Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Crusader Kings III

Dark Souls II

Educated
Shitposter
Tempted to finally try the Adventurer thing, but will it be compatible with an older save? I have a save file from 1-2 years back with a nice dynasty developed over a few hundred years, that have their own religion and all. Can I jump back into that game, only starting to play as some minor adventurer from that family, instead of being the dynasty head?

So I've been kind of addicted to this game
Shit I know what that's like.
Mods?
Sure, here's my current modlist:
- Social Relations Expanded/SRE
- Unfinished Business
- Rescue & Vengeance
- Dynamic Regency
- Patrum Scuta
- Patrum Scuta Expanded
- CK1 Music (don't think this actually works anymore lol)
- Immersive Concubinage: A Mechanical Overhaul
- Knights of Honor soundtrack (don't think this actually works anymore lol)
- More Character Names (outdated for current version so far, so I'm not using it in my current game, but its on list)
- Community Flavor Pack
- [RIT]Simple Manager - Adventurer
- Family Romance
- VIET Events - A Flavor and Immersion Event Mod
- Nye's Aggressive AI

The one I recommend the most is getting the Adventurer one - why? Because AI Adventurers are Performance Cancer and will fuck your performance up. This mods limits AI adventurers to a simple 20, through AFAIK you can use it to change the limit. It does not affect you in any way. No one should play Rise to Power without somesort of AI Adventurer limiter, at least until Paradox fixes the performance of AI Adventurers.

Tempted to finally try the Adventurer thing, but will it be compatible with an older save? I have a save file from 1-2 years back with a nice dynasty developed over a few hundred years, that have their own religion and all. Can I jump back into that game, only starting to play as some minor adventurer from that family, instead of being the dynasty head?
I doubt such an old game will be compatible with the current version. 100% not compatible

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
One Proud Bavarian, Leana Hafer, and even Bret Deveraux are doing a set of linked threads today whining about the decision to restore Roman Hellenism. First "it provides no roleplay", second it doesn't "represent how restoration of old faiths worked", and then just various whining. Well their complaints make no sense. The entire religion system of CK3 is ahistorical, arbitrary, and illogical. As always they complain about the symptoms while being blind to the disease.

Minecrawler

Educated
Well, "+99999 mongols and plagues in exchange for ancient hellenism everywhere immediately" is arbitrary even by very low standards.

A strong contender for the most lazy and uninspired decision in the game title.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom