Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Darkest Dungeon Pre-Release Thread

Viata

Arcane
In all seriousness though I don't think anyone on these boards is much interested in mods/modders of any kind after Drog pissed them off a few years ago and even if I were wrong about that this conflict is still ongoing.
You are so wrong.
Here, we even got a forum just for this( and other things): http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?forums/codex-workshop.37/
We love modders dramas/metldown, btw. You just need to not be boring.

Rekt Hook themselves is just a running joke at this point
Not for us. You are the running joke here. You even stalk yourself to see what people say about you and a game you clearly hate so much. That is a cry for help if I've ever seen one.

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
Rekt Hook
Please stop. It wasn't clever the first time and after the 400th time it's beyond tired. Be angry, be insulting, be indignant, but please don't be boring.

It's fitting. Lacking substance, stupid and repetitive. Just like them.

In all seriousness though I don't think anyone on these boards is much interested in mods/modders of any kind after Drog pissed them off a few years ago and even if I were wrong about that this conflict is still ongoing.
You are so wrong.
Here, we even got a forum just for this( and other things): http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?forums/codex-workshop.37/
We love modders dramas/metldown, btw. You just need to not be boring.

Rekt Hook themselves is just a running joke at this point
Not for us. You are the running joke here. You even stalk yourself to see what people say about you and a game you clearly hate so much. That is a cry for help if I've ever seen one.

Could have fooled me with the groupthink shitposts derailing what was otherwise a productive and interesting discussion and would have stayed that way but people were more interested in trolling so they eventually got trolling.

And if I see a sudden burst in negative attention I will wonder what provoked it. I found out by Googling myself, which I find hilarious because despite your pretentious misplaced beliefs I don't have an ego so I got a good laugh when I seen that "Darkest Dungeon Celerity" was a popular auto complete search. I had another when the first result was a former shill admitting I had the right of it. I had more of a laugh when I saw that Reddit - that groupthink haven I quit thinking about months ago was still actively raging about me even now and that was the source of the cross forum stalking and trolling. Meanwhile I'm looking at the individuals responsible and don't even recognize most of the names, they have no community presence.

I probably should Google myself more often - it revealed a lot of hilarious rage, some of it on forums I've never posted on or heard of. You want comedy gold, do that.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
We need a MODDER DRAMA tag to advertise threads like this. Celerity, really dude, you're deluded. Sorry to say it like this but you really need to move on... Those convoluted logic, phrases like:

Quitting now is like beating down my enemies in the most spectacular manner possible and then showing mercy at the end.

and

And if I see a sudden burst in negative attention I will wonder what provoked it. I found out by Googling myself

That's obsession, right there. You're the only one, as far as I can tell, who sees things this way. Each other human who looks at you or reads what you wrote? They just see defeat, your defeat.
Listen, I know I've been harsh above, but just listen to what me and others already told you here. Move on. This whole thing is conditioning you, you're losing your mind for a frickin' indie game ffs.
This is the last you'll hear from me about this topic, I never ignored anyone but I won't be talking to you about this obsession of yours anymore.

PS: I still think your math is wrong and you pull number out of your ass. Don't delude yourself thinking you won an argument here or the cycle will never end for you.

Last edited:

duanth123

Arcane
The designer of this game. He goes on and on about how he's a rocket scientist and is great at math, yet most of the balance problems are basic mathematical failures an average 5 year old child will catch. Doesn't prevent him from defending his own poor choices though.

If this were merely a shitty game I'd have done that a long time ago. You won't see me rage about Diablo 3 for example. Terrible, clueless design, but the devs and community never made it personal and neither did I. In all seriousness though I don't think anyone on these boards is much interested in mods/modders of any kind after Drog pissed them off a few years ago and even if I were wrong about that this conflict is still ongoing. Hell, there's about five separate Reddit threads raging about me right now. Why? Because clearly it's my fault the negative reviews have 1,250 votes on them. So much lies and rage about me (reviews from 2014, release date Feburary 3rd 2015 LMFAO) - and if I didn't stalk myself I'd have never noticed their rage threads and threads promoting stalking me because I dismissed Reddit as another 4chan months ago. Their dismissals are growing so desperate they completely disregard basic facts such as "Every single most helpful review is made within the last month, the last major patch was exactly a month ago so every displayed review is relevant." Or ya know, recent reviews must predate the game and not be relevant anymore.

Quitting now is like beating down my enemies in the most spectacular manner possible and then showing mercy at the end. That is not happening. Rekt Hook themselves is just a running joke at this point - it's their supporters that are fueling my damage control efforts at this point.

Oh and as for the Xulima project itself it's been on an unannounced pause, mostly because no other challenge gamers have contacted me with an interest in my work and I've been busy with either the Derpest Drama or other games I had no hand in making at all.

It's fitting. Lacking substance, stupid and repetitive. Just like them.

Could have fooled me with the groupthink shitposts derailing what was otherwise a productive and interesting discussion and would have stayed that way but people were more interested in trolling so they eventually got trolling.

And if I see a sudden burst in negative attention I will wonder what provoked it. I found out by Googling myself, which I find hilarious because despite your pretentious misplaced beliefs I don't have an ego so I got a good laugh when I seen that "Darkest Dungeon Celerity" was a popular auto complete search. I had another when the first result was a former shill admitting I had the right of it. I had more of a laugh when I saw that Reddit - that groupthink haven I quit thinking about months ago was still actively raging about me even now and that was the source of the cross forum stalking and trolling. Meanwhile I'm looking at the individuals responsible and don't even recognize most of the names, they have no community presence.

I probably should Google myself more often - it revealed a lot of hilarious rage, some of it on forums I've never posted on or heard of. You want comedy gold, do that.
You should play Underrail. Let it soothe your body and mind. Maybe even consider a difficulty mod, if modifiable.

Celerity

Mata: Yes, because if I were nothing they wouldn't rage. It's called common sense. Get some. Along with math skills. You'd fit right in iwith their 800 something = 8 logic. The shills are keeping this going, both in providing me continued motivation and for doing a better job of driving off the new people by raging about me than anything I'm doing. Honestly, if it weren't for them I'd have gotten bored of the same tiresome uninspiring fail from the devs by now and let them rot alone. But nope.

duanth: Assuming that's not also a troll post, what is that?

duanth123

Arcane
Mata: Yes, because if I were nothing they wouldn't rage. It's called common sense. Get some. Along with math skills. You'd fit right in iwith their 800 something = 8 logic. The shills are keeping this going, both in providing me continued motivation and for doing a better job of driving off the new people by raging about me than anything I'm doing. Honestly, if it weren't for them I'd have gotten bored of the same tiresome uninspiring fail from the devs by now and let them rot alone. But nope.

duanth: Assuming that's not also a troll post, what is that?

http://www.underrail.com/

Celerity

I was worried for a moment you meant Undertale but got the spelling wrong. That game seems good but not one I'm personally interested in. The comparisons with Fallout were the deal breaker - don't remind a modder of games that are complete shit without the modders they lean on if you wanna impress them. After all, if I wanted bad design enabled for free there is still Derpest and I hope there's no further questions what I think of that.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Are modders just required to be insane assholes or something? Or are we just lucky enough to attract all the crazy ones here?

Celerity

Never trust someone who shits on Underrail. While not GOTY, it's better than any game on EA.

"Better than Early Access" is a low bar. The fact remains comparisons with Fallout = nope on out of there. I'm not looking for a "fixer". Even if it were the best game ever post apoc settings are so trite and boring so I'd still be disinterested for subjective reasons. But in case you didn't notice I'm not concerned with going along with groupthink narratives, especially when I don't even know what they are. Also, if you had some reading comprehension skills you'd notice I said it seemed good but I was turned off by the Fallout references. I know you're incapable of seperating objectivity and subjectivity and cannot even fathom the concept of recognizing that a game is probably well made while still not being one that you would personally enjoy but I can and that is what seperates scum of the earth games like Derpest from routine drek from good but don't want from good but do want.

Celerity

I know you're incapable of seperating objectivity and subjectivity
This coming from someone that can't move on from something that he himself hates is way too funny.

Uh huh. And let's flip that right back around.

People bitch when I don't just "walk away from a thing I don't like". Then I do exactly that and people bitch that I did so. Show some fucking consistency. Either you respect my well reasoned, polite declination, or you just want angry troll posts.

And as for the Fallout shit, how about instead of immediately banging out an attack post you explain how Fallout 2 (which is the specific one mentioned) differs from the Bethesda drek in a way a logic/mechanics driven person would actually give a fuck about. Because you can try convincing me but right now a Codex endorsement is like a warning.

Celerity

So, derailment aside back on this game. Reddit is engaging in a vote manipulation campaign prompted by the developers themselves. This has resulted in 70 negative reviews being buried, and 15 positive reviews artificially inflated over the last 2 days. Often the targets of this will acquire votes at the same speed or faster than the current number 1 review which is what everyone who clicks the store page and looks down sees first. This is all very brazen and talked about openly in several threads, while they brag about how many sales they get (read: poor saps they trick) as if they were working on commission for Rekt Hook. Makes the half serious accusations of shilling a bit disturbing doesn't it?

Meanwhile the simple truth of the matter is that positive reviews are the outdated ones, most of the "positive" reviews written more recently aren't actually positive reviews of the game, they're just telling you that you should dismiss the negative reviews. Only reviews from the last month are shown on the most helpful page followed by most helpful of all time so old reviews, anything more than a month old (read: before the latest shit patch) will be buried regardless of popularity.

Celerity

I've already informed Jim Fucking Sterling Son. More curator groups could never hurt. And the posts are right there in the open, anyone can see them. Sure there's nothing that directly says "Hey guys, could you downvote everything for us?" but it's pretty obvious after suggesting a downvote campaign exists and then not preventing one of their own they condone this behavior.

Celerity

Thank you for the useful and helpful post by the way. I wasn't aware this group existed and have already contacted them. Now instead of this trolling and snark and shitposts back and forth, could we keep talking like this? Sure I can be a complete asshole but that doesn't mean I enjoy it, nor do I want conversations with seemingly intelligent people going the same way as the random idiots I encounter constantly.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
BTW, if you want to truly understand how batshit insane Celerity is, just go into the darkest dungeons steam reviews and browse the comments to the top negative ones. You won't be disappointed, believe me. I'm not sure if that dude has anything in his life ATM but shitting on the Darkest Dungeon.

If they'll ever find this Tyler Sigman dead in some ditch with about one thousand knife wounds applied, you'll know whom to blame. Shouldda start with some tasteful death threats, though.

Viata

Arcane
BTW, if you want to truly understand how batshit insane Celerity is, just go into the darkest dungeons steam reviews and browse the comments to the top negative ones. You won't be disappointed, believe me. I'm not sure if that dude has anything in his life ATM but shitting on the Darkest Dungeon.
Clicked on the first top negative. 109 comments, 41 from celerity. Not even the guy who did the negative review posted that much. I said this guy needed help.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected

If they'll ever find this Tyler Sigman dead in some ditch with about one thousand knife wounds applied, you'll know whom to blame. Shouldda start with some tasteful death threats, though.
large.jpg

Okay now this thread is getting good.

EDIT: Bonus round. Just google Darkest Dungeon and ctrl-f for Celerity on any article or webpage that allows comments. Not even joking.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom