Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

Silverfish

Arbiter
Well, killed the Champion. I tried to do it "legit" but he has WAY too many bullshit combos in the second phase so i just parried the shit out of him. Cool boss, sad i had to do it this way but i ran out of patience after he kept hitting me with combos before i even managed to get up after he slammed to the ground.

I remember getting extremely salty back when I first played DS3 and got to the Champion. Like full-on DSP "why am I playing Dark Souls while this guy is playing Tekken?" levels.

Welcome to DS3 confusion central known as poise. Brought you by idiots on and shortly after release. Half of DS3 people still believe that DS3 has "hyper armor" like DeS and there is no actual poise in game.

That's actually a pretty fair takeaway though. DS3 poise depends on so many intermingling factors rather than grug-brained "big armor deflect puny weapons" simplicity that chalking it up hyper-armor on large weapons is not only more expedient, but nearly always correct in actual practice anyway.

Too much fanservice!

It's not even that there's too much, but it's inserted seemingly at random. DS3 isn't as considered as its predecessors.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I'm at the fucking teleporting boss. Gonna try after launch as i did the whole Archives and died on him before even getting to the second phase. Too beaten down after going through those fucking Gargoyles.

Going to be annoying learning how to fight him since i have to take two different elevators to get to him.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Killed the faggot twins, at 75 with a +6 weapon. Fuck you game, ain't taking none of your shit now!

So what happens now? I got a pair of eyes i can give to the fire keeper, the shit is that? People say give her the eyes then killer her? Why? Do i give a shit about endings (i still have no fucking clue what the story even is)? Can i cure my sigils?

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Fuck you game, ain't taking none of your shit now!

Go to Ariandel now and fuck with Friede.

I got a pair of eyes i can give to the fire keeper, the shit is that? People say give her the eyes then killer her?

If you want bad ending - yes. However you can give eyes to her and then in the end still have a good ending, it depends on another choice in the end (call her or not).

Can i cure my sigils?

Yes, but it costs a lot and not sure why bother doing this.

Perkel

Arcane
So what happens now? I got a pair of eyes i can give to the fire keeper, the shit is that? People say give her the eyes then killer her? Why? Do i give a shit about endings (i still have no fucking clue what the story even is)? Can i cure my sigils?

Depends on what you did. There are as many lords of cinders as there are thrones in Firelink Shrine. Moreover if you played without any tips you probably missed one of the coolest and the hardest fights in base game hint: You have to use gesture to get to that area.

Then there is DLC if you didn't do it which is imho really good. One is shorter other one is longer but imho the shorter one is better due to the hardest boss fight in whole souls series and imho the best rivaling S&O fight.

To get to DLC you have to go to chapel in cathedra for the first one before bonfire you will find one dude who prays there and will send you to DLC other one is at literally end of the game before last boss fight in Kiln of The first flame.

As for endings, imho they are the coolest of whole series simply because Souls series end they can put final note on games if player wants t. As for story itself DS3 is much easier to understand it than ether of two previous DS games though which ending you will get will not be some concious choice first time you do it as some of the endings require some different stuff.

Yes you can cure your sigils but you will lose what they give you (free levels).

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So i decided to visit the Archdragon Peak as i had forgotten about it and the dragon killed itself? WTF? I was just killing random mobs, and suddenly he died.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
The best ending is attained by giving the eyes to the fire keeper and then choosing a certain option available from new dialogue with her. Also, you need to refrain from killing her at the game's conclusion, which shouldn't be too difficult. :M

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Maaaaaan the King of Storm.

The dragon fight is the usual bullshit with giant bosses. Fucked up hit box, constantly losing lock on, camera going apeshit, it's a mess. Luckily, i switched to a pure faith build a while back and at point blank range i do like 744 damage to its head, its amazing, i even manage to stagger it so i can riposte.

And then, i get to the King and he has so much lighting resistance i do like 77 damage a hit with my Lotric Lighting sword lmao. Jesus of Christ. I actually do more damage with a raw Lotric sword i made for buffing. With Darkmoon Blade i do like 289 damage a hit but i have to pull some amazing ninja switching to apply the buff before he fucks me up after the dragon dies. Even so it's going to take me forever since he seems to have more health than the fucking flying bird did. So i basically have to do some flawless dodging for like 10 minutes straight if i want to take him down, especially after the buff runs out.

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
in what perverted sense it's "the best ending"?
The First Flame quickly fades.
Darkness will shortly settle.
But one day, tiny flames will dance across the darkness.
Like embers, linked by lords past.

Ashen One, hearest thou my voice, still?

ucblr0.jpg

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
in what perverted sense it's "the best ending"?
The First Flame quickly fades.
Darkness will shortly settle.
But one day, tiny flames will dance across the darkness.
Like embers, linked by lords past.

Ashen One, hearest thou my voice, still?

ucblr0.jpg

I'm not sure that these words are not just anesthesia before total and final blackness devouring the life itself.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well, i did it. Made a dark Lotric sword since hitting him with my raw sword was like pocking him with a tooth pick. So Lotric Knight Sword +6 with dark infusion i hit him for like 213 a pop. Took about 10 minutes to kill him (may more, felt like an eternity), like i said. Fuck. I did it, but i think i turned hollow in real life in the process. :negative:

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Well, i did it. Made a dark Lotric sword since hitting him with my raw sword was like pocking him with a tooth pick. So Lotric Knight Sword +6 with dark infusion i hit him for like 213 a pop. Took about 10 minutes to kill him (may more, felt like an eternity), like i said. Fuck. I did it, but i think i turned hollow in real life in the process. :negative:

Just don't mistake booze for your Ember!

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom