Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Re-Announcement Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
That's how a proper sexbot looks like. Watch and learn Bioware!

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
The scenery looks a lot like Blade Runner, which I really do like.

Also, I'm not sure where this information comes from, but it seems like this gonna be PC-exclusive.

Kahlis

Cipher
I didn't need to sit through 2 minutes and 21 seconds of horrible music to tell me, oh wow, the game is in the future, and there's guns, and wiminz, and teckhnologiez. I suppose that's all teasers ever do (set the...setting) but if this game were actually :obviously: it wouldn't even bother with all of this smoke-and-mirrors CGI stuff. Good to know they're trying to get the CoD crowd's attention.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Turns out it'as not an actual trailer according to the secret message around 2:14

1341469-PXQZZ2H.png

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Me too...couldn't take a proper screenshot, they made sure to made shit as unreadable as possible.

Hellraiser

Arcane
If I noticed there's anything hidden in there I could have downloaded that and exported the frames to a png sequence to get a clear image. But I'm kind of doing that with another video, oh joy ten minutes to extract 20 seconds worth of frames. *sigh*

Also obvious news is obvious, of course it is not an actual trailer. This is a teaser.

Mabuse

Educated
Both video and audio in this trailer ooze pure gayness. But you couldn't really expect anything better after they were showing this cyber-chick concept art for half an hour or so during the press conference.
Blade Runner anyone? Ghost in the Shell? Big lolz. The overall feeling of this teaser seems to be closer to Resident Evil meets Bloodrayne than to anything half decent.
And that bit with golden dust at the beginning reminds me of THIS.

Speaking of music, the cyberqueer track was composed by the English band Archive. i've learned about them only recently because they were in the TOP 5 of the ALL TIME'S GREATEST HITZ list voted by the listeners of some Radio Potato FM. It turns only few Brits know about this incredibly awesome band. Fortunately, the musicians found their audience elsewhere: France, Switzerland, Greece and... yes, Potatoland. Say no more, say no more, eh? Me, I'd honestly prefer Erasure to do the soundtrack. Yes, they may be more cheesy than Archive, but they certainly are more enjoyable to listen. And contrary to Cyberpunk 2077 art director they take pride in their queerness, showing it openly, not hiding beneath some cryptic emo messages written in *so tiny it's unreadable, hence, awesome!!!* fonts... or beneath the golden dust sprinkling from cyberchick's cheeks.

923712-N6EZHE5.jpg

For all the hype I thought it would be longer.

From what I know, they are deep, deep in the forest with the project. Two months ago they had about 15 people on the team, after what, 4-5 months of recruitment? And they wanted to have a 100 :D And they still had absolutely no idea about what direction to go with this. I don't know, maybe this is how things work in corporations like CDPR, or maybe it's just Potatos way of doing things by faking it. I guess if somebody asked them, they would tell they were *brainstorming* all this time... ("And today's topic is, again, the cyber-chick. The boobz. TO SHOW OR NOT TO SHOW????") Either way, good luck in fucking up the franchise and warm potatoes to them! : x

Bony

Learned
Queued
Get your shit together CDP , this is how you make a trailer for a cyberpunk game and a teaser:

I present you the Codex Cyb3rp4nk XXX Enahnced GOTY Edition trailer with all dlcs included :

Mabuse

Educated
Get your shit together CDP , this is how you make a trailer for a cyberpunk game and a teaser:

I present you the Codex Cyb3rp4nk XXX Enahnced GOTY Edition trailer with all dlcs included :

Now that's more like it! A straight & proper cyberpunk trailer! And the music isn't dissing one's ears, at last.
:bro:
Nice one, Bony (if it's yours;)) You know, the way it omits all the golden dust and most of the over-the-top slo-mo gayness, and gets short and more straightforward, it starts to remind me of the execution scene from the best intro evah ;) Oh the golden days of yore, how I miss ye...!

Bony

Learned
Queued
You know, the way it omits all the golden dust and most of the over-the-top slo-mo gayness

Yea and I removed the wommynz,,,,, i miss the times when they didn't put a SUPER HAWT CHICK BOOBZ LEGS ASS upfront.

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
Both video and audio in this trailer ooze pure gayness. But you couldn't really expect anything better after they were showing this cyber-chick concept art for half an hour or so during the press conference.
Blade Runner anyone? Ghost in the Shell? Big lolz. The overall feeling of this teaser seems to be closer to Resident Evil meets Bloodrayne than to anything half decent.
And that bit with golden dust at the beginning reminds me of THIS.

Speaking of music, the cyberqueer track was composed by the English band Archive. i've learned about them only recently because they were in the TOP 5 of the ALL TIME'S GREATEST HITZ list voted by the listeners of some Radio Potato FM. It turns only few Brits know about this incredibly awesome band. Fortunately, the musicians found their audience elsewhere: France, Switzerland, Greece and... yes, Potatoland. Say no more, say no more, eh? Me, I'd honestly prefer Erasure to do the soundtrack. Yes, they may be more cheesy than Archive, but they certainly are more enjoyable to listen. And contrary to Cyberpunk 2077 art director they take pride in their queerness, showing it openly, not hiding beneath some cryptic emo messages written in *so tiny it's unreadable, hence, awesome!!!* fonts... or beneath the golden dust sprinkling from cyberchick's cheeks.

923712-N6EZHE5.jpg

For all the hype I thought it would be longer.

From what I know, they are deep, deep in the forest with the project. Two months ago they had about 15 people on the team, after what, 4-5 months of recruitment? And they wanted to have a 100 :D And they still had absolutely no idea about what direction to go with this. I don't know, maybe this is how things work in corporations like CDPR, or maybe it's just Potatos way of doing things by faking it. I guess if somebody asked them, they would tell they were *brainstorming* all this time... ("And today's topic is, again, the cyber-chick. The boobz. TO SHOW OR NOT TO SHOW????") Either way, good luck in fucking up the franchise and warm potatoes to them! : x

Do you seriously think the soundtrack isn't gonna be synth.

I think they even said as much in an interview.

Also rumors of Daft Punku for a few songs

Mabuse

Educated

I don't care if it's gonna be synth or classical or jungle tam-tams or whatever. My point was, the music, as well as video, used in the teaser sucks a lot. It just shows Potatos at CD Projekt are rather tasteless. Their idea of how Cyberpunk should look and sound like is too generic and too "glittery", also a bit too close to DE:HR for my taste.

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity

I don't care if it's gonna be synth or classical or jungle tam-tams or whatever. My point was, the music, as well as video, used in the teaser sucks a lot. It just shows Potatos at CD Projekt are rather tasteless. Their idea of how Cyberpunk should look and sound like is too generic and too "glittery", also a bit too close to DE:HR for my taste.

You are a double nigger

bonescraper

So, Robert Adler is their concept artist? Nice, i always liked his work.

96453_gvsp1.jpg

: x

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom