Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Cyberpunk 2077 Reviews

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Saw the trailer, I'm guessing it's not the "bladerunner/neuromancer" kind of cyberpunk but the "gay" kind? Good, easy skip :greatjob:

You're a little bit late to the party, ain't ya?

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
The more an SJW/faminazi would screech at a game, the better it must be. It would be the best litmus test for a Codexer approved piece of software.
Don't assume all of the less-positive reviews from the media are because of that stuff though. The PC Gamer and GamesBeat reviews aren't.
Assume.

Someone check if PC Gamer and Gamesbeat gave Disco Elysium high praise, double litmus test.

:popcorn:
Pc Gaymer Disco shitisium: 92/100 XD
https://www.pcgamer.com/disco-elysium-review/

Gaymespot Disco shitisium: 10/10 :lol:
https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/disco-elysium-review-pure-dynamite/1900-6417354/

This is all you need to know.

So looks like Cyberpunk will shape up to be Codex's darling.

1) It's being trashed by at least some mainstream gaming websites like Gamespot for not having enough significant trannie representation.
2) From the IGN review, it seems to resemble first person Fallout 1 with modern graphics, more than anything. Short main quest, with a ton of deep peripheral questlines that all impact your playthrough. The choices you make determine the quests you see, and the endings.

Sounds pretty good tbh, though of course I've yet to play it.

DeepOcean

Arcane
What boundaries were pushed by Fallout 76 ?
Fallout 76 was very ambitious. Fallout 76 was an experiment that pushed the boundaries of human space travel where ship Bethesda was meant to go through a hyperspace portal into the endless jew gold land, unfortunately something gone wrong and it is said that people that entered that cursed ship now floating dead on Saturn's rings had a compulsion to remove their eyes to not see the horrors.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
What boundaries were pushed by Fallout 76 ?
Fallout 76 was very ambitious. Fallout 76 was an experiment that pushed the boundaries of human space travel where ship Bethesda was meant to go through a hyperspace portal into the endless jew gold land, unfortunately something gone wrong and it is said that people that entered that cursed ship now floating dead on Saturn's rings had a compulsion to remove their eyes to not see the horrors.
Sounds like Event Horizon.

Bethesda hq launch day

DeepOcean

Arcane
Man, I dont give a shit to bugs because most of them tend to be fixed over time and those journos have an ax to grind with CDProjeckt, in part because they are SJW little shits and because they want to shit on a popular game for click farming. I'm actually more interested if this is like Deus Ex Human Revolution open world edition as CDProjekt advertised, not that I find the gameplay mechanics of Human Revolution any engaging but that is the minimum popamole I'm willing to tolerate, if they cant even reach that level, I'm not that interested into Cyperpunk GTA.

CootKeeper

Augur
how do tranny review scores compare to non tranny ones? are tranny reviewers harder on the game or is it the other way round?

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
My condolences to people who preordered. LMAO rtards.
Hey mongolian dont trust this man I told you all

DONT BELIEVE IN HIS LIES
0algt2biozu41.png

NE98

Barely Literate
Looks like it's stat-lite, slightly more than Witcher 3.

How so? This actually has stats, whereas W3 had the joke that was the ability and mutagen system.

Does it have stats or is it just a shooter with dialogue?

The 5 main attributes are Body, Intelligence, Reflexes, Technical, and Cool. Each are tied to a perk tree. As far as I can tell, this has more character customization, build variety, and progression than W3 had, but that's not saying much.

I mean I don't see how that's not typical.
Deus Ex doesn't exactly have a trillion different stats to level up either.
Bethesda style immersive sims used to have a crap ton of stats, but I don't really think this game needs that many. For an FPSRPG you don't really need a spreadsheet.
The deal breaker will be the level and quest design and how varied your approach can be, along with how much depth and creativity there is in combining different stat and gear combos.

Is Andrej Przskcksieksicksneksjdksjd (the guy who wrote the Witcha books) going to get any royalties from Cyberpunk? He seemed pretty angry before.

Jinn

Arcane
I mean I don't see how that's not typical.
Deus Ex doesn't exactly have a trillion different stats to level up either.
Bethesda style immersive sims used to have a crap ton of stats, but I don't really think this game needs that many. For an FPSRPG you don't really need a spreadsheet.
The deal breaker will be the level and quest design and how varied your approach can be, along with how much depth and creativity there is in combining different stat and gear combos.

I didn't say there weren't enough attributes at work here. In fact, I'm just relieved to see actual baseline attributes as opposed to the "action adventure with RPG elements" type system we got in Witcher 3. There is a great framework and potential in a limited attribute system. What I'm getting at is that I doubt these attributes are going to be utilized for truly meaningful impact on how you interact with the world as an RPG, mainly based on the very incremental approach to progression presented in the perks that they seem to be the driving force towards. I will be very happy if I'm wrong and my +10% damage dealt with pistols make a large impact on how I play the game, but it's doubtful. We'll see, I guess.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Goral Sin2x Obsequious Approbation AureliusMMXII ZVERMIX this is what you wanted right

https://twitter.com/garnek/status/1288765272896274432
Artur Ganszyniec said:
Rant time. This popped up in the comments to our incoming #WerewolfTheApocalypse game and, oh boy, how am I tired with this shit. So instead of the morning coffee, I'll rant for a while.

How fragile is a masculinity hurt by the mere existence of a woman character?

So many wrong assumptions that I can even. Women play games. Why would we focus on True Male Gamers (TM) when there are so many likeable gamers out there? Women write games. 2/3 of our writing team are women. Why on earth would we write another Rugged Male Hero (TM)?
https://twitter.com/garnek/status/1269170210868736000
Artur Ganszyniec said:
Living far from the US, I don't understand all nuances of the American systemic racism – I've grown in a homogenous society where inequalities, and oppression express differently. Yet it's clear to me that the protesters fight a good fight and need our support #BlackLivesMatter

Semiurge

Cipher
are tranny reviewers harder on the game or is it the other way round?

They are. They must be, lest they betray their faith and be ostracized as traitors. Though to be frank most of those are just sick loners looking to bond via hatewank and mutual fondness of anime crossdressing, not actual trans-sexuals/vestites.

Last edited:

Difera

Educated
bad stuff from polish review that gave it 8/10
- it should be alpha/beta release. Quests are so broken that you are forced to have many saves and reload once you realize that specific mechanics stopped working. Besides t poses get ready for floating and/or cloning weapons on enemy death
- hacking minigame is boring, and gets tedious rly fast. Not a skill that would drive your gameplay 100%. Doesnt rly feel strong. You can tell that reviewer was quite upset about how this skill turned out vs what was promised

Cyberpunk Andromeda. :bounce:

EouQMZGUcAMV0lE

According to PC Gamer, it's actually slightly worse than Andromeda...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom