Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Concord Cancelled

Dark Souls II

Educated
Shitposter
Not related to Concord itself but Sony and their pursuit for live service shit and hero shooters:

For those who dont know, its another hero shooter slop but focused on heists/extract loot (just like the cancelled heist hero shooter "Hyenas" made by Total War devs, published by SEGA)

I will laugh my ass off if this flops as badly as Concord. TOTAL SNOY DEATH

Looks like a blatant rip-off of this masterpiece (also about a team of teenagers heisting corporations, similar color palette, but has lolis and a novel, real-lifelike mechanic of kidnapping women to force them into prostitution):

dohna-dohna-key-visual.jpg

DemonKing

Arcane
Guy at our local Gamestop equivalent said he's had many times more enquiries from people wanting to buy the game now it's been cancelled than when it was released.

Somehow Sony managed to create a game that's more popular now it's shut down and unplayable than when it was actually working.

:excellent:

The fact that Sony decided to release a live service hero shooter during a time where both have been disliked is a catastrophic error. In the defense of the development team though, the game has been in development since 2016, when both were in their infancy. Sony would have gotten much more money if they released a third Gravity Rush game and/or a PC port of Bloodborne. Hell, porting both Gravity Rush games to PC would have been a decent idea as well.

Ezekiel

Arcane
The fact that Sony decided to release a live service hero shooter during a time where both have been disliked is a catastrophic error. In the defense of the development team though, the game has been in development since 2016, when both were in their infancy. Sony would have gotten much more money if they released a third Gravity Rush game and/or a PC port of Bloodborne. Hell, porting both Gravity Rush games to PC would have been a decent idea as well.
Lesson to take away is not to chase trends when games take eight years to make. Just make good games.

Bothers me that they're porting Gravity Rush 2 and not the superior first game.

deuxhero

Arcane
Sunk cost. That many devs for 8 years is 120+ mil. Even people thinking this looked horrible didn't anticipate it failing this badly. Everyone was saying FTP in 6 months: Nobody called it dead in two weeks.

Reinhardt

Arcane
sony is the kindest big corpo in the world. insead of closing studio they decided to let poor bipocs of color to do the only thing they know - concord - for some more time.

damager

Arbiter
Kids love overwatch and "hero shooters". Is it because they feel cool when they play these online games? This is the reason why concord bombed? Is it because concord aesthetics was more a parody of these cool kids? Poor kids. That so uncool to make irony of them.
Problem is the people represented in this game are not the "cool kids" in high school that play video games, it's social studies students and ugly swingers that go on kamala harris rallies

rumSaint

Educated
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
They think pandering to 0,0005% of audience will bring them money an people will buy their product. But reality is people know what is cool, landwhale with colorful hair with violent outbursts is not.

It brings me joy to see this kind of shit crash and burn. It's a matter of game being good and characters being pleasing to an eye. If I would like to look at something ugly, I have mirror in the bathroom.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Kids love overwatch and "hero shooters". Is it because they feel cool when they play these online games? This is the reason why concord bombed? Is it because concord aesthetics was more a parody of these cool kids? Poor kids. That so uncool to make irony of them.
Problem is the people represented in this game are not the "cool kids" in high school that play video games, it's social studies students and ugly swingers that go on kamala harris rallies
Yeah, it's their parody, and at the same time a parody of the super-heroes themes. At least they are funny, compared with other similar games. What surprised me is that almost all the critics were about the uncooliness of the characters. But wasn't that the point? Ok, the kids didn't get it, and for this reason it was a failure. But the adults? Why are the adults criticizing it with the same arguments of the kids?

damager

Arbiter
Omg that's the best x post I have ever seen I think. Please stop working in games. And please kill yourself to send a message to other activist hacks, that ruin our hobby to promote their sick fetishes. Eat shit you talentless piece of shit! You never were a game designer!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom