Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Concord Cancelled

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Like... "Hobopunk" or some shit.

Holy fuck, I think I'm onto something.
What would a role-playing game in that style look like?
Not sure. Assuming it's still S-F...
Uh... NEO Scavenger meets Cowboy Bebop meets Garbage Pail Kids.

Hagashager

Educated
You know, seeing all of this puts my own issues into perspective.

I have a profound physical disability. If you saw me walking down the street you'd know I was not normal. There is no avoiding it. Having half your face just be a blank sheet ain't easy to ignore.

I'll be honest, I'd like to see more of my own issues represented. I appreciate that. I like when games let me have a missing eye, or crooked nose.

You know what else I appreciate? People, including people with profound disabilities, making an effort to beautify themselves. I may have my issues, but I still present myself like a man who cleans up after himself with a well-kept beard, curly blonde hair and blemish-free skin (the Daggerfall portrait is actually a pretty good caricature of how I actually look). I do get the occassional look from girls and have been called ruggedly handsome by past relationships.

The same goes for women. In college I met a girl with my same syndrome. She was very cute and did a fantastic job working around her issues without hiding them like an ashamed freak.

What Concord fails to understand, as do most of these "artists" is that being different isn't being ugly. People with half their face missing can still look good and generally try to. Not having someone make an effort to be presentable then calling it bigotted to call it out is deeply insulting on a personal level.

Last edited:

Caim

Arcane

I have a profound physical disability. If you saw me walking down the street you'd know I was not normal. There is no avoiding it. Having half your face just be a blank sheet ain't easy to ignore.

I'll be honest, I'd like to see more of my own issues represented. I appreciate that. I like when games let me have a missing eye, or crooked nose.

You know what else I appreciate? People, including people with profound disabilities, making an effort to beautify themselves. I may have my issues, but I still present myself like a man who cleans up after himself with a well-kept beard, curly blonde hair and blemish-free skin (the Daggerfall portrait is actually a pretty good caricature of how I actually look). I do get the occassional look from girls and have been called ruggedly handsome by past relationships.

The same goes for women. In college I met a girl with my same syndrome. She was very cute and did a fantastic job working around her issues without hiding them like an ashamed freak.

What Concord fails to understand, as do most of these "artists" is that being different isn't being ugly. People with half their face missing can still look good and generally try to. Not having someone make an effort to be presentable then calling it bigotted to call it out is deeply insulting on a personal level.
Because the goal isn't acceptation of people who deviate from the norm. This is about spouting the superiority of the differences, and how that which is perceived to be the norm is bad and should be done away with. Look at how stunning and brave they are, standing proud despite their shortcomings. You as a person who does not have these shortcomings would have been broken and miserable in their place, but look how great they are! They are lion, hear them roar!

This means that these deviations have become a thing to aspire to, to become them for social capital. Look at those studies where large chunks of school kids identify as some sort of offbrand sexuality not because that's what they are, but because they want to fit in by being different. And while this pertains to sexuality, there have been wackjobs who identify as "trans-disabled" and mutilate themselves so they can be disabled.

The downside to this is that the massive push for this diversity in gaming, the opposite has been reached. Nowadays if you see a character in a wheelchair, with a prosthetic, some kind of mental disorder or especially vitiligo, people immediately roll their eyes and deep it to be woke crap. Which it almost always is. Hell, Rainbow Six: Siege introduced a special forces operative who is in a wheelchair, and instead sends robots into the field (which raises all sorts of questions for Siege) in her stead. In D&D it is a mechanically superior choice to play a character that's in a wheelchair because of how powerful they made wheelchairs to handle having to go into dungeons and fight dragons.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

image.png
You love to see it.

In D&D it is a mechanically superior choice to play a character that's in a wheelchair because of how powerful they made wheelchairs to handle having to go into dungeons and fight dragons.
It is acceptable by all alignments to push people in wheelchairs down a flight of stairs, Huey Emmerich style.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Who the hell looks at this and thinks, "Oh man, I can't wait to learn more about Mr. Green Man!"
faggots. easy question.
I doubt it. I suppose we could ask.

Hey, Dgaider, Atlantico, what do you think about Green Man? Do you find him hot?
Fun fact: the immense butthurt of P*lacks is because every single one of them is a faggot.
You won faggot of the year award already, so don't throw stones in glass houses.

Elttharion

Learned

Because the goal isn't acceptation of people who deviate from the norm. This is about spouting the superiority of the differences, and how that which is perceived to be the norm is bad and should be done away with. Look at how stunning and brave they are, standing proud despite their shortcomings. You as a person who does not have these shortcomings would have been broken and miserable in their place, but look how great they are! They are lion, hear them roar!

This means that these deviations have become a thing to aspire to, to become them for social capital. Look at those studies where large chunks of school kids identify as some sort of offbrand sexuality not because that's what they are, but because they want to fit in by being different. And while this pertains to sexuality, there have been wackjobs who identify as "trans-disabled" and mutilate themselves so they can be disabled.

The downside to this is that the massive push for this diversity in gaming, the opposite has been reached. Nowadays if you see a character in a wheelchair, with a prosthetic, some kind of mental disorder or especially vitiligo, people immediately roll their eyes and deep it to be woke crap. Which it almost always is. Hell, Rainbow Six: Siege introduced a special forces operative who is in a wheelchair, and instead sends robots into the field (which raises all sorts of questions for Siege) in her stead. In D&D it is a mechanically superior choice to play a character that's in a wheelchair because of how powerful they made wheelchairs to handle having to go into dungeons and fight dragons.
Its an issue with both intent and presentation imho.

Both of these characters are disabled and part of fantasy settings but one looks cool and the other looks ridiculous:

dSTqehg.webp

93f1e8686b852870ef728d5a34af06cf

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Who the hell looks at this and thinks, "Oh man, I can't wait to learn more about Mr. Green Man!"
faggots. easy question.
I doubt it. I suppose we could ask.

Hey, Dgaider, Atlantico, what do you think about Green Man? Do you find him hot?
Fun fact: the immense butthurt of P*lacks is because every single one of them is a faggot.
You won faggot of the year award already, so don't throw stones in glass houses.
Every single P*lack butthurt belter faggot can't get me out of xir mind. That's the only recognition I got, faggot :lol:

ind33d

Learned
Concord's UI looks great, honestly someone should port it to Starfield

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

Both of these characters are disabled and part of fantasy settings but one looks cool and the other looks ridiculous:

dSTqehg.webp

And he is disabled because that he is using magic which is forbidden for the dwarves in Warhammer lore and turning to stone slowly. And he is kinda a faction leader not some random low life.

thesecret1

Arcane

dSTqehg.webp

Even that image alone is retarded... Demonic cripple there has zero chance against either of his opponents, since their weapons have longer reach, they can lunge, and the cripple can't dodge. Of all the possible weapons to give to someone in a wheelchair, they gave him one of the least suitable ones. Should've given him a ranged weapon or even made his wheelchair a mobile cannon he can shoot or something, or just given him a lance so he can get rollin' and impale whatever's in front of him, but no, they gave him a fucking dirk.

mondblut

Arcane

dSTqehg.webp

I bet having prosthetics is haram in these circles. Trying to pass as "bodynormative", erasing disabled identity or somesuch.

Can't wait till they start advocating for not wiping the butt.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
I was really confused trying to figure out if the concorde was doing flights again but apparently this about some game nobody cared about before it got the the "any publicity is good publicity" treatment in an attempt to make some of the woke investment back.
w/e

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I was really confused trying to figure out if the concorde was doing flights again but apparently this about some game nobody cared about before it got the the "any publicity is good publicity" treatment in an attempt to make some of the woke investment back.
w/e
It went up in flames like the aircraft and sank like the Concordia.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom