Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The news is that Braindances will function as a series of collectibles

No, they said it wouldn't be a collectible. Or is that what you're assuming because of their suspiciously specific denial?
It's a big assumption:

They said there is a story behind the braindance sequences. I am assuming there will be a fairly big number of them scattered throughout the span of the game - both spatial and timespan.

If there will be multiple braindances available at the same time, this means the player will be able to play them without a specified order. This in turn means that the clues that the player has to collect will work like pieces of a puzzle and won't be related to one another, but gathering a certain sets of clues will unlock a respective part of the overarching quest. Therefore, collectibles.

I imagine it like the clues you collect to unlock witcher gear, but taken on a bigger scale.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Trigger is a weird choice for Anime. Madhouse would be way better pick.
Or just go bonkers and hire Oshi so everyone could at least fap to it.
Trigger is pretty much the best studio there is. In fact I was completely ignoring this shit until I saw your post. Now that I know it's Trigger I have to watch it. Trigger is really making me feel conflicted lately because I'm pretty much the biggest Trigger fanboy ever but they keep making anime based on things I hate lately. First they made a furry anime this year and now this. Fuck it I'll still watch because Trigger.

It better be directed by Hiroyuki Imaishi

Edit: Fuck it's directed by Imaishi. This is going to be a must watch. If they can make a fucking furfag anime good then they can make this good.

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
bPLOSFu.png

Cyberpunk 2077 Paradigm Shift.

ChildInTime

Learned
:shredder:

I opted for a female body, and after working my way through hairstyles, piercings, eye types, cybernetics and more, I was presented with several options for how my nipples should look, including the choice not to have any at all. But then, much to my surprise, the camera pans down and I'm presented with a fully naked V. Genitalia options are next on my list, including a jiggling range of penises, a vagina, or simply nothing at all. Vagina applied, lightning bolt bush shaved in, and I was ready to play, but left with the lingering awareness that finally, a healthier diversity of audiences can be physically represented in-game.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Pubic hair off should be the only option. :cool:

I only watched the trailer because I know I'm playing the game anyway. Graphics definitely being reigned in like Witcher 3's were, but that should be expected. Still looks very good visually, and I think they're nailing the cyberpunk aesthetic. Hopefully the gameplay is good, but even if it's a dumb shooter I'll still play it for the setting.

retinoid

Savant
It's about as everyone expected then. Stiff gameplay, emphasis on "choices" but that word is meaningless in ARPGs, with lavish production values and sense of scale designed to dazzle you away from inevitable mechanical and narrative flaws. Witcher 3 had these issues as well, but at least it had the fall back of being "comfy" due to the colourful medieval fantasy setting.

RepHope

Savant
Previews are pretty clear that this is still an RPG and will have more RPG mechanics than the Witcher games did. IGN compared the sim aspects to Deus Ex, would be nice if that wasn’t just shilling. Gameplay is still pretty fucking clunky though.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Yoshinari and Imaishi is a good combo but a weird choice. I'd expect a certain level of good production value but I'm not sure how would they take it it direction wise since their works leans more to the hyper action side.
Watanabe would've been more reliable since he's really into western culture and have already made the Blade runner short which was really great. I believe best choice would be if they got Watanabe to direct at Producction I.G or Nakazawa since he's more involved with the studio.

Danikas

Arcane
Previews are pretty clear that this is still an RPG and will have more RPG mechanics than the Witcher games did. IGN compared the sim aspects to Deus Ex, would be nice if that wasn’t just shilling. Gameplay is still pretty fucking clunky though.
Shooting with the controler will always look like shit, should play a little better on mouse and keyboard.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

I'll take a Eurojank feel instead of Witcher 3's Hollywood production values if it's more of an RPG. That's a good trade-off IMO.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Eh game looks OK to good. It seems to be Deus Ex HR with an open world and better production value and not much "corridor" design on the area/level. Maybe better RPG system too but that's not shown that much. I am not even sure what you guys are expecting to begin with, really.

Combat feels janky I'll be honest. Probably due the 1st person perspective. Especially that fistfight early in the gameplay.

Trailer gonna trailer and shit blowing up with music is much more exciting than seeing you hacking or being stealthy so I won't worry about it that much.

Still cautiously hyped. My only worry is that my laptop won't be able to run this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom