Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Concord Cancelled

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I've actually been fiending for some gangster hood games where you deal drugs, pimp hoes, shoot the police etc which would be cast with 90% minorities and have a soundtrack of all black artists but they never seem to make those for some reason.
Isn't that GTA San Andreas?
Yeah, but it totally went out there into something else after CJ left Los Santos.

I just remember playing it for like 5 minutes. The rap soundtrack and set up made me nope out pretty quick, just wasn't interested.

The only GTAs I got into were Vice City and 4.
Yeah.
Vice City was way better, totally nailed the 80s setting and atmosphere (playing it right now actually).
San Andreas is just endless nigg nogging...

Elttharion

Learned
Concord is proof that the anti-woke movement has gained some serious clout in gaming. And I'm sure the wokies are going to cope and deflect every way they possibly can to avoid recognizing this reality. Don't let up, it's time to double-down, be savage and take no fucking prisoners - brutally eviscerate the bowels of any studio who releases woke slop.

I've seen commentary from Concord devs salty about losing their jobs, I say they should find a job befitting their station in life, go be a cashier at Walmart, or go bag groceries at Kroger, because you have zero creative talent, you are witless fucking hacks.
People are simply tired of seeing fat, horrible looking bitches and fucking niggers in their video games.
Enough niggers.
No more niggers.
Nigger free gaming, LET'S GOOOO!!!!
I've actually been fiending for some gangster hood games where you deal drugs, pimp hoes, shoot the police etc which would be cast with 90% minorities and have a soundtrack of all black artists but they never seem to make those for some reason.
8b28d795fe821835f299e6338b0d.png

Japs count as minorities right?

:smug:

PlayerEmers

Educated
Aye aye SIR! I have identified the next target!

Valve consults with Sweet Baby Inc, that should explain everything.

https://sweetbabyinc.com/projects/

Scroll down, it's listed under "our clients"

The game that SBI worked for Valve was dota underlords.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_Baby_Inc

Its on SBI wikipedia page (there is a video reference linked there). Its the only valve project they worked on (or at least with credits to SBI)

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Concord is proof that the anti-woke movement has gained some serious clout in gaming. And I'm sure the wokies are going to cope and deflect every way they possibly can to avoid recognizing this reality. Don't let up, it's time to double-down, be savage and take no fucking prisoners - brutally eviscerate the bowels of any studio who releases woke slop.

I've seen commentary from Concord devs salty about losing their jobs, I say they should find a job befitting their station in life, go be a cashier at Walmart, or go bag groceries at Kroger, because you have zero creative talent, you are witless fucking hacks.
People are simply tired of seeing fat, horrible looking bitches and fucking niggers in their video games.
Enough niggers.
No more niggers.

pedo shit

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron

Doesn't look very high quality but I'll take what I can get at this point.

Enough niggers.
No more niggers.

Uh... I don't think this is quite what I'm looking for

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Imagine making a game that's so bad Sony has its people delete it from your console by hand.
To be fair, they probably had one intern deal with it and he was done deleting the game from the entire playerbase's drives before lunch.

Beastro

Arcane

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In

Enough niggers.
No more niggers.
I'd be big on playing a blaxploitation vidya game.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
If history is any guide, the so-called "based" alt-right will just hand-wave it off as an anomaly.

Both the left and the right are now completely locked into the Steam ecosystem. No criticism of Lord Gaben will be tolerated!!! /s
Grummz hasn't mentioned it from what I've seen. I'm sure he forgot, it's a small game from an indie dev.
Probably because his entire library is on Steam.

And of course he is a grifter who only wants to push stuff that won't anger his "fans"...

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Guys, come on. I obviously already played GTA and saint's row. I even played the truly horrible 25 to Life back in the day as well as the 50 cent games
Kingpin: Life of Crime
Grummz hasn't mentioned it from what I've seen. I'm sure he forgot, it's a small game from an indie dev.
Better to go for weak and vulnerable targets like Ubisoft and Sony first.

The companies themselves are strong, but the games weren't. Until he addresses the non-binary elephant in the room, I'll assume he's looking at the high playercount and deciding it's not worth the trouble. He's not alone, I can't find it in Kabrutus' site either.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I'm kinda bummed out that Concord didn't last longer, for the reason that there was apparently supposed to be new characters added in the future, and I'm morbidly curious as to how those would've turned out.

abija

Prophet

I should have stopped at
"I’ve played Overwatch, Call Of Duty: Warzone, and many others, but none of them captured my attention the way Concord did, and one of the primary reasons for this was because I felt invested in the characters and their stories."

but I was actually curious. He didn't mention anything specific. "Movement was full of joy". Yeah right... "I was having fun even when losing". Sure thing buddy...

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Aye aye SIR! I have identified the next target!

Valve consults with Sweet Baby Inc, that should explain everything.

https://sweetbabyinc.com/projects/

Scroll down, it's listed under "our clients"

The game that SBI worked for Valve was dota underlords.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_Baby_Inc

Its on SBI wikipedia page (there is a video reference linked there). Its the only valve project they worked on (or at least with credits to SBI)

Well glad to know that in spite of the game bombing the value of SBI is bought to Deadlock

That just makes it worse

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
Kingpin: Life of Crime
I saw this game in a magazine when I was a kid and I wanted it so bad but my dad was mortified when I showed it to him and absolutely forbade me to play it. Then I finally got ahold of it as an adult and after all that anticipation, I find out it's a piece of shit. One of the most disappointing moments in my whole life.

JC'sBarber

Literate
I hope this game flopping means Sony will intensify their move away from Jim Ryan's stench. This game, Fairgame$, the Bungie acquisition. It was all under his tenure. So we'll see what direction the new regime goes in after a few years, but they will be struggling to recoup these monumental losses. No company loses $200 Million and walks it off, except maybe the likes of Disney.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
What was the starting budget this piece of shit had?
Millions of dollars?
And it completely flopped?

You love to see it...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom