Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

MapMan

Arcane
I hang out in some developer IRC channels and one of them is frequented by a technical artist who works at From.
Well, my dad works at Nintendo and I get to play all the new games before they come out.
:edgy:

Message me and I can tell you who he is and on what channel. Be careful though, your Miyazaki bubble might burst.

I hang out in some developer IRC channels and one of them is frequented by a technical artist who works at From.
Well, my dad works at Nintendo and I get to play all the new games before they come out.
:edgy:

Message me and I can tell you who he is and on what channel. Be careful though, your Miyazaki bubble might burst.
your claims about outsourcing to chinks is nothing new for example this was made by Chinese artist

rL7sgmy.jpg

It was than used as a Faraam set in DS2. Chinese does not always mean cheap shit.

Check credits for DS1/DS2/BB and than tell me they dont have different teams at FS :lol: Couple months ago they were working simultaneously on Bloodborne+DLCs, DS3 and the new IP for 2017 release.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

At this point, I'm wondering how many broken mechanics are still in the game.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
How is that a broken mechanic? It's just a rare damage type. Probably applies to more than the slugs, maybe stuff like Force or other holy attacks, who knows honestly, too many possible attacks to recall. It's not like it matters, the differences between the different physical resists are trivially low to begin with. It's not like there's some armour with 20 slash but 0 phys resist.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
That big yellow magic barrier that blocks your way to Dukes Archives did not bother you in DS1 ?
The key to Grand Archives appears on Black Hand Gotthard body. NPC that you can summon to fight Abyss watchers/Pontiff. Supposedly he is a guy that was loyal guard to lothric royal family but noticed how fucked up everything is there and tries to escape and helps you.

The yellow barrier didn't bother me just like the locked door doesn't - however, when you get the Lordvessel, you're shown the barriers disappearing specifically because there's no reason to presume they would. It's arbitrary, but at least the effect is obvious. They could've done the same thing for Grand Archive in DS3 and it would've been fine as well, but instead the key just... appears there suddenly. That, to me, speeks of a "barely anyone will sequence break this way so we don't have to give a shit" attitude amongst the designers.

Bradylama

Arcane
Magic seems to be relegated to support status, just like it is in any other kind of RPG. If you're gonna roll with magic you really need to be co-oping.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Does anyone know where and how exactly I can get the dude with the spike armor to invade me? Kirk was his name IIRC.

Bradylama

Arcane
Does anyone know where and how exactly I can get the dude with the spike armor to invade me? Kirk was his name IIRC.

Cathedral of the Deep, the first time you get to the bottom of the arena where the giants are snoozin. Kirk invades you from the side where the cathedral knight is patrolling with a couple thralls.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz

Cathedral of the Deep, the first time you get to the bottom of the arena where the giants are snoozin. Kirk invades you from the side where the cathedral knight is patrolling with a couple thralls.

Hm, I got invaded exaxtly at this same spot by a human player, I hope it didnt fuck that invasion up. I killed both giants and explored the entire bottom level long ago.
Just kinda want his armor for my collection.

Bradylama

Arcane
I dunno if NPC invaders are off-set if you kill the boss. Just go back there in Ember form. Hang out in the square with the clean water, and the flamberge thrall.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Yeah he didnt show up :(

Meh, NG+ then.

Also lol - I just killed 2 guys in pointiff arena with me being heavily gimped, only using a whip, jailer clothing, dark hand and that smoldering iron thing. I actually landed a killing blow with the dark hand offhand special attack. Never managed to do that before :D until some tryhard with katana spam arrived ofcourse

Utgard-Loki

Arcane

4 games, 4 games and jank garbage like this has not been fixed, instead they focused on "dark souls is a hard game you'll die over and over kikiki" bullshit. if only i had known that it would be this kind of blatant buggy cashgrab i would have invested my 30 bucks in something sensible, like more weed or something.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Magic seems to be relegated to support status, just like it is in any other kind of RPG. If you're gonna roll with magic you really need to be co-oping.
Everyone keeps saying this, I think I need to roll a sorc and only level attunement/int to prove otherwise. Though OTOH I haven't tried pyromancy out yet and it's rather tempting. But seriously, I killed the cripple knight without even having ever found dusk's crown, which would have made it WAY easier. None of the other bosses would even be close to being a threat, and you get the best spell in the game from the first mage vendor before you've even found any books.

Btw, you can also safely kill like 95% of the enemies in the game with hidden body and a fucking dagger. Magic too weak derp derp.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Man the Yhorm Fight was such a letdown. Either you cheese him with Stormruler or do almost no damage at all. What about some middleground, that its only possible if you bring Siegward along or so.

Dancer is cool as hell but second stage leaves almost no opening. Spin Spin Spin

Kutulu

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
you can hit Yhorms head for massive damage and riposte him.... You just need a manly big weapon or have some skill with the camera and stabbing.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
How is that a broken mechanic? It's just a rare damage type. Probably applies to more than the slugs, maybe stuff like Force or other holy attacks, who knows honestly, too many possible attacks to recall. It's not like it matters, the differences between the different physical resists are trivially low to begin with. It's not like there's some armour with 20 slash but 0 phys resist.

I stand correct. It's not a broken mechanic. It's more like they did a poor job of explaining defense stuff.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
you can hit Yhorms head for massive damage and riposte him.... You just need a manly big weapon or have some skill with the camera and stabbing.

Cool, that I didnt know. Hope it works in Ng+ too.

Another stupid question, apparently I missed tue way to join those purple phantom guys. Is there any other way? Currently in Lothric Castle. Just beat the Dragonboss there. Whst was up with the crying and the bosses monologue? Goddamn I always feel stupid playing those games.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

4 games, 4 games and jank garbage like this has not been fixed, instead they focused on "dark souls is a hard game you'll die over and over kikiki" bullshit. if only i had known that it would be this kind of blatant buggy cashgrab i would have invested my 30 bucks in something sensible, like more weed or something.

Well, you are right. There is no excuse for that shit.

On the other hand, the game is easy when you follow Miyazaki's design which basically dictates how some mobs must be cheesed.

For example: the Evangelist must be baited with the Alluring Skull. Always use a shield near dogs and so on.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm on a second playthrough and the game experience is completely different.

I'm using a Raw infused Astora sword (which I just realized that is one of the best swords in the game - at least in the beginning) and I'm pumping Vitality like crazy (in fact I have 30 Vitality and the rest of stats are 10 cause I selected Deprived).

Previously I used an Axe/Katana and some armor (equip load >50%) and I really struggled with the game. Now, it's easy mode. I'm killing everything with minimal risk. I can stun Black Knights !? and I don't even need to parry them just slash-slash-slash.

I'm actually enjoying the game. But honestly, I don't get it. This build is way better than what I had before. The fast sword and the equip load <30% seem to be critical.

Last edited:

Kutulu

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
Cool, that I didnt know. Hope it works in Ng+ too.

Another stupid question, apparently I missed tue way to join those purple phantom guys. Is there any other way? Currently in Lothric Castle. Just beat the Dragonboss there. Whst was up with the crying and the bosses monologue? Goddamn I always feel stupid playing those games.

Only other way is to Sirris quest, if you cant do her quest because you are to deep in the game then its over on this NG.

Sirri is the Chick in white, you can look for her summoning sign on the bridge to Irrithil (<or whatever its called)

Mystary!

Arcane
I'm on a second playthrough and the game experience is completely different.

I'm using a Raw infused Astora sword (which

Previously I used an Axe/Katana and some armor (equip load >50%) and I really struggled with the game. Now, it's easy mode. I'm killing everything with minimal risk. I can stun Black Knights !? and I don't even need to parry them just slash-slash-slash.
Also just knowing that you can stunlock everything as long as you get the first hit in makes a huge difference. The first time you still kinda respected larger monsters, atleast I did in the beginning, stuck in the old ways of letting them attack first and wait for an opening - that never comes.
No poise really seems to be the main offender. I think I'll save my next play through until it's enabled.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom