Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Very good game:

Tbh enemies can trip on bodies is actually pretty cool. It's just the police has poor eyesight and cannot afford enhancement because their salary sucks.

Should've just worked as corporate bouncer

So allegedly, the development had a budget eclipsing even that of GTA5, over the course of 7 years, and all you can dish out is an empty, bug-ridden mess with driving physics bouncier than Chun-Li's jiggly tits. I've read a claim somewhere that the game was actually some year or year and a half in actual development - would definitely explain a lot. Probably burned half the budget on personal dinners and giving blowjobs to Keanu underneath the restaurant table.
One would think the world learned a lesson from Kojimbo and his actor shenanigans and budget burnings.

So allegedly, the development had a budget eclipsing even that of GTA5, over the course of 7 years, and all you can dish out is an empty, bug-ridden mess with driving physics bouncier than Chun-Li's jiggly tits. I've read a claim somewhere that the game was actually some year or year and a half in actual development - would definitely explain a lot. Probably burned half the budget on personal dinners and giving blowjobs to Keanu underneath the restaurant table.
One would think the world learned a lesson from Kojimbo and his actor shenanigans and budget burnings.
Honestly, if you haven't played the game yourself (which you haven't) all you have to go on with is allegations and rumors. Pirate the game on release day and then come tells how shitty it is.

Generic-Giant-Spider

To truly appreciate this game you must look to Reddit and the insane shit those little rascals spew out:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/k8av52/remember_why_you_want_to_play_cp2077/

It's less than 100 hours for the game to officially drop. And I just thought of how afraid I am of just being a dog chasing down a car. I've been following this since the first trailer, and it is easily the most hyped I've ever been for a game since then. Later this week I'll be either a dog who managed to bite a car and have no idea what to do with it, or a guy who who's in for an experience he's been waiting for for the longest time.

I want to trully immerse myself into Night City. I want to create a character that I'll be able to truly connect with. I want to experience CP2077 as intensely as it can possibly, reasonably be. And with this game being an RPG, very likely one of the deepest and most complex ever, the way each person interact with the game can surely hinder or glorify their experience, and I know which of those I want for me.

Take this as a reminder to keep track of how much we waited for this game, but to also not loose sight that with it coming out in just a few days, we should be very active in maintaining our connection to it if we want to be fair with our past selves, who were so hyped up a long time ago.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/k89hbp/can_we_just_make_best_friends/

One thing I've always thought would be cool in a rpg with relationships would be the option to just be best friends with people and maybe they get into their own relationships and you just have a group of friends with like a besty. I dunno, I'm just not trying to bone video game characters but will certainly befriend them

Hehehehehahahahahahahahaha....AAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Honestly, if you haven't played the game yourself (which you haven't) all you have to go on with is allegations and rumors. Pirate the game on release day and then come tells how shitty it is.
cmpnwg6w02w41.jpg

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
To truly appreciate this game you must look to Reddit and the insane shit those little rascals spew out:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/k8av52/remember_why_you_want_to_play_cp2077/

It's less than 100 hours for the game to officially drop. And I just thought of how afraid I am of just being a dog chasing down a car. I've been following this since the first trailer, and it is easily the most hyped I've ever been for a game since then. Later this week I'll be either a dog who managed to bite a car and have no idea what to do with it, or a guy who who's in for an experience he's been waiting for for the longest time.

I want to trully immerse myself into Night City. I want to create a character that I'll be able to truly connect with. I want to experience CP2077 as intensely as it can possibly, reasonably be. And with this game being an RPG, very likely one of the deepest and most complex ever, the way each person interact with the game can surely hinder or glorify their experience, and I know which of those I want for me.

Take this as a reminder to keep track of how much we waited for this game, but to also not loose sight that with it coming out in just a few days, we should be very active in maintaining our connection to it if we want to be fair with our past selves, who were so hyped up a long time ago.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/k89hbp/can_we_just_make_best_friends/

One thing I've always thought would be cool in a rpg with relationships would be the option to just be best friends with people and maybe they get into their own relationships and you just have a group of friends with like a besty. I dunno, I'm just not trying to bone video game characters but will certainly befriend them

Hehehehehahahahahahahahaha....AAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

These people have the easily excitable blithe disposition of children.

For that alone they deserve a broken buggy mess.

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
View attachment 16626
Yes, this is a perfect analogy. We shouldn't check the quality of any videogame ever, because clearly we can know it before release.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
View attachment 16626
Yes, this is a perfect analogy. We shouldn't check the quality of any videogame ever, because clearly we can know it before release.

We do, in fact. At least I do. It's a very simple formula: All Modern Games Are Shit Until Proven Otherwise

Generic-Giant-Spider

This game might be better for the glitch ridden shit it is if you pretend it's a psychedelic cyberpunk-fueled reimagining of Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas.

We were somewhere outside of Night City around the edge of the desert, when the 60 GB day one patch began to download.

BelisariuS.F

Augur
The fact that the day one patch is over 40GB shows that they are not just simply fixing bugs but are still working on the game and it needed another delay.
I wonder why things that already functioned properly in W3 are now bugged (like that npc running on an uneven ground). They must have been doing some serious engine rewrite and still didn't finish it.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
One of CDPRs own prototypes. A low-effort popamole of some kind never even considered for release this early. Too weird to ignore, and too shit to play.

Yosharian

Arcane
I'm beginning to understand why YouTubers were all saying "I didn't like the combat at first, but later on I started enjoying it."

Basically CDPR didn't have the balls to implement a Deus Ex style sway system for unskilled gun users. So they let everyone land their shots regardless of skill, but just make the damage pitiful for low skill users instead.

That's my theory anyway. Too bad it looks utterly retarded to empty an entire clip into someone with little effect just because your 'skill' is low.

I think this whole game is going to reflect that CDPR are trying to have their cake and eat it, and life just doesn't work that way. They're trying to appeal to old school gamers with claims of 'it's a real RPG!' But they don't have the balls to lose the mainstream audience who will reject actual RPG mechanics like DE's.

Well, I don't regret my 35% off preorder because I want to see this clusterfuck for my self. But I'd be lying if I said this game doesn't look like shit right now.

just

Liturgist
hats off to polacks for making a game in 2 months
marcin next time apply mandatory crunch from the start

I quite literally watched at least two hours of Carlos' steam. Sounds like you're coping there, buddy.
Coping with your retardation alright. You can't seem to distinguish between a pre-released journofag copy and a product with 40Gb of patched content. Not saying the game is not shit. It probably is. But you are equally shitty for cringeposting about how the game is bad without having played it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom