Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Quillon

Arcane
It is the same voice actor Gavin Drea. It's just that corporate V had a completely different life and Nomad V so, therefore, he should speak differently.

Yeah I just don't hear the difference maybe cos I'm not a native speaker :/
Jackie V relation also reminds me a lot of the Grey warden and Duncan from DAO. Both are the only recurring figures in all origins, he saves you and helps you become a Solo and just like Duncan the prologue ends when he dies

Is that a certainty?

Dodo1610

Arcane
It is the same voice actor Gavin Drea. It's just that corporate V had a completely different life and Nomad V so, therefore, he should speak differently.

Yeah I just don't hear the difference maybe cos I'm not a native speaker :/
Jackie V relation also reminds me a lot of the Grey warden and Duncan from DAO. Both are the only recurring figures in all origins, he saves you and helps you become a Solo and just like Duncan the prologue ends when he dies

Is that a certainty?

I mean he clearly died in the 2018 trailer and he also makes this comment about being bulletproof in the recent trailer, so as far as we know he will die, but who knows maybe there is some way to save him. Even if he survives Johnny takes over his role as your best buddy after the prologue.

StrongBelwas

Cipher
Patron
The most is I can see is that *maybe* Jackie can survive the heist with the right choices but then immediately gets his head blown off when you do the meetup at the hotel. The previews and trailer indicate a pretty different relationship with him each origin and I don't see them accounting for that choice through the entire game.

The most is I can see is that *maybe* Jackie can survive the heist with the right choices but then immediately gets his head blown off when you do the meetup at the hotel. The previews and trailer indicate a pretty different relationship with him each origin and I don't see them accounting for that choice through the entire game.

Unfortunate if so. He seems like a much more likeable and interesting character than Silverhand.

(By which I mean he's alright and Silverhand comes across as a petulant, contrarian manchild.)

Quillon

Arcane
his talk with his mom before entering afterlife could also be a sign, hmn, guess we'll tell his mother

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Though not only the origins are clearly taken from Dragon Age, the Jackie V relation also reminds me a lot of the Grey warden and Duncan from DAO. Both are the only recurring figures in all origins, he saves you and helps you become a Solo and just like Duncan the prologue ends when he dies.
Yeah, I was thinking exactly this too.

If I didn''t know about Johnny Silverhand having the second most voice acting, I wouldn't have ruled out Jackie surviving, but I think there is no way the player could have two mentor figures at the same time.

ChildInTime

Learned
What difference would this make unless there will be PC full monty in the unmodded game? Why not an option for pubic hair color and curliness too if it's all in the minds of players.

But... there is an option for pubic hair customisation.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Some info for our :codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:members
According to Kotaku, the game actually has actually only has 2 genders so only he and she pronouns which are tied to your voice despite saying other things last year. So either they are more based than we thought or they simply realised that they can't get Keanu Reeves to rerecord his lines. Also, fun fact romance options are tied to your genitalia not your gender/voice. You can probably imagine some people have strong opinions about this on the internet.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Let me translate it to you to SJW language:

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE REEEEEEEE RE REEEEEEEEEE RE RE REEEEEEEEEEE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE REEEE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
REEEEEEEEEEE REEEEE REE RE RE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ChildInTime

Learned
Some info for our :codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:members
According to Kotaku, the game actually has actually only has 2 genders so only he and she pronouns which are tied to your voice despite saying other things last year. So either they are more based than we thought or they simply realised that they can't get Kean Reeves to rerecord his lines. Also, fun fact romance options are tied to your genitalia not your gender/voice. You can probably imagine some people have strong opinions about this on the internet.
That's the thing though, the only thing CDPR mentioned was that the choice of gender wasn't tied to the body anymore. They didn't say shit about anything else - that was all in shittakus head - the "no genders", "they" pronouns and "non-binary", a fantasy they masturbated to. God I hate these autistic "journalist" faggots and their twitter simps.

jf8350143

Liturgist
, fun fact romance options are tied to your genitalia
No lesbo stuff? Thousands of people are dissapointed!
No, it means when it comes to sexuality, your genitalia is the deciding factor. You can look like a dude, sounds like a dude, but as long as you don't have a penis the NPC will consider you a female, so you can date a straight male, or a lesbian.

They might still call you Mr V though, since that is decided by the voice type you choose instead of genitalia.

Come to think of it, it's a huge mess. It's going to cause a lot of trouble for them when a lesbian NPC starts to date a "Mr V".

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
No, it means when it comes to sexuality, your genitalia is the deciding factor. You can look like a dude, sounds like a dude, but as long as you don't have a penis the NPC will consider you a female, so you can date a straight male, or a lesbian.
So you're saying the NPCs assume the player's gender? I sense a shitstorm coming...

Dodo1610

Arcane
So you're saying the NPCs assume the player's gender? I sense a shitstorm coming...

Is it offensive these days to look if someone has a bulge or not?

ChildInTime

Learned
Yeah, I think pretty soon it will bite them in the ass, when the woke brigade raises hell on twatter.

jf8350143

Liturgist
I bet they will just recon the whole NPCs have different sexuality thing and make every romance playersexual.

ChildInTime

Learned
I bet they will just recon the whole NPCs have different sexuality thing and make every romance playersexual.
Sasko explicitly said they decided not to do that.
CDPR said a lot of shit that turned out to be false in the past. They'll bend the knee if it comes to that, like the rest of this cucked industry.

It's already starting to make waves on reddit btw, from there it will go to all the usual suspects like resetera.

Dodo1610

Arcane
CDPR said a lot of shit that turned out to be false in the past. They'll bend the knee if it comes to that, like the rest of this cucked industry.

This would mean having to make two versions for each sex scene they won't do that.

ChildInTime

Learned

This would mean having to make two versions for each sex scene they won't do that.
I hope they won't of course. But well... considering everything happening lately, who knows.

ChildInTime

Learned
Here we go.

pPVYEGu.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom