Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Crusader Kings III

thesecret1

Arcane
Modders are keeping it alive to a degree even higher than in CK2's case, and admittedly I didn't think it possible. A couple of very big mods are close to release and it alone should keep CK3 afloat for a good while.
I dunno man, I tried the Elder Kings mod since I had quite a bit of fun with it in CK2, but here it just failed to salvage the thing. I mean, adding progress bars to conversions rather than leaving it to RNG means that shit gets religion and culture converted super fast everywhere, muh custom religions mean that nothing seems to have proper flavour, the UI is ass and an endless frustration, and there just seems to be nothing fun to do at all.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
nothing seems to have proper flavour
Yeah,that is the just of all the paradox games. Mechanically they are the same garbo you get bored after a few games. Flavour is what gives reason to play the games,playing as china should feel different than playing with england for example. Now they have stream lined everything and feels boring. At this point everything they do is add a button that give you a bonus to a number. It is cookie clicker.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
Modders are keeping it alive to a degree even higher than in CK2's case, and admittedly I didn't think it possible. A couple of very big mods are close to release and it alone should keep CK3 afloat for a good while.
I dunno man, I tried the Elder Kings mod since I had quite a bit of fun with it in CK2, but here it just failed to salvage the thing. I mean, adding progress bars to conversions rather than leaving it to RNG means that shit gets religion and culture converted super fast everywhere, muh custom religions mean that nothing seems to have proper flavour, the UI is ass and an endless frustration, and there just seems to be nothing fun to do at all.
So mods have pretty granular control of the UI in CK3. What part of the AI is really off putting? The theme/flavor? The controls? The annoying large 3D model images shoved everywhere?

Victor1234

Educated
Does CKIII even have the same devs as CKII? Or at least late CKII? Really doesn't feel like it.
Nothing seems to have the same devs. I recall someone was asking why message settings (ways to prevent the million annoying popups that constitute gameplay to some) were not in CK3 when they'd been in 2. The answer was it's a different dev team and there are no company wide policies/best practices on anything.

There's an engine code base and the code for each game currently released, and it seems the devs of a new game can pick and choose more or less however they want to combine those chunks of code for their new game. The CK3 dudes decided not to include the message settings code and the other devs wash their hands of it. Sucks to be the consumer.

Does CKIII even have the same devs as CKII? Or at least late CKII? Really doesn't feel like it.
Nothing seems to have the same devs. I recall someone was asking why message settings (ways to prevent the million annoying popups that constitute gameplay to some) were not in CK3 when they'd been in 2. The answer was it's a different dev team and there are no company wide policies/best practices on anything.

It's not in all modern paradox games (I think EU4 was the last). I doubt it has anything to do with the devs, there's some retarded "UI expert" who has decided that this was the best way to go and that is now the company policy. Stellaris has the same problem and Vic3 has basically the same UI as CK3.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
Its crazy because the foundation is excellent, speaking in level of code. But the devs feel like they have no game plan and are doing nothing cool with it.
Meanwhile CKII had playable Pagans by now.

Compare with the Stellaris team, who DEFINITIVELY have a plan awhile now and every DLC/Patch release really makes the game better, and the Custodian Initiative is there to fix anything looked over before, they even make previous DLCs better and in line with newer releases.

Firstly there's almost no continuity between CK3 and CK2 devs much less CK1. Secondly Stellaris is a bad comparison because being nonsense space bullshit is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less troublesome vs even pretending to be historical much less succeeding. Expecations are completely different. Better to compare to EU4 or Vicky 3 or CK2. Even Imperator. People have got to just pretend Stellaris doesn't exist when discussing the historical games.

Victor1234

Educated

It's not in all modern paradox games (I think EU4 was the last). I doubt it has anything to do with the devs, there's some retarded "UI expert" who has decided that this was the best way to go and that is now the company policy. Stellaris has the same problem and Vic3 has basically the same UI as CK3.
That's what they said themselves. Imperator had them, so people asked Johan why it had the message settings when CK3 didn't. He said each dev team makes up their own mind and he wanted message settings so he puts it in games he works on but the CK3 dev team didn't and 'solved it another way'.

thesecret1

Arcane
So mods have pretty granular control of the UI in CK3. What part of the AI is really off putting? The theme/flavor? The controls? The annoying large 3D model images shoved everywhere?
I think you means to say the UI. It's a major case of being overengineered. I'll give an example. I have been looking for a wife for my heir, so I had this list of women there, and wanted to select one as my pick. Yet doing so opened her character sheet, and completely borked the whole selection (I don't remember if it closed the marriage window, or just made it so that I was looking for a husband for her). I was extremely confused wtf just happened, and then found out that clicking her portrait in that menu opens her character sheet, while to select her as your pick, you need to click her name. I don't remember how CK2 handled it, but I know that I've done this exact operation thousands of times, and not once have I ran into this issue, so it either works differently, or they made a better job communicating to the user what does what (and see, not remembering how exactly it was done is good – you shouldn't remember how exactly UI works as a player, you shouldn't even think about the UI, it should be unobtrusive). Moreover, this bullshit where something happens to the window I had open prior virtually never happens. In CK3, it happens all the fucking time. Dynasty trees are an absolute fucking nightmare to navigate (whereas they were extremely simple to use in CK2) since the entire fucking screen changes whenever you click anything, they have a fucking bug in window focusing that leads to confusing behavior, and for some fucking reason they decided to have their menus thrown all over the place, rather than inside one menu structure like in their previous games.

That's not to mention that CK3 is hideous. From the cartoonish shittastic 3D models to the ugly as fuck map (is it just me, or is Paradox making the map uglier and uglier with each game? There's definitely a trend here), to the opaque backgrounds in UI and the lack of anything that'd in any way be thematically appropriate. Remember how it was in CK2? Different religions gave you different style of the UI, and each one felt appropriate. CK3 gives you some ambiguous, modern-looking blob. It's stretched all over the fucking screen all the time too since it's loaded with a fuckton of useless images, rather than having a concise summary of shit like in most of CK2 messages. Not only that but it fails to mention important shit too – you have to hover over it to see it. For example, consider battle outcome screen. CK2, you have the portraits of all the characters killed in battle there, and you can tell at a glance if anybody important had died (because his portrait will have an outline respective of his title). In CK3, you need to navigate a fucking menu (a MENU! In a fucking summary screen!) and hover over dead knights to get this info.

I've actually grown to fucking HATE Paradox tooltips. Not that I dislike tooltips in general (love them, actually), but Paradox went and turned it into a fucking crutch, a bandaid slapped across terrible UI design. They design an interface that lacks important fucking info, and "solve" this shortcoming by putting that info inside a fucking tooltip. Bonus points if you gotta go into a tooltip inside of a tooltip. Playing CK3 is extremely tiresome in this regard, you never get all the information you need at a glance, you always need to either navigate some menu nightmare they created, or hover your mouse over shit and wait patiently for the tooltip to show.

The UI in CK3 is terrible, which is a big fucking issue because you are making use of the UI during virtually every second of playing the game. It should be the most polished part of the game, the place where every click is pondered upon, whether it is needed or if it can be handled differently, simply because it is something the player will be doing a million times every playthrough. Yet Paradox decided to let this pile of shit into the world. Bizzare. Especially since this is, what, the 20th game utilizing a similar form of UI? You'd think they wouldn't need to reinvent the wheel with every game, yet here we go, a new wheel invention yet again, this time 50% more rectangular.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
I think you means to say the UI. It's a major case of being overengineered. I'll give an example. I have been looking for a wife for my heir, so I had this list of women there, and wanted to select one as my pick. Yet doing so opened her character sheet, and completely borked the whole selection (I don't remember if it closed the marriage window, or just made it so that I was looking for a husband for her). I was extremely confused wtf just happened, and then found out that clicking her portrait in that menu opens her character sheet, while to select her as your pick, you need to click her name. I don't remember how CK2 handled it, but I know that I've done this exact operation thousands of times, and not once have I ran into this issue, so it either works differently, or they made a better job communicating to the user what does what (and see, not remembering how exactly it was done is good – you shouldn't remember how exactly UI works as a player, you shouldn't even think about the UI, it should be unobtrusive). Moreover, this bullshit where something happens to the window I had open prior virtually never happens. In CK3, it happens all the fucking time. Dynasty trees are an absolute fucking nightmare to navigate (whereas they were extremely simple to use in CK2) since the entire fucking screen changes whenever you click anything, they have a fucking bug in window focusing that leads to confusing behavior, and for some fucking reason they decided to have their menus thrown all over the place, rather than inside one menu structure like in their previous games.

That's not to mention that CK3 is hideous. From the cartoonish shittastic 3D models to the ugly as fuck map (is it just me, or is Paradox making the map uglier and uglier with each game? There's definitely a trend here), to the opaque backgrounds in UI and the lack of anything that'd in any way be thematically appropriate. Remember how it was in CK2? Different religions gave you different style of the UI, and each one felt appropriate. CK3 gives you some ambiguous, modern-looking blob. It's stretched all over the fucking screen all the time too since it's loaded with a fuckton of useless images, rather than having a concise summary of shit like in most of CK2 messages. Not only that but it fails to mention important shit too – you have to hover over it to see it. For example, consider battle outcome screen. CK2, you have the portraits of all the characters killed in battle there, and you can tell at a glance if anybody important had died (because his portrait will have an outline respective of his title). In CK3, you need to navigate a fucking menu (a MENU! In a fucking summary screen!) and hover over dead knights to get this info.

I've actually grown to fucking HATE Paradox tooltips. Not that I dislike tooltips in general (love them, actually), but Paradox went and turned it into a fucking crutch, a bandaid slapped across terrible UI design. They design an interface that lacks important fucking info, and "solve" this shortcoming by putting that info inside a fucking tooltip. Bonus points if you gotta go into a tooltip inside of a tooltip. Playing CK3 is extremely tiresome in this regard, you never get all the information you need at a glance, you always need to either navigate some menu nightmare they created, or hover your mouse over shit and wait patiently for the tooltip to show.

The UI in CK3 is terrible, which is a big fucking issue because you are making use of the UI during virtually every second of playing the game. It should be the most polished part of the game, the place where every click is pondered upon, whether it is needed or if it can be handled differently, simply because it is something the player will be doing a million times every playthrough. Yet Paradox decided to let this pile of shit into the world. Bizzare. Especially since this is, what, the 20th game utilizing a similar form of UI? You'd think they wouldn't need to reinvent the wheel with every game, yet here we go, a new wheel invention yet again, this time 50% more rectangular.
The only UI I find to be comparable bad to Paradox modern UI is Shadow Empire, although for different reasons. They added a bunch of "thematic stuff" to the UI but what it really does is add clicks, and since it is Unity trash or something the extra clicks always fucking hang. Because Unity. After you make a choice it gives you a popup, with a portrait of the relevant leader and a voice acted dialogue line that is also written, that you then have to click out of, but it is a dumb generic repetitive yes sir type thing. Abomination. But yeah I see what you mean about the Paradox UI also. They shoved info into tooltips so they could plaster the screen with their fancy but ugly art assets which they added to help sell "content" which they could charge zillions for and suckers will accept it. Nested tooltips should be following the "three reads" rule but nothing in Paradox UI will do that. Although of course the majority of the UI issues are just inevitable knockon effects because of the 3D model shit.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik

CK3: Tours and Tournaments - The Vision​

Greetings!

Come one, come all! The grand tournament awaits your attendance - your steeds have been readied and your entourage assembled for the journey ahead! It’s time to show the world your graciousness as host and worth in the arena… but to get there, we’re better off routing our journey around the treacherous mountain passes of Stipon, as I hear they’ve been crawling with highwaymen since your, ahem, dalliance with Duke Andronikos’ wife during his son's wedding. Then there’s the matter of your unruly vassals: perhaps it’s time for a royal tour?

The life of a ruler was always active - there were many things to attend to, and most courts at the time were itinerant, roaming from place to place constantly. Tours and Tournaments aims to give rulers plenty of things to do, especially during times of peace, by introducing new systems of Travel and Grand Activities!

As mentioned in the Floorplan Dev Diary, we want to reinforce the connection between character and map - after all, the game is played on a beautiful medieval map, and no longer will the only time your ruler leaves the safety of their capital be when you’re at war. There’s an entire world out there to explore, filled with both great opportunities and adventurous obstacles.

By assembling an entourage, selecting options for your travel, and hiring a caravan master, you are ready to set out on the road and travel to activities across the world. The Travel system is an integral part of activities, with both the host and guests traveling to reach them - creating a stronger feeling of place as you see your route being plotted and your character moving directly on the map.
3.png

[Image: The Duke of Bohemia setting out on a Tour]

So what are these activities you can travel to, you ask? There’s plenty - firstly we’ve updated and revamped Feasts, Hunts, and Pilgrimages completely - the bread-and-butter of activities. There’s now a reason to hunt in a specific forest within your domain, as a ferocious wolf or legendary stag might have been spotted there - or a reason to hold a feast in a holding with leisure palaces, as you might need to impress a particularly unruly vassal. Pilgrimages will now be epic journeys, potentially taking years if you’re going far - making it necessary for a regent to rule in your stead. All activities have dedicated interfaces with easily-accessible information and beautiful art to set the scene.

Of course, there are Grand activities that are even more impactful - each of them different in their own magnificent way! They have Options and Intents which affect rewards and what type of content you might encounter. Our aim is to make each activity have a clear purpose and be interesting in its own right, therefore we chose to make Grand Tournaments, Grand Tours, and Grand Weddings - three vastly different activities with vastly different executions and purposes!
2.png

[Image: Example of Activity Types, initial step]

Grand Tournaments are where you go to test your mettle: spectacles to be announced far and wide, with rewards ranging from precious trinkets to fabulous prizes! Grand Tournaments aren’t only for martially-inclined characters - while there are contests such as melees and jousts, there are also more cerebral ones such as recitals or erudite board games. You can join your knights in slippery wrestling, eagle-eyed archery, dangerous horse racing, and vicious team melees - all clad in gleaming armor brandishing your coat of arms for the masses to see! Participating and winning in these contests will see your characters and knights grow in skill and receive prizes; living the life of a frequent tournament-goer is a valid path to take. Exploring the tournament Locale and choosing the right Intents might help you out in other ways as well, be it finding friends or dispatching rivals. If you’re in need of renown, hosting tournaments yourself will grow your standing significantly, as rulers from foreign realms come flocking to the fateful grounds, eager to compete!
4.png

[Image: Snapshot of part of the Tournament UI. Tournaments, unlike other Grand Activities, have an extra special interface - more on that in the Tournaments Dev Diary]

Grand Tours see you assemble your entire court and set out to visit vassals in your realm - an activity commonly undertaken by medieval rulers. This is a way to assert your overlordship, while also enjoying the hospitality your vassals have to offer. There are various paths to take: Intimidation, Majesty, or Taxation, all affecting the rewards and opinions of your vassals. At its core, Tours are a tool for realm stability - and something a newly-ascended ruler should undertake quite early to avoid factions and revolts. You also get to choose between ways of approaching your vassals individually; you might want to tour the grounds, observe a cultural festival, or simply have a private dinner hosted for you.

Grand Weddings allow you to marry above your station… if you’re willing to pay the cost! They also provide ample opportunity for diplomatic shenanigans, such as impressing neighboring rulers into becoming vassals, forming hard-to-get alliances, or creating favorable matches for your children. Of course, these spectacles come with everything you’d expect out of a medieval ceremony - revelries, drama, and even a bedding ritual at the end. Or you can invite a group of mercenaries to color the halls crimson with the blood of the other House, should you desire it.
1.png

[Image: Planning a Grand Wedding]

As some of you managed to cleverly figure out, there’s also a brand-new regency system where we’ve made sure that it’s both interesting to have and to be a regent. Loyal regents help you by dutifully fulfilling their Mandates, and being the regent of your liege gives you opportunities to (with varying degrees of bloodshed) seize the throne for yourself, should you be doing a “good” job.

There’s also a myriad of other changes which we’ll go into in future dev diaries - smaller systemic updates to buildings, knights, vassal opinions, and so on - all to support a more interesting and living map, where your choices matter more.

So take to the road, ruler - great opportunities await!

Tours and Tournaments will be released in late spring, and until the release we will have weekly Dev Diaries.

Don’t forget to wishlist:
Wishlist on Steam
Microsoft Store

Watch the trailer here!

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

CK3: Tours and Tournaments - The Vision​

Greetings!

Come one, come all! The grand tournament awaits your attendance - your steeds have been readied and your entourage assembled for the journey ahead! It’s time to show the world your graciousness as host and worth in the arena… but to get there, we’re better off routing our journey around the treacherous mountain passes of Stipon, as I hear they’ve been crawling with highwaymen since your, ahem, dalliance with Duke Andronikos’ wife during his son's wedding. Then there’s the matter of your unruly vassals: perhaps it’s time for a royal tour?

The life of a ruler was always active - there were many things to attend to, and most courts at the time were itinerant, roaming from place to place constantly. Tours and Tournaments aims to give rulers plenty of things to do, especially during times of peace, by introducing new systems of Travel and Grand Activities!

As mentioned in the Floorplan Dev Diary, we want to reinforce the connection between character and map - after all, the game is played on a beautiful medieval map, and no longer will the only time your ruler leaves the safety of their capital be when you’re at war. There’s an entire world out there to explore, filled with both great opportunities and adventurous obstacles.

By assembling an entourage, selecting options for your travel, and hiring a caravan master, you are ready to set out on the road and travel to activities across the world. The Travel system is an integral part of activities, with both the host and guests traveling to reach them - creating a stronger feeling of place as you see your route being plotted and your character moving directly on the map.
3.png

[Image: The Duke of Bohemia setting out on a Tour]

So what are these activities you can travel to, you ask? There’s plenty - firstly we’ve updated and revamped Feasts, Hunts, and Pilgrimages completely - the bread-and-butter of activities. There’s now a reason to hunt in a specific forest within your domain, as a ferocious wolf or legendary stag might have been spotted there - or a reason to hold a feast in a holding with leisure palaces, as you might need to impress a particularly unruly vassal. Pilgrimages will now be epic journeys, potentially taking years if you’re going far - making it necessary for a regent to rule in your stead. All activities have dedicated interfaces with easily-accessible information and beautiful art to set the scene.

Of course, there are Grand activities that are even more impactful - each of them different in their own magnificent way! They have Options and Intents which affect rewards and what type of content you might encounter. Our aim is to make each activity have a clear purpose and be interesting in its own right, therefore we chose to make Grand Tournaments, Grand Tours, and Grand Weddings - three vastly different activities with vastly different executions and purposes!
Technically sovereign of Czech lands.
And in case Paradox is missing me as a history consultant. Plzeň was founded after DE JURE recognition as sovereign country in Rome. (Which happened in year xxxx as Paradox obviously knows.)

The obvious trade center which was used for trade with Saxons is missing. And the IMPORTANT trade center which was used for North South direction is missing as well. It's kinda funny because it was in that place since year 430 or so.

If he went to eastern part from west he'd be killed by bandits, because western part was bit isolated from east AND the rest of the world.

And most importantly it's still only 63 years after Polish invasion, country is still in dire need of repairs. And there are no money for that. And nobody is idiot to borrow money for that, because it's better to own the country, than having country owned by Italian bankers.

Delterius

Arcane
This is going to be another Royal Court tier garbage DLC, where focus is put on 'roleplaying' fluff like planning weddings while the only mechanical novelties in the DLC are watered down. Tournaments and travelling will be like holding court, a bunch of events that are weak and only serve to annoy you. Regencies will be pointless as well because what really matters is that fashion change over time. The map will remain 95% generic until the next Major DLC Expansion pack where we focus on the intricate french ceremonies where servants pick out their master's noses.

I really am done.

Vatnik Wumao
Or you can invite a group of mercenaries to color the halls crimson with the blood of the other House, should you desire it.
Why am I hearing bass-boosted Rains of Castamere?
It's a cheap ripoff of the Red Wedding since the devs are trying to get to that normie crowd that cares neither for grand strategy nor historicity. Just GoT, Sims & assorted memes.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
This is going to be another Royal Court tier garbage DLC, where focus is put on 'roleplaying' fluff like planning weddings while the only mechanical novelties in the DLC are watered down. Tournaments and travelling will be like holding court, a bunch of events that are weak and only serve to annoy you. Regencies will be pointless as well because what really matters is that fashion change over time. The map will remain 95% generic until the next Major DLC Expansion pack where we focus on the intricate french ceremonies where servants pick out their master's noses.

I really am done.
This is basically a super watered down version of "Social Occasions" in Axioms. You don't actually plan the weddings, characters don't actually attend them, you don't actually provide food and entertainment, etc. Also your social options are limited because CK3 characters lack real personalities or consciousness. It will be interesting to see if people prefer the fancier graphics but shit tier mechanics of CK3 or the mediocre graphics but top tier mechanics of Axioms. Put out the design post for Axioms Social Occasions exactly 13 months ago. And actually most of the code for that is done. Just gotta finish the AI decision making code. At least the upcoming debacle from how shitty CK3's implementation is will prime people for wanting a non-shit version.

dsndo

Educated
Will travelling actually matter though? Or will it just be another minor decision that inexplicably costs the equivalent of constructing 3 cathedrals that enables event chains where you decide whether to house refugees in your own castle or in your peasant's villages. The character location already is a massive issue. I regularly would impregnate my wife despite being on campaign for 3 years, would exist simultaneously in Rome while on pilgrimage and in my Royal Court, be the target of seductresses that live half a continent away. This is a problem that needs to be addressed with patches (mods), not DLC.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
Will travelling actually matter though? Or will it just be another minor decision that inexplicably costs the equivalent of constructing 3 cathedrals that enables event chains where you decide whether to house refugees in your own castle or in your peasant's villages. The character location already is a massive issue. I regularly would impregnate my wife despite being on campaign for 3 years, would exist simultaneously in Rome while on pilgrimage and in my Royal Court, be the target of seductresses that live half a continent away. This is a problem that needs to be addressed with patches (mods), not DLC.
The answer is no, location won't matter.

I regularly would impregnate my wife despite being on campaign for 3 years
Dunno about CKIII (its kinda gonzo right now), but in CKII if this happens I'm pretty sure the kid is not yours.
Nah, happens all the time in CK2. Otherwise making your wife your spymaster and having her 24/7 stealing tech from constantinople wouldn't be viable.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
I regularly would impregnate my wife despite being on campaign for 3 years
Dunno about CKIII (its kinda gonzo right now), but in CKII if this happens I'm pretty sure the kid is not yours.
Nah, happens all the time in CK2. Otherwise making your wife your spymaster and having her 24/7 stealing tech from constantinople wouldn't be viable.
I mean presumably your wife doesn't have to be literally in Constantinople, you are just indicating where you are directing the primary focus of your spymaster. CK2 doesn't really simulate intrigue. You don't have trusted agents or apply resources or anything. It is much more abstract than that.

No, that definitely puts her there in constantinople. You can in fact do things like spread disease this way. There's a few other instances in which character location is important, I believe you need at least one character in the same province as the target of an assassination plot to get an opportunity, regardless of your plot power. According to the wiki you can also avoid disease by raising an army and leading it somewhere where the plague isn't ravaging. Not sure I fully believe that though, I think as a ruler you might always be considered as occupying your capital unless you're on one of the specific event-based trips that give you a regent.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
I don’t remember ever impregnating my wife either while on campaign with troops or while she was poisoning wellsmaking latkes in Constantinople in CK2.

thesecret1

Arcane
No, that definitely puts her there in constantinople. You can in fact do things like spread disease this way. There's a few other instances in which character location is important, I believe you need at least one character in the same province as the target of an assassination plot to get an opportunity, regardless of your plot power. According to the wiki you can also avoid disease by raising an army and leading it somewhere where the plague isn't ravaging. Not sure I fully believe that though, I think as a ruler you might always be considered as occupying your capital unless you're on one of the specific event-based trips that give you a regent.
Nah, even as ruler, you travel with your army. It's why you can die on the battlefield. And why the scurvy exploit works. Do you have a character in your kingdom that you wanna kill? A vassal, heir, or even yourself? Raise levy, add him as commander, load the levy to a ship, set sail to sea, and just park it there. After a couple months, the character will develop scurvy and likely die soon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom