of other hero shooters are iconic in design.

No, no, no. Those are harmful stereotypes and we can't have them anymore.

Decrease the size of that ridiculous hairdo, give her some nice boobs and a proper womanly body, get rid of those stupid round glasses

nolf-2-feature-1.jpg

Who is this pretty lady and what japanese game is she from?

Don't bother, I know who. But if I didn't and you put those Overwatch/Concord characters side-by-side with Cate, you'd instantly come to the conclusion that the NOLF series was of oriental origin.

lmao they even have pronouns
was/were

:smug:

aaaacfecbb8b7ef0.avif

Christ their meltdowns are like sissy fits, aren't they. Especially considering that that's from Steam where the moderation is really loose. The normos there use way more colorful language when referring to wokies and troons.

nwNutzU.jpeg

Perhaps the game would still be alive today if it was filled with waifus.
Now THAT's what I'm talking about!
Man, how do you go from beautiful black breeding hips waifu with a minigun to the fat turtle from the second image?

Ye, looks like something from Unreal Tournament 1999

UT'99 actually had a very diverse cast of bots. Lots of black men and women, latinos and latinas, aliens and of course robots.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Character Design 101 is that you should be able to see the character's function in-game just from their looks, a good example would be the Engineer from TF2, you see the hard hat, goggles, and suspenders and instantly know this is the character that builds things. Teo in this game for example is supposed to be the "Ryu" AKA the character everyone picks for the first time to ease themselves into the game more gracefully, but he looks like a Call of Duty Warzone Operator, all other "titular" main characters of other hero shooters are iconic in design.

No, no, no. Those are harmful stereotypes and we can't have them anymore.

Decrease the size of that ridiculous hairdo, give her some nice boobs and a proper womanly body, get rid of those stupid round glasses

nolf-2-feature-1.jpg

Who is this pretty lady and what japanese game is she from?

Don't bother, I know who. But if I didn't and you put those Overwatch/Concord characters side-by-side with Cate, you'd instantly come to the conclusion that the NOLF series is of oriental origin.

lmao they even have pronouns
was/were

:smug:

aaaacfecbb8b7ef0.avif

Christ their meltdowns are like sissy fits, aren't they. Especially considering that that's from Steam where the moderation is really loose. The normos there use way more colorful language when referring to wokies and troons.

nwNutzU.jpeg

Perhaps the game would still be alive today if it was filled with waifus.
Now THAT's what I'm talking about!
Man, how do you go from beautiful black breeding hips waifu with a minigun to the fat turtle from the second image?

Ye, looks like something from Unreal Tournament 1999

UT'99 actually had a very diverse cast of bots. Lots of black men and women, latinos and latinas, aliens and of course robots.

Yeah, "diversity" is hardly a new concept is vidya, like, streets of rage in '91 had a cast of a blonde/blue eyed white dude, a nig and a raven haired white chick.

streets-of-rage-1-220424-163645.png

Concord’s Death Offers a Bleak Look at Gaming’s Future
After eight years of development, Sony pulled the plug on Concord today after just two weeks. Fans loved it, but seemingly not enough. Is the future of the industry blockbuster-or-bust?

https://www.wired.com/story/concord-death-future-of-video-games-bleak/
Twitch streamer John Wissmiller realized that Concord was the best first-person shooter he’d played in a decade.

“The gunplay was crunchy, the movement was smooth, and the progression felt rewarding,” he says. “I was even more enthralled by the world the developers had created when I looked into the lore.

“One of the biggest perks about the game was the absence of toxicity within the player community,” says Kelle Dees, a content creator at KDeesGamez. “Everything about the game was positive and inclusive.

Helldivers 2, though, was a breakout hit that already had an established fanbase. Concord, on the other hand, was a brand-new franchise that didn’t get much of a marketing push and drew the ire of “anti-woke” snivelers who complained about the game’s use of pronouns on its character selection screen.
I'm going to release a game for $40 while all my competitors are free in a genre that is oversaturated and with a model that people are hating! Also, I have spent 250 million dollars and have worked on it for eight years. What do you mean nobody likes it?

BrainMuncher

Liturgist
After eight years of development, Sony pulled the plug on Concord today after just two weeks. Fans loved it, but seemingly not enough. Is the future of the industry blockbuster-or-bust?

Twitch streamer John Wissmiller realized that Concord was the best first-person shooter he’d played in a decade.

“The gunplay was crunchy, the movement was smooth, and the progression felt rewarding,” he says. “I was even more enthralled by the world the developers had created when I looked into the lore.

“One of the biggest perks about the game was the absence of toxicity within the player community,” says Kelle Dees, a content creator at KDeesGamez. “Everything about the game was positive and inclusive.

Helldivers 2, though, was a breakout hit that already had an established fanbase. Concord, on the other hand, was a brand-new franchise that didn’t get much of a marketing push and drew the ire of “anti-woke” snivelers who complained about the game’s use of pronouns on its character selection screen.
Twitch streamer accidentally discovers leftist endgame

Can't have a toxic community if no-one plays the game
Can't suffer the male gaze if everyone is ugly
Can't have wealth inequality if everyone is poor
Can't have hunger if everyone died of starvation

:dead:

Fans? What fans!? A person is statistically significantly more likely to be a fucking millionaire than a Concord fan.

You can’t credibly lead with the narrative of a disappointed fan base. The idea that it ever had one is nonsense. The writer even has the execrable peak player number in the article.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom