Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Perkel

Arcane
You're saying this and yet you've posted three examples that aren't alike beyond just having narration.

In exact same style which was your point not mine. Like i said already i don't see any resemblence here other than using one of common ways to make trailers which is in use for over 30-40 years in movies and good deals of games used it.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Would want lots of quests that are structured like Beyond the Beef. Don't want to just either negotiate or kill but sneaking and stealing and working with while deceiving and having special content if you are with a certain faction or you have a certain perk or a skill or a companion, and obviously very different outcomes. In short, not making dialogue the only way to branch your quest. Also, huge amount of reactivity whether as a result of a dialogue choice or other gameplay aspect you did. If this was given a decent focus then almost everything else is secondary for me.

Last edited:

Xeon

Augur
You'll have companions? I thought you'll be going solo similar to Witcher.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Yeah in the Eurogamer interview they said there are moments when you get certain companions with you but I don't know if they are only for certain quests or something that's more flexible

Last edited:

Keppo

Arbiter

10:20 - another reason why they choose FPP, their new dialogue system, it sounds really interesting, they were talking about it in 2013 but i thought they will cut it

Big Wrangle

This dude was way more enthusiastic back when he was doing W3 interviews, they must have worked him hard since then.
cd0.jpg

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron

10:20 - another reason why they choose FPP, their new dialogue system, it sounds really interesting, they were talking about it in 2013 but i thought they will cut it

Honestly this might be very cool if was done properly. I've always felt that dialogue systems are generally not that dynamic in a sense that you should always stand face to face with the other npcs to have a conversation or in some situations be in a predetermined animation so conversation while moving or looking around is impossible although that kinda take away some stuff like the perception check if the example he mentioned is what they are trying to go for

Sentinel

Arcane

Interviews with the pathological liar, the grab the kickstarter money and run man, the one and only, coming in the next few days.

Big Wrangle

Interviews with the pathological liar, the grab the kickstarter money and run man, the one and only, coming in the next few days.
Mike Pondsmith had a kickstarter and ran off with the money?
How does that happen in a tabletop? For the most part the game system is already finished the the KS money goes to distribution.

Sentinel

Arcane

Big Wrangle

Welp, there goes all my faith on a hypothetical Cyberpunk 2080 campaign.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom