Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DA2 has leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
FatCat said:
Konjad said:
treave said:
Codex will play anything, even if it's The Witcher 2.

What's wrong with The Witcher 2?

Nothing is wrong with it , treave is either nigger or a faggot.

Butthurt potatofag detected.

Pablosdog

Prophet
I will be playing this piece of shit...why? Because I'm curious, it's like why watch a movie when you know it's bad? Well, same reasoning. It's a horrid train wreck you can't just not watch. I'm VERY curious to get a hand's on look at how badly bioware fucked up. I don't think that makes me a biowhore. I'm not buying the game for fuck's sake.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Jools said:
dextermorgan said:
7. Ally Relations Are Improved
If you did things your allies didn’t approve of in Origins, they didn’t like you. That wouldn’t be a big deal, except that cool companion missions weren’t available unless your approval was high with the appropriate character. In Dragon Age II, you can do these missions regardless of whether your ally loves or hates you. Instead of gating story content, the approval system now bestows passive bonuses. If a party member is your friend, you’ll get one kind of bonus. If that same character is a rival, you’ll get a different one. This way, you get reward whether you’re nice or mean, plus you still get to do all of the quests. Being neutral, however, still has no advantages.

:retarded:

So, do people actually have to do anything at all, to win the game? Do players get a +12CON bonus for just opening the game box, btw?
Retarded? It's the old influence system that was retarded. You were forced to tell a party member what he/she wanted to hear in order to unlock a personal quest of questionable awesomeness. It's not a good example of choices and consequences, but it's an excellent example of bad fucking design.

The new design IS an improvement. At very least it gives you a gameplay reason to treat your companions the way you see fit. There is nothing retarded about rewarding different choices and path, as long as the rewards aren't nearly identical.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Pablosdog said:
I will be playing this piece of shit...why? Because I'm curious, it's like why watch a movie when you know it's bad? Well, same reasoning. It's a horrid train wreck you can't just not watch. I'm VERY curious to get a hand's on look at how badly bioware fucked up. I don't think that makes me a biowhore. I'm not buying the game for fuck's sake.
For a second there you had me worried. I was like "he wants to play this fucking piece of fucking shit game? but why? WHY?!". I'm glad you explained that you're just curious about how bad it is. :brofist:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'll be trying this out, too, just to see if it has any redeeming features. DA1 was okay, it had some good points like the C&C and I'm one of those fags who enjoyed the fade the first time I went through it.

But I don't know if I'll be able to finish it. At the end of DA1 I felt... drained, in some way, by all the filler combat that served for nothing more than stretching out the gameplay time. Haven't played the demo but from what I read it seems they didn't change their encounter design philosophy...

How did they manage to leak the PC version without the activation servers even being online? The reviewers were all taken to Gaider's bedroom to play the full game ffs

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Okay, those who are willing to try it out, how about a group collaboration LP. Those of us who will not touch it get to see it, and those of you who are willing, get to offset any serious SAN damage by having others pick up the mantle in your stead.

Plus, everything is better when done in a group.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Vault Dweller said:
Retarded? It's the old influence system that was retarded. You were forced to tell a party member what he/she wanted to hear in order to unlock a personal quest of questionable awesomeness. It's not a good example of choices and consequences, but it's an excellent example of bad fucking design.

The new design IS an improvement. At very least it gives you a gameplay reason to treat your companions the way you see fit. There is nothing retarded about rewarding different choices and path, as long as the rewards aren't nearly identical.
So killing off faggy Bioware NPCs was no reward? :M
Bonuses for companions that like/hate you suck. Period.
Bioware even started down the road of good design themselves when you could use your coercion skill to change their minds. If they'd made more use of that and scrapped the "suck-up-meter" altogether that would have been serious incline. But as usual, Bio scrapped the wrong thing.

Vault Dweller said:

I'm guessing they will be nearly identical, just the modification of two different stats by the same amount.

It sounds like no matter what you do, they're still going to follow the same plot script and this time there's not even a possibility of them leaving or being killed.

Exmit

Scholar
Key features

Features:

* An entire decade history of the world awaits you and depends on the decisions you take
* Walk the path of a refugee to champion
* Think like a general, Fight like a Spartan with a new dynamic combat mechanics
* Immerse yourself in a world of Dragon Age deeper – by cinematic commercials
* Discover the world of the game with a new level of graphics and detail

:lol:

Vault Dweller said:
Jools said:
dextermorgan said:
If you did things your allies didn’t approve of in Origins, they didn’t like you. That wouldn’t be a big deal, except that cool companion missions weren’t available unless your approval was high with the appropriate character. In Dragon Age II, you can do these missions regardless of whether your ally loves or hates you. Instead of gating story content, the approval system now bestows passive bonuses. If a party member is your friend, you’ll get one kind of bonus. If that same character is a rival, you’ll get a different one. This way, you get reward whether you’re nice or mean, plus you still get to do all of the quests. Being neutral, however, still has no advantages.

So, do people actually have to do anything at all, to win the game? Do players get a +12CON bonus for just opening the game box, btw?

It is an improvement, but that doesn't mean it's still not shit.

A one-axis influence system cannot be anything other than shit. There's only so much you can do with a line.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Hahaha! Check this one out from the scene site I'm downloading it from:

• Announcement for those with Direct X11 Cards and those who Want to know about the Hi Res Option being Greyed out in Options.

BioWare has stated (A Staff Member of there Team) Has said they believe on Monday (March 7th) the High Res Textures will be released to download.

The Reason Why?:
    Cause ATI and Nvidia are both releasing Updates that will help DX11 Cards work better with Dragon Age II. So don't freak out people.

:bravo:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Obsidian: Hey, look at this friend/rival thing we did in Alpha Protocol.
Bioware: Excellent, we will steal it and claim that we invented this new friend/rival system (tm)!"

1. Obsidian didn't create the friend/rival system. Dumbass.

2. Obsdiian steals a lot more from BIO than BIO ever has 'stolen' from Obsidian. Hell, AP's dialogue wheel is stolen from ME. So, is that game's combat, story structure, and everythuing else. Too bad, Obsidian dumbed everything down and made it shit.

They should stick to MOTb since that was actually awesome unlike AP.

dextermorgan

Arcane
Vault Dweller said:
Jools said:
dextermorgan said:

As I haven't played DAO nor had the patience to read the Let's Play to the end I can not comment on the particulars of the "old" system and whether this is an improvement or not. Whether it works in the new game or not depends entirely on the way the companion relationship is handled and the nature of the "awesome" personal quest - that is to say, NO it does not make sense for a companion to invite you to join him/her on whatever quest under ALL circumstances - for example if they hate/mistrust you based on your previous dealings with them. I'm not sure I agree it's bad design to have quests unlock based on how well you treat a particular companion - to me it sounds a lot more logical for a character to invite/ask help of PC that they consider their BFF than one who's guts they hate. I don't think it's the design that's the problem per se, rather the way these things are handled in-game (conversations).

As it stands now, this to me doesn't sound so much an improvement to the game as catering to the instant gratification crowd, a'la Oblivious master of all guilds retardation.

So, :retarded: until proven otherwise.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Vault Dweller said:
Jools said:
dextermorgan said:

My point was, and is, this doesn't make sense. From a "coherence" p.o.v., I can take that if me and my companion get along we both get a bonus, and that's fine, because in combat timing and knowing who's doing what is essential and all that.

But how does one justify the fact that the PC gets a reward even if his henchman hate him? In fact, if my henchmen hate the PC, they should just leave the party for good and the player should be given the option to recruit some mercenaries somewhere, or just make do with what henchmen don't hate him as much.

I am not criticizing the new system as opposite to the old one, as other posters said, they are both shit: only, this new system actually manages to make even less sense, and that is some achievement.

racofer

Thread Incliner
I have stopped the download. The currently available PC release is not a real scene one, but instead a clonedvd release without even an installer. It's just the game files compressed into a .rar file, which means no game folders or reg entries will be properly created thus preventing us from patching the game or installing DLCs.

I will wait for a real release next week. This one will result in trouble.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
racofer said:
I have stopped the download. The currently available PC release is not a real scene one, but instead a clonedvd release without even an installer. It's just the game files compressed into a .rar file, which means no game folders or reg entries will be properly created thus preventing us from patching the game or installing DLCs.

I will wait for a real release next week. This one will result in trouble.

Curiously, even on not-so-scene sites you can find both the clonedvd version and a separate crc by skidrow, although I wouldn't be so sure it's "official".

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom