Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Darkest Dungeon Pre-Release Thread

skyst

Augur
There is an unparalleled case of butthurt going on in this thread. Over modding fucking Darkest Dungeon? Celerity, bro, it's a $10 game that deserves about as many hours. Channel that rage into something that matters, like, uh, modding Arcanum.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
dumbfuck.gif
this dude already. Seriously guys. ._.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The dumbfuck tag isn't enough for this level of autism.

Also, I haven't played DD since August. Is it worth playing again now or should I just wait for the "release" version that's supposedly coming in January?

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
And as for the Fallout shit, how about instead of immediately banging out an attack post you explain how Fallout 2 (which is the specific one mentioned) differs from the Bethesda drek in a way a logic/mechanics driven person would actually give a fuck about. Because you can try convincing me but right now a Codex endorsement is like a warning.

Since you've clarified your position, my response is that there's no point. If you do not already see the value of Fallout 2 as a "logic/mechanics driven person", then there's no benefit in you taking an interest in Underrail. If you have a dim view of Codex endorsements, so be it. There's no merit in convincing random strangers on the internet, much less ones with a victimhood complex.

You don't get it, do you? You say my impression of the Fallout series is wrong. Ok, fine. Now correct it. What am I wrong about? I even told you how you should phrase your response for maximum benefit and what I am looking for. If you can't explain your reasoning I'll assume you're full of it, much like the horde of shitposters who couldn't stay away long. Apparently they have nothing but piling on people. At least I'm accomplishing something with my scam reports.

And I call Codex endorsements a warning because this is how you behave. Even on a game you know is shit, if someone says so you'll still turn on them in an instant just because.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
No, dumbass, people are insulting you because you're acting like an entitled whiny little bitch, making demands of people and presuming an importance about yourself that is not backed up by anything you have done.

Celerity

No, dumbass, people are insulting you because you're acting like an entitled whiny little bitch, making demands of people and presuming an importance about yourself that is not backed up by anything you have done.

Oh, you mean like the hosts of people acting like whiny little bitches because they can't stand without a horde around them and supporting them and making demands of me?

I don't presume anything about myself, dumbass other than unparalleled ability at pissing off clueless fuckwits, which I find hilarious. When I remark that I did a better job than the developers? Their incompetence, not my competence. When I remark that x group of people is salty about y? Their incompetence, not my competence.

Your failure is funny. You are running jokes. It's that simple. Now you can quit being shitlords and talk like you got some sense, or we can keep doing this dance. You've convinced me it's not a pointless battle anymore.

Celerity

Thank you random Steam reviewer for describing how I feel about this "conversation".

SmartCheetah

Arcane
>Register on Codex (And possibly many other boards)
>Start bragging about a specific roguelike game with RPG elements
>Ignore all the other threads altogether
>Keep pushing your point about the game, shitting on other people views
>Make yourself look stupid, wasting your time on fighting about some stupid indie developed roguelike game for hours.
>Continue thinking Codexers are still "conversing" with you.

Serious business bro. ._.

Celerity

>Make yourself look stupid, wasting your time on fighting about some stupid indie developed roguelike game for hours.

>Register on Codex
>Post about specific game getting a modding scene since someone linked me this forum
>Correct criticisms about a specific "RPG game with Roguelike elements" (that is not either), also because someone linked me this forum
>Make a few remarks about the game
>Get swarmed by screeching howler monkeys because monkey see...
>Ignore all the other threads altogether because bipolar community, let's not get friendly here
>Make yourself look stupid, wasting your time on fighting some random fuckwits who can't think for themselves for hours.
>Continue thinking Codexers are still worth attempting intelligent conversation.

Fixed. Seriously, I don't browse these boards myself and by the time I considered it the conversations went full derp. If other people didn't show me the parts I'd be interested in I wouldn't see them, and if Anthony Davis hasn't gone viral I wouldn't have known this game was even a thing here. And go back and count, I made it about 5 posts before the mass shitposting started. Much like the game itself, you seemed reasonable and solid at first then revealed your true nature. I'd blame Derpest for bringing out the worst aspects of your personalities but I don't think that was a change...

Renevent

Cipher
This whole thing is a testament to the game (and the power of Cthulhu). Whether you end up enjoying or hating Darkest Dungeon, spend enough time crawling it's dungeons and you'll either end up a unrelenting sycophant or a depraved lunatic frothing at the mouth and cursing it's existence uncontrollably.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Infinitron can we just put the guy out of his misery? He is clearly...not well and having him rant over and over is kind of embarrassing, I dont see the entertainment value anymore of this guy lulzing up the scene with his "I an right you are wrong" feeling of 2005, just ban the poor guy and let him stew in his juices

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ignore should work. Either the mechanical kind or the kind where we all just stop feeding him. Somebody tag me if the thread goes back to being about the game.

This whole thing is a testament to the game (and the power of Cthulhu). Whether you end up enjoying or hating Darkest Dungeon, spend enough time crawling it's dungeons and you'll either end up a unrelenting sycophant or a depraved lunatic frothing at the mouth and cursing it's existence uncontrollably.
Damn... meta.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath

>Register on Codex
>Post about specific game getting a modding scene since someone linked me this forum
>Correct criticisms about a specific "RPG game with Roguelike elements" (that is not either), also because someone linked me this forum
>Make a few remarks about the game
>Get swarmed by screeching howler monkeys because monkey see...
>Ignore all the other threads altogether because bipolar community, let's not get friendly here
>Make yourself look stupid, wasting your time on fighting some random fuckwits who can't think for themselves for hours.
>Continue thinking Codexers are still worth attempting intelligent conversation.

Not that I care about this particular discussion, but I'd like to take the opportunity and mention once again that

>this 4chan bullshit

should be a bannable offence on the Codex.

Lhynn

Arcane
I was worried for a moment you meant Undertale but got the spelling wrong. That game seems good but not one I'm personally interested in. The comparisons with Fallout were the deal breaker - don't remind a modder of games that are complete shit without the modders they lean on if you wanna impress them. After all, if I wanted bad design enabled for free there is still Derpest and I hope there's no further questions what I think of that.
:lol: I think this retard is confusing fallout with fallout 3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom