Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DA2 has leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Jaesun said:
XenomorphII said:
I can see why they are dangerous. The mere sight of them makes me want to gouge my eyes out and vomit profusely.

I thought the first girl was pretty? The other yeah, eye gouging material.

I don't know what it is about her, but something with her makes me go ewww and cringe a bit, though its not as bad as the second thing. (Maybe its the covered in dirt look and the color of the lips?)

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Volourn said:
"C&C is at the same level as in DA:O,"

WTF... is this bullshit? DA2 has way more c&C (espicially the second C hence its capitalization) than DA1 (or AP) ever could wish for.

What fukkin' game did you fukkin' play!?!
Ah, I love these witty comments. Are you enjoying the game Volourn? Is it better than anything Obsidian has put down on the table?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
XenomorphII said:
Jaesun said:
XenomorphII said:
I can see why they are dangerous. The mere sight of them makes me want to gouge my eyes out and vomit profusely.

I don't know what it is about her, but something with her makes me go ewww and cringe a bit, though its not as bad as the second thing. (Maybe its the covered in dirt look and the color of the lips?)

Are you still a virgin?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
" Is it better than anything Obsidian has put down on the table?"

MOTB could have arguably been better if it wans't just an expansion. MOTB has lots going for it so bashing of it from me. SOZ and PA on the other hand.

SOZZY

'nough said.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Jaesun said:
XenomorphII said:
Jaesun said:
XenomorphII said:

Are you still a virgin?

No, why?

Idiott

Arcane
duncan.png

Pelvis Knot

Cipher
Jaesun said:
XenomorphII said:
Jaesun said:
XenomorphII said:

Are you still a virgin?

Are you a fag? :D

kris

Arcane
Volourn said:
"C&C is at the same level as in DA:O,"

WTF... is this bullshit? DA2 has way more c&C (espicially the second C hence its capitalization) than DA1 (or AP) ever could wish for.

I guess all that C&C is bunched up in the latter part or in the end then.

kris

Arcane
torpid said:
Jaesun said:
XenomorphII said:

Hombre, she looks like a crack addict with makeup caked on to hide the bad skin.

That is pretty much it.

Note. i don't actually think all or even the majority of characters should be pretty.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
And that part where 'some quests can be resolved peacefully'

That's fucking bullshit. I had a quest to investigate the mages who are sneaking off at night. Keep in mind I was totally in support of the mages at this point. But guess what happened when I stepped into their little meeting?

"OMG THE CHAMP IS HERE, KILL HIM B4 HE INFORMS THE KNITE COMMANDAH!"

So I thought "Wtf, ok Maybe it's just stupid grunts...they don't know how to communicate."

We butchered 2 dozen mages whom we wanted to help and continue to follow the lead to a warehouse. AND IT FUCKING HAPPENED AGAIN.

I TOLD U THE CHAMP IS FOLLOWING US! AHHHHHH. FIGHT HIM!!!

Again, I butchered 3 dozen of them . Only ONE actually bothered to surrender and talk to explain. "Erm, we thought you were on the Knight Commander's side....so we kidnapped your sister...to have a little bit insurance"

:x

Being STILL a nice guy, I wanted to TALK to the leaders...so I spared this puny guy's life and proceed to where my sister is.

That's where I stumbled upon the disgruntled templars allying with the mages. So I thought "OK, this is finally where this quest can be resolved without violence!" and I stepped to their camp, intent on shedding as little blood as possible.

The templar guy went "Oh, shit. Champ is here. We're sorry, man. We ...we were mistaken. You can have your sis back..."

So far, so good. But...the mage leader, WHOM I SPARED 3 fucking years ago and helped to ESCAPE went "FUck you pussy! KILL THE HOSTAGE, KILL THE CHAMPION!"

What. The . Fuck? WHY? The Templar leader attempted to convince her to stop, but got killed by blood magic as the stupid cunt apostate turned into a demon. And I pretty much was forced to kill ALL of these stupid fucks. NICE CHOICE N CONSEQUENCES THERE BIOWARE.

FUCK YOU VOLOURN. YOUR DEFENSIVE BIOFANNING SHIT ISN'T JUSTIFIED. YOU CALL THIS FUCKING CHOICE?

If you think to counter this example of classic Bioware railroaded bullshit quest chain by saying I did 3 tasks of hunting down dangerous apostates for the Knight Commander and THAT makes me anti-mages by impression YOU ARE WRONG. WHY DO YOU EVEN TRY TO LIE?

Because:

1. I even spoke in support of mages iN PUBLIC. IN the presence of the Circle's First Enchanter.

2. I was totally keeping Anders, who are TOTALLY PRO MAGE ACTIVIST.

3. I HAD NO FUCKING CHOICE TO SPARE THE TWO APOSTATES. The one that was fake, I did spare. BUT IT DOESNT. FUCKING. MATTER.

4. IF you told me "Why did u do the apostate hunting quest if you are in support of mages in the first place ROFFFLES" Guess what, fanboy? IT WAS A MANDATORY QUEST. I ignored the letter from the Knight Cunt completely. I completed ALL SIDE TASK before realizing, after checking my quest journal that this bitch's quest IS MANDATORY.

5. Dragon Age 2 is a classic example of fake choices and consequences and is in no way of improvement over the original Dragon Age. At least in that game ENCOUNTERS DO END WITH NO BLOODSHED if diplomatic avenues are taken. In the sequel, there is no persuasive skills available, all you gotta do is kill kill kill talk, spare the remnants and kill some more. By the time the finale came, I couldn't care anymore and felt I was railroaded into this shit. Those two factions are retarded, and I wanted to walk away from the city. But Nope. No such option, because I was the CHAMPEEN of DICKWALL.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I guess meaningful choices is just another cumbersome RPG element that got streamlined out of DA2.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Jaesun said:
Bioware had meaningful choices in a game before?

Not really meaningful, but DA:O had some choices that made you feel bad about it or at least required you to consider the outcome without thinking of pure good and evil.

[SPOILERZ]

In the "Nature of the Beast" quest in DA:O you help the Dalish with a werewolf problem in their woods. The Dalish Keeper asks for your help because his people are being attacked by these mindless beasts, and for that you must slain Witherfang (the werewolf "leader") and bring him his heart. Once you embark on this quest you encounter some werewolves on your path until you find one that engages in dialog with you. He warns you to back away for his quarrel is with the Keeper Zathrian and his Dalish elves (this dialog is different if you're a Dalish Elf). You proceed and eventually find that werewolf again who you engage in combat until Witherfang intervenes. The werewolves, instead of attacking you, flee to their underground ruins.

As you keep venturing towards your goal you eventually find the werewolf den and Witherfang asks to speak to you. If you agree, you discover that Witherfang is the spirit of the forest, called the Lady of the Forest by the werewolves. She was bound into the body of a silver wolf by Zatharian and cursed to spread the curse of lycanthropy to whoever she bites.

Zatharian's motivation for doing this was that both his children were attacked by humans centuries ago. His son was murdered and his daughter tastefully raped. For revenge he bound the spirit to the wolf and forced her to infect all humans responsible for those crimes. But his revenge was never satisfied and instead of lifting the curse, he damned them into eternal suffering. As a side effect he was also bound to the lady of the forest (in a way) and he got to live for much longer than any other elf.

Once you the Lady of the Forest tells you all of that, she asks you to convince Zathrian to lift the curse. If you do that, it will cost his life as well and you will set free all those humans that once murdered his children as well. The other option is to side with the werewolves and annihilate the Dalish.

So you're faced with three options, neither of which are really good and one apparently evil:
  • Help Zathrian and kill the werewolves, killing a benevolent spirit along with innocent humans and dalish that have been cursed with the werewolf curse;
  • Help the werewolves and the Lady of the Forest, killing all Dalish and Zathrian in the process as revenge for what "the elves did" to many innocents;
  • Convince Zathrian to lift the curse. He dies and the Lady is set free but the werewolves revert back to normal, and you set free a bunch of criminals in the process;

So as you can see, Bioware did make some things right in DA:O.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I agree with racofer and RK47.

Ranking:
DA:O >>> DA2 >>> F3 >>>>>>>>>>> .... >>>>> Arcania

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Consider this - F3 raped a beloved setting and DA2 rapes a generic setting.

Captain Shrek

racofer said:
I'm judging them as standalone games.

Fallout three HAS NOTHING do with the original series except may be its setting and title. So yeah.

Multi-headed Cow

I just hit MY FIRST GOOD MOMENT IN DRAGON AGE 2, and it was all of 3-5 minutes long and packed with a bunch of combat, as is the whole damn game.

The bit where you enter Bartrand's estate, and suddenly find yourself controlling Varric and mowing down dozens of guards before finding your brother, and then the transition into Varric telling the story was nicely done and the first genuine moment in the game that made me smile. Sure as hell isn't worth playing the game for, but I was getting to the point where I thought there wouldn't be ANYTHING I enjoyed in here.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59467 ... B84EF865E/ VARRIC IS HERE TO KICK ASS AND CHEW GUM, AND HE'S ALL OUT OF GUM
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59467 ... A428A785F/ Or maybe he has some more gum.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
it was a homage to a mafia movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom