Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Crusader Kings III

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
They are more important it seems. They are much more involved in various mechanics of the game than old traits were.
That is what they have promised, yeah. I remain skeptical.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I was honestly wondering why they decided to include Burma but if this guy is in the game, I concede it was a cool idea to have him.

Someone check the 1066 start date.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Anybody know when they are going to release the "free demo" ?
Paradox games aren't really well protected. It just needs to be uploaded to your "demo" site of choice.
It was released like 3-5 hours ago.....the free demo i mean lol.
Yeah, I'd be playing already if I didn't have work to do. But apparently it hasn't been uploaded everywhere yet.
:nocountryforshitposters:
Ahhh i mean that the sea version was put out 3-5 hours ago,i am already installing it to see if it is a passable game. It is some royal delux edition or something.

Played for a bit. Massively out of practice with CK. Started on Ireland, the baby island for newbies, and am furiously trying to drown my sons because I FUCKING HATE SPLITTING TITLES AMONG HEIRS AND THE IRISH ARE TOO STUPID TO GET DECENT SUCCESSION LAWS AAAAAAAAAAAA
1200 UNTIL PRIMOGENITURE AAAAAAAAAAAAA 1050 UNTIL HOUSE SENIORITY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:kingcomrade:

Other than that though, pretty good. Taking some getting used to the new interface, seeming mostly fine (The one bad standout is that tooltips tend to linger and require flailing the mouse to get rid of them) but since I'm both rusty in my CK and this rejiggered stuff, it takes me a while to find what I'm looking for. Music's a little odd, seems like they're trying to make it more dynamic but that means almost nothing plays out for longer than maybe a minute because some random-ass event will pop up, or you'll go to war, or SOMETHING will change it. Also see that they're pushing 100,000 concurrent players on Steam and since it's also on game pass and (I assume) Paradox's own store and probably Epic game store, sounds like the people are hungry for gay incest.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
:nocountryforshitposters:Ahhh i mean that the sea version was put out 3-5 hours ago,i am already installing it to see if it is a passable game. It is some royal delux edition or something.
Yes, we ARE talking about the same thing. They always include all the bells and whistles. And it's almost certainly not a passable game, but I still feel compelled to see for myself too.

There are some SJW things in this game btw.
You can not expel a certain people and Deus Vult is gone.
Didn't expelling the jews come in one of the DLCs, anyway? I could be mistaken since my CK2 memory's a big fucking mess over years and various states, but for some reason I thought that got expanded in the Sons of Abraham DLC or something. Didn't think you could take loans and then banish them at launch.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Every time someone compares CK 2 to this new title, in this thread, I am tempted to ask which CK 2 are we talking about? CK 2 plain base game, or CK 2 with all add-ons and DLCs. Because they're 2 very different games.

Straight elf

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I got the game through X bawks pass and it seems...random? In 90 minutes of playing, Austria converted to a heretical faith and nearly all kingdoms are going through civil wars. Reminds me of Hearts of Iron III upon release where they attempted to please the "historical railroading sucks" crowd and we ended up witnessing Italian invasions of Finland all the time.

Sinilevä

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
So how shitty is the game on a scale of 1-5, where 1 is "crap" and 5 is "utter shit"? I would maybe consider donwloading an extended demo only if it's in 1-2 range.

jungl

Augur
lol idk everything sucks so far in this sequel. War is more annoying then ever with all the clicking you got to do. The enemy AI is a spaz that constantly makes bad decisions where if you have the movement boost can constantly force easy winnable skirmishes for reknown farming.

I don't understand the good reviews.

Kitchen Utensil

lol idk everything sucks so far in this sequel. War is more annoying then ever with all the clicking you got to do. The enemy AI is a spaz that constantly makes bad decisions where if you have the movement boost can constantly force easy winnable skirmishes for reknown farming.

Paid for by Paradox with the millions in DLC money they made from retarded whales.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron

Paid for by Paradox with the millions in DLC money they made from retarded whales.
I genuinely don't think Paradox paid off any reviewers. CK3 as it stands is just really appealing to the average reviewer's sensibilities: Dumbed down gameplay, degeneracy, memery and viewing the past through a rainbow-colored lense.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:retarded::retarded::retarded::retarded::retarded:

Fuck,i haven't felt that insulted in a fucking long time. The lazy disgusting cunts couldn't even bother checking the houses of the rulers and ended up making a made up names. Also there is only 2 starting years,lazy cunts,hope that this shit flops!

16FbpDJ.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom