Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy abusing his mod powers in shoutbox which he shouldn't have per the agreement made.

demod crispy?

• yes

Votes: 35 39.3%
  • make latro shoutbox moderator

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • no

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • :kingcomrade:

Votes: 20 22.5%

• Total voters

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
The point of shoutbox was to have various discussions with a smooth flow between different themes. A separate hugbox with a zero tolerance policy for off-topic discussions only turns shoutbox into a shittier version of discord.
Always has been.

[Astronaut holding gun pointed at other astronaut]
I don't think our percentage of tranny pedo groomers is that high
Humanity has risen!

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

So in all of this can we have the copy of the the contract apparently the codex sign with asf to forbhid crispy to be a mod in the main box? Oh would you look at that there is no contract!

Werdnicus

Learned
15711889_0.jpg

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
So in all of this can we have the copy of the the contract apparently the codex sign with asf to forbhid crispy to be a mod in the main box? Oh would you look at that there is no contract!
All parties consented and agreed. Crispy got $500. Men of honour stick to their agreements.
The extra $1k is because I'm lazy and we usually have an annual fund-raiser for $6k.

Also, in the interests of transparency:

Is there any donation amount which will see Crispy removed as shoutbox moderator?
How about $1K
In a single donation?
Sure, why not
If there was a $1k single donation to our current server drive, then yes, I would remove Crispy as shoutbox moderator.
Wow, butthurt sure is at a premium these days.
Very well. I will donate $1K if you agree to remove all of Crispy's shoutbox moderator powers, and agree that neither you nor everybody else will ever give Crispy, or any of his alts, shoutbox moderator powers again.
DU, I want half.
That is the price of your harassment
Hey if I get 500 bucks out of it I'll happily give up Shoutbox moderator powers.
I like the idea of helping Codex, I don't like the idea of helping you.
Whether you like it or not, if you pay the $1000.00, I'm getting half of it.
Well, I can't help that, but sounds like a waste of good funding.
:hmmm:

I agree to this. $1k single donation, Crispy gets half. For the greater good of the Codex.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
That last post of mine, which is oddly cut-off in the screenshot above, actually says:

I have made a decision.

Crispy, you will be responsible for setting Notices (MOTD), and creating new rooms as users (reasonably) request. You will also be responsible for moderating all chat rooms EXCEPT Shoutbox 2.0, which will be a den of shit in which all shit shall be contained.

I'm not actually sure if you can ban people from some rooms but not others but I'm assuming you can. You can figure that one out.

Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
People who only come to disrupt a place get thrown out.
“disrupt” is a euphemism here:
- I banned Watser yesterday for an hour from Shoutbox for continually spamming emoticons, specifically the ones that are too wide to fit into the mini-view of Shoutbox without messing up its formatting. What that winds up causing is the inability for mini-view Shoutbox to autoscroll properly and thus is a real nuisance for anyone who doesn't prefer the full-view version. I had warned him first (which is in the archives) but he kept doing it so I booted him for a little while.
To sum up:
1. Watser had previous convictions:
No he wouldn't. He'd be back again to disrupt some more since this wasn't even his first timeout. No desire to ever seriously discuss RPGs in that room means that getting temp-banned from the room isn't a disincentive.
2. Proceeds to antagonise by not only spamming (!) but spamming emoticons (!!). Why? Maybe this:
Attention seeking is fairly common in young children, kids learn that if they create a scene they can end up getting what they want or they get the satisfaction on having all eyes on them making them feel like the most important person in the room. Although this is normal behavior in children, if parents are not firm in ignoring these habits, then attention-seeking children grown up to become attention-seeking adults. It is rarely appropriate to display attention-seeking tendencies as an adult, but these people have become so used to receiving what they want for much too long and now cannot change their mindset.

“As human beings in this world, many of us crave attention and it is a part of human nature.” This is just a wrong way of getting attention.

3. Watser gets a warning, an opportunity to stop. He (foolishly) chooses not to.

4. Temp ban follows.

Conclusion:
Watser is the victim and Crispy is the bad guy…?

No.

Crispy did break his agreement not to moderate the box. On the other hand, it happened once and it was a case of force majeure, spammers be banned. What’s the point of having moderators around if their hands are tied when an idiot decides to go on a picture spamming spree?

Let him experience consequences for his actions, if anything, he’ll learn something from it about appropriate attention-seeking behaviours. Never too late to change and mature. You‘re doing more harm than good by excusing spam which is detrimental to any online community. The Codex is probably the most lax when it comes to moderation, it takes exceptionally obnoxious/inappropriate behaviour to end up getting banned.

I have to wonder as to what happened between Crispy vs Jenkem to generate such resentment however.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I do find it quite funny that Watser actually plays and discusses RPGs (mostly in the Shoutbox, but no one is perfect).

There is an (admittedly) quite talented artist in this thread who seems to be taking a moral high ground against Watser for some reason, yet I've never had a long discussion with that individual about the dark sun series or fallout. I don't think I've ever even seen said individual post about RPGs in fact.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Jenkem whining like the little bitch he is again.

This is what Prosper posted in there, among other off-topic things:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Crispy just can't help himself not to be a mischievous asshole. He enjoys pushing it as much as he can to piss off others and playing the victim to avoid all responsibility.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom