Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

Villagkouras

Arcane
Fuck me. Fuck me! I was so relieved when I killed the fucking drake of Nameless King and thought I'd never see him again but when I came back. Fuuuuuuck!

Perkel

Arcane
Fuck you people, dirty cunts. You told me game is almost completely linear etc. And yet i started to read about things and:

- missed few bosses.
- missed almost all NPCs.

Immidietly switched off reading mode. Don't want to ruin fun when i will explore world with other chars.

not me but:

o2vejGG.jpg

apperently there is banwave ongoing. People so far don't know what is causing it. Personally i am using borderless gaming. I would be pissed off if this would cause ban...

Got that too, can still invade as usual. Dunno what is up.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
You won't find the important hidden area with the best boss in the game by yourself, so may as well read on.

I actually did find it by myself.

The moment I got the appropriate gesture I remembered the little stone dragon on the mountain road to the Ithyrill dungeon sitting in the same exact position and also the empty rug next to him. I went straight there and this time waited a bit. (That's how I missed the return to the Asylum in DS1 because you have to wait in that nest like 20 seconds which is pretty nasty puzzle).

Mystary!

Arcane
Since I finished the game solo I'd like to try a gimped pyro/magic build and take advantage of the NPC summons for a change. Problem is, how the fuck can you tell which are the NPC summon signs? All boss areas are lit up like christmas trees and they all look the same to me?

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Since I finished the game solo I'd like to try a gimped pyro/magic build and take advantage of the NPC summons for a change. Problem is, how the fuck can you tell which are the NPC summon signs? All boss areas are lit up like christmas trees and they all look the same to me?

Usually the NPC summons are off away from the gate.. where all the sun bros are spamming their soap signatures.

I like that NPC summons are mostly optional for bosses (except one) in order to push their story lines. I hated having to bring those tards along in DS2.

praetor

Arcane

play offline (at least for the boss... it's probably more trouble than it's worth, but it's the only way to make sure...)

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Been enjoying the game so far, did some pvp last nite and got medieval on some asses with the damn estoc :D
Taking my time and trying different builds, so far assassin and warrior are my favorites...knight is ok but definetly feels like the game is tailored for more all out combat chars but still he is good.
Still super butthurt over the fact armors are no longer upgradable; that allowed the less skilled players (like me) to have a better chance in tougher battles to take one orntow extra hits rather than rely on twitch reflexes, plus it meant that a favorite piece of armor could make it all the way to the end of the game... I mean look at the pyro armor it looks like chief wahoo but someone might like to have his char look like that thought the game without having it actively hurt their gameplay regardless of fashion souls

If you wanna cheat, pull your ethernet cable. Even when playing offline, FROM can see you through the internets.

Malpercio

Arcane
Almost done with the game now, 1 optional area left and the final boss. Missed some questlines and items tied to it, it probably is the most "hard" DS in regard to it. You equip the wrong covenant item? Say goodbye to X quest, wopsie.

Lore... feels kinda disappointing. Relies way too much on DS1, the Fire Keeper is such a boring chara and overall it's very vague, even more than usual. People bitched so much about DS2, but I don't think will bitch about it since Holy Miyazaki is behind it.

Late game enviroment was a step up compared to the beginning.
The prisons
was probably my favorite, too bad it has no boss so it's impossible to get any sunlight medal from it. DS2 really had the best co-op, in that regard, with the small soapstones and the "mini bosses". Ashen estus mechanic is also not kind to use mages and makes long session impossible if you don't melee.

Speacking of co-op... what the fuck is up with tying your invasion/co-op range to your max weapon upgrade? I'm barelly seeing signs now (But I still get instant summons, at least)

Malpercio

Arcane
Also, is there any advantage in wearing light/sorcery armor this time around? Felt like the whole armor system got fucked up in favor of fashion souls.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
On the note of Irithyll Dungeon, I was massively disappointed in the Profane Capital only being like three rooms and a sidepath with some toxic sludge. That whole area looked really cool and had an amazing atmosphere. Couldn't we have gotten more of that instead of an Anor Londo retread?

Malpercio

Arcane
Told you guys do the pvp after pontiff room people dueling and summoning all the time. The best pvper are there and its really fun , people invading me are not nearly as good. Only frustrated little kids wanting to gank are doing invasions . Now the weak point of pvp is magic, i dont see any interest into playing a magic user, its good for pve , but atrocious for pvp.

Great, so decent PvP is restricted to a single location (assuming you're right). I would have followed your advice but I stopped checking this thread a few days ago to avoid spoilers.

One location yes and covenants are pretty much useless. If only they had designed the game around big hubs you have to cross , for exemple farron wood, no one going to go back there to cross ever or any reasons at all . So theres nothing to kill for the watchdogs. It could have been so easy to make pvp more signifcant and common.Things doesnt change in NG+ either .

... How is different from DS1 Avina/Sif covenant?

Leechmonger

Arbiter
I'm currently on my third attempt on
The Nameless King
. Target lock no longer works. Look, I don't expect the lock to work when the dragon flies far away, but just raising his head slightly should not disengage the lock. Thankfully the first part of the fight is easy. Unfortunately the second part of the fight somehow suffers from the same problem. Any time he rushes past me (either from the air or on the ground) the target lock just gives up.

I've complained about shitty camera angles in the past, but losing target lock that easily is a whole new level of retardation. How do you suddenly fuck that up after five games?

Miyazaki was the B team all along.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the framerate tanks at random throughout that level.

Farron Keep is a huge area so finding your target can be a pain in the ass if they just stay put (taking or dealing damage gives them away). I'm speaking from a normal invasion standpoint, I've never been summoned as a Watchdog invader.

But you're right, in both DS1 and DS3 the area covenants protect a location that players only need to cross once. There was room for improvement there, but instead they remained the same. And they made other covenants worse to boot. And to add insult to injury they straight up removed one covenant,
the dragon one even though they included Archdragon Peak in the game, what the fucking hell.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
Told you guys do the pvp after pontiff room people dueling and summoning all the time. The best pvper are there and its really fun , people invading me are not nearly as good. Only frustrated little kids wanting to gank are doing invasions . Now the weak point of pvp is magic, i dont see any interest into playing a magic user, its good for pve , but atrocious for pvp.

Great, so decent PvP is restricted to a single location (assuming you're right). I would have followed your advice but I stopped checking this thread a few days ago to avoid spoilers.

One location yes and covenants are pretty much useless. If only they had designed the game around big hubs you have to cross , for exemple farron wood, no one going to go back there to cross ever or any reasons at all . So theres nothing to kill for the watchdogs. It could have been so easy to make pvp more signifcant and common.Things doesnt change in NG+ either .

Its different compare to lets say bell keepers http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Bell+Keepers , theres more rewards and there was a reason to go there for titanite.It was a lot more active. You would expect dark souls 3 to improve on every aspects not going backwards.new covenants gets you two items and you are never summoned.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
On the note of Irithyll Dungeon, I was massively disappointed in the Profane Capital only being like three rooms and a sidepath with some toxic sludge. That whole area looked really cool and had an amazing atmosphere. Couldn't we have gotten more of that instead of an Anor Londo retread?
Well, that would have required more development time, so... no? We could have gotten more of that instead of, I dunno, the great swamp or something, which was also all new assets.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I did about 20 invasions last night and I'm actually having fun. Most people don't seem to know about the Lloyd's Talisman's (or whatever they're called in this game) and basically forfeit the win by trying to heal.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I did about 20 invasions last night and I'm actually having fun. Most people don't seem to know about the Lloyd's Talisman's (or whatever they're called in this game) and basically forfeit the win by trying to heal.

No man, healing this time around is actually viable if you marginally know what you're doing. A constant chugger CAN whittle you down eventually.

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
You equip the wrong covenant item? Say goodbye to X quest, wopsie.

C&C :smug:

Although that might be seen as a good point, and it is so gameplay-wise, but I'm kinda disappointed you don't get spanked for "betraying" covenants, or that covenants are basically just an option you activate in the inventory.

I liked the way it worked before, they had some scenery to them. They still do in this one, but i find them lacking nonetheless :(

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
I'd consider it a problem if these quests/story arcs were necessary for the game to be fun. It's just extras, it's there for reroll or NG+ and stuff, it's not like it's the first time some cryptic events are put in these games.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Do you still get

Orbeck's ashes

if you don't summon him to fight the boss at Lothric Castle?

On my strength char I killed him at the end of my NG and I got his ashes. But without all the scrolls you have to bring him there isn't much to buy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom