Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Crusader Kings III

DesolationStone

Educated
CK3 it's near to become a fully fantasy game

Vatnik Wumao

The President

Educated
They got quite a few problems in this game, yet haven't addressed a simple one that's been there from the start. The building system is really weak, you get to pick four buildings and quite a few of them are basically useless IMO. The same cookie cutter builds from day one are still the same ones you should get today. Luckily I can make vendettas in the new dlc though.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Yeah, building costs are way to high for what little bonus they give. Especially on early starts you have a monthly income of 2-3 gold, making it take years to even build a single building giving you 50 more levies. Unless your wife finds a decade worth of income under the bed again, or you use pr0 gam0r move to extort the shit out of everyone. So you put that money into raising a few hundred professional troops instead, which is... the complete opposite of how it should be. :hahano:

Zariusz

Arbiter
For me one of the worst things about CK3 is that during its launch it stole Bronze Age mod from Imperator, that mod was obviously much greater than the vanilla game but Imperator was a much more fitting base for the mod instead of CK3. Imperator version was continued by some other guy but he focused on cultural revamp instead of trying to implement rest of the anatolia that was already present in CK3 version like two years ago, since he finished that revamp, development was barely alive though some weeks ago i saw some signs of work from that version.
On the other hand, few weeks ago original dev announced that he will fully abandon his version leaving only unfinished ( and not playable apparently) alpha of the 2.0 update for download.

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
First(?) big mod is out. Elder Kings II. Elder Scrolls fan service commence.
It's pretty cool to see The Elder Scrolls from the political view to be honest. It ought to work out pretty well as politics is prominent aspect of the setting.

Gahbreeil

Scholar
RnHWK5r.jpg

My face when CK III released.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
So after slugging it out and finally coming to agree with the guy I was debating on YouTube, we ended up deciding PoE1 *and* Tyranny had some heavy usage of one extra level of tooltip nesting, but not the Shafer style infinite tooltips. What is more interesting is I recalled that B&W2, which I looked into years ago but never played, actually had a single sub-level of tooltip way back in 2005! WTF! The key of course is not giving filthy PDS any credit for the CK3 tooltips, especially since Obsidian itself is also a separate studio under the publishing arm.

But props to Molyneux for being a full decade ahead of Obsidian on multi-level tooltips.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
Alright, which meaningless and shallow flavor pack will the codex vote for for this year?

Snu Snu Stuff
Child Control
Bad Boy Blather

So far Child Control is winning the official poll on the Paradox forums.

Alright, which meaningless and shallow flavor pack will the codex vote for for this year?

Snu Snu Stuff
Child Control
Bad Boy Blather

You think CK3 will receive 3 whole DLCs in 2023? That'd be an improvement over 2022.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer

Snu Snu Stuff
Child Control
Bad Boy Blather

You think CK3 will receive 3 whole DLCs in 2023? That'd be an improvement over 2022.
No there is one big DLC, probably related to itinerant courts or pilgramage or something, they said it will bring characters to the map, and then after that they have promised a Friends and Foes style Flavor pack with one of the three options I gave. Well they called them Lust and Love, Villains and Vagabons, and Ward and Wardens:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/ck3-community-choice-event-pack-poll.1565251/

Delterius

Arcane
So even the devs have no idea how to fix CK3, they need the players to tell them how
the devs already know what they'll be doing for the next 3-20 years. ck3 follows the sims 4 DLC policy of a bunch of small dlcs and big(ish) expansions here and there. the devs also know that players want regional flavor and special government mechanics at the very least for republics, imperial governments and nomads but as it turns out they had other roleplaying related content to release first along the way.

that poll is just people deciding which small dlc they want first.

the community's biggest input are mods and especially total conversions. i gotta say that at least the ones i'm following seem quite inspired.

its a lovely situation btw. these people want to throw money paradox's way but the DLC team is extremely slow about it.

Victor1234

Educated
So even the devs have no idea how to fix CK3, they need the players to tell them how
the devs already know what they'll be doing for the next 3-20 years. ck3 follows the sims 4 DLC policy of a bunch of small dlcs and big(ish) expansions here and there. the devs also know that players want regional flavor and special government mechanics at the very least for republics, imperial governments and nomads but as it turns out they had other roleplaying related content to release first along the way.

that poll is just people deciding which small dlc they want first.

the community's biggest input are mods and especially total conversions. i gotta say that at least the ones i'm following seem quite inspired.

its a lovely situation btw. these people want to throw money paradox's way but the DLC team is extremely slow about it.
Yup, has been the plan for a while now.

QdvnF7J.jpeg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom