Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

Silverfish

Arbiter
giphy.gif

Seems appropriate considering you start the fight by hitting a dragon in the balls.

Silverfish

Arbiter
You actually might in the Ashes dlc, seeing as some people will go there early to pick up weapons or upgrade materials.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I got 43 chuncks lmao. I'm just... reticent. I didn't want to end up like DS2 where i finished the game at like SL 210. Maybe i over did it, but i'm also planning to take this character to NG+ and i wanted to save some "progression" for that. It's the only reason i never play new plus games, it's because the character is done what's there to do?

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
I got 43 chuncks lmao. I'm just... reticent. I didn't want to end up like DS2 where i finished the game at like SL 210. Maybe i over did it, but i'm also planning to take this character to NG+ and i wanted to save some "progression" for that. It's the only reason i never play new plus games, it's because the character is done what's there to do?

I overdone my character and ragequitted NG+ after killing Gundyr with 3 hits.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
The only reason to play NG+ in DS3 is to reach NG+7 and summon Holy Knight Hodrick in the Road of Sacrifice, so that you can sit back and relax while he takes care of 2-3 invaders at the same time, one-shotting every single one of them thanks to his overinflated stats and his broken flamberge:

(around 1:25 he one-shots two enemies with a single attack)

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
The only reason to play NG+ in DS3 is to reach NG+7 and summon Holy Knight Hodrick in the Road of Sacrifice, so that you can sit back and relax while he takes care of 2-3 invaders at the same time, one-shotting every single one of them thanks to his overinflated stats and his broken flamberge:

(around 1:25 he one-shots two enemies with a single attack)

You mean, to complete game six fucking times just to laugh at the PvP bastards?
God-tier autism

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
You mean, to complete game six fucking times just to laugh at the PvP bastards?
God-tier autism
Once you have mastered the game, a run through the main content (4 lords of cinder and last boss, skipping everything else) doesn't require more than 3-4 hours. But yeah, God-tier autism seems an accurate description.

Also, I said that it's the only reason, not that it's a good one. :smug:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

I overdone my character and ragequitted NG+ after killing Gundyr with 3 hits.

See, that's what i mean.

And so far it feels the damage i'm doing to bosses is in the "normal" range, and that includes the King of Storms. Only with the Nameless King himself i felt like the weapon was too weak, for the first time, but i managed all the same.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
BTW, can anybody tell me WTF is this shit?

https://www.pcgamer.com/dark-souls-3-ringed-city-ring-locations/

So you can find all the best version of those rings in NG? Lmao wat?
Yes, +3 versions of certain rings are in the Ringed City DLC. Incidentally, these rings are also the only ones I care about: Havel, Cloranthy, Favor, and both serpents.

What's funny is that there's the +3 Wolf ring, just to make all that farming for the wolf covenant completely pointless.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Apart from being campy, Ringed City is very beautiful and challenging location and it is also the only location with constant FPS drop (when "outdoors") even on my killer PC.

Also it got some real fuckers who invade professionally, using all the advantages of the terrain.

darksouls3_2046783b.jpg

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BTW, can anybody tell me WTF is this shit?

https://www.pcgamer.com/dark-souls-3-ringed-city-ring-locations/

So you can find all the best version of those rings in NG? Lmao wat?
Yes, +3 versions of certain rings are in the Ringed City DLC. Incidentally, these rings are also the only ones I care about: Havel, Cloranthy, Favor, and both serpents.

What's funny is that there's the +3 Wolf ring, just to make all that farming for the wolf covenant completely pointless.

But why? That just makes playing new plus games even more pointless. It feels really cheap. At least DS2 had that ascetic mechanic, which made more sense. I guess they did it to boost PvP population?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Man i wish i hadn't discovered you can get infinite respec i'm hooked to this shit now.

I just set my vitality to 30 so i can wear the Faraam Set. Apparently armor is completely useless but that set looks SOOO good with my Lothric Shield and Artoras Greatsword lul.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Honestly though i hope they bring back build variety with Elder Ring the fact DS3 uses the exact same system as Bloodborne for armor is extremely cheap, not the least because i'm sure the reason is that they didn't feel like updating the engine. It just smacks of disinterested laziness.

I just killed the boss with the wolf in the painted world and with the Artoras Greatsword i found it quite difficult i then tried the Lothric Sword and i killed the guy before the wolf even reached our spot lmao fast weapons are just OP in this game.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ok, this is the most bullshit boss in the entire series. I mean ok three stages but why the fuck the second one has to be 25 fucking minutes long. It's not even hard i just gotta wait for the AI to decide to move away from each other, which sometimes it never happens.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Ok, this is the most bullshit boss in the entire series. I mean ok three stages but why the fuck the second one has to be 25 fucking minutes long. It's not even hard i just gotta wait for the AI to decide to move away from each other, which sometimes it never happens.
Are you still playing with a +6 weapon or something? The second phase shouldn't last more than a minute (or two at worst), if you focus the big guy.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I'm at +9 but it doesn't matter. Just takes too fucking long.

So i decided to take a break and do the other DLC, and there again another boss with a bullshit second phase preceded by an even more excruciatingly long and boring session. So i guess that's the thing now, the new way From can see how "gud" you can get: by testing your patience to the limits and see how well you can handle boredom.

I'm back to do the bare feet thot and my brain isn't even engaged in the first two phases, it's like i'm not even playing the game, it's all automatic, might as well be a long loading screen just so i can get 2 minutes of practice with the third phase until i die to a combo i didn't expect. Rinse and repeat until i finally manage to master the third phase.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
So i decided to take a break and do the other DLC, and there again another boss with a bullshit second phase preceded by an even more excruciatingly long and boring session. So i guess that's the thing now, the new way From can see how "gud" you can get: by testing your patience to the limits and see how well you can handle boredom.
The demons are a pain in the ass. If you want to have an easier time with them, use the warden twinblades: bleed procs very fast on demons and deals a good chunk of damage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom