Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Concord Cancelled

Kev Inkline

(devious)
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm kinda bummed out that Concord didn't last longer, for the reason that there was apparently supposed to be new characters added in the future, and I'm morbidly curious as to how those would've turned out.
Morbidly obese, I reckon.

Just Locus

Educated
What was the starting budget this piece of shit had?
Millions of dollars?
And it completely flopped?
100~ million and it sold less than a million in profit and flopped so hard that even mainstream media outlets were reporting its failure.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
What was the starting budget this piece of shit had?
Millions of dollars?
And it completely flopped?
100~ million and it sold less than a million in profit and flopped so hard that even mainstream media outlets were reporting its failure.
Goddamn...
Complete and utter trainwreck.
Only thing which would make this better if there was leak about what passed as market research in the studio.

Just Locus

Educated

‘Concord is one of the best video games I’ve ever played’​

https://metro.co.uk/2024/09/14/concord-one-best-video-games-ever-played-21603238/

This may sound ridiculous to you, but I genuinely believe that Concord is one of the best games I’ve ever played, and I say that as someone who has been gaming regularly for over 30 years.
For fuck's sake this Concord as Lost Cause narrative is pathetic. Don't show your ass like this, it failed on its own (lack of) merit.

Surely there can't be any money attached to doing PR any more? The game is literally dead.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

https://metro.co.uk/2024/09/14/concord-one-best-video-games-ever-played-21603238/

This may sound ridiculous to you, but I genuinely believe that Concord is one of the best games I’ve ever played, and I say that as someone who has been gaming regularly for over 30 years.
For fuck's sake this Concord as Lost Cause narrative is pathetic. Don't show your ass like this, it failed on its own (lack of) merit.

Surely there can't be any money attached to doing PR any more? The game is literally dead.
Devs and companies doing quality PR?
All these fucks do is engage in customer shaming and retarded social justice politics.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

Devs and companies doing quality PR?
All these fucks do is engage in customer shaming and retarded social justice politics.
Look at it this way.
If these people weren't so shit at what they do, we wouldn't be so entertained.

Inec0rn

Literate
Good. You would think losing 200 million would make a publisher re-think the next major investment and try something different. Sadly this never seems to be the case, its like they just hold off developing anything until they see a new trend to clone. I'm pretty much retro/indy gamer at this point, idc if EA,Actiblizz,Ubi,Sony etc. ever publish another game.

Elttharion

Learned
I'm kinda bummed out that Concord didn't last longer, for the reason that there was apparently supposed to be new characters added in the future, and I'm morbidly curious as to how those would've turned out.
Maybe someone can convince Amanda (?) to release some concept art

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
170924dailystormermeme11-768x922.jpg

Modron

Arcane
Lol, for the few that actually enjoy it, they got to play the game for a whole week. Fastest live service game death ever.
Why are you guys so negative? This lasted 2 whole days longer than The Day Before.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom