Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News David Gaider's reaction to Rock, Paper, Shotgun preview

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

that pic is golden. Liara = players, Shepard = Bio

Hahaha I almost forgot that you are pretty much forced to fuck her and have no other choice as all those options lead to the exactly same outcome

Tbh, you have to go to her room in between missions and talk to her to develop the RoMaNcE. If you don't want blue chick sex, you can just ignore her.

Shame Tali can't be sexxored for storyline reasons (GEEEERMMMMMSSSSS), I like her voice.

You can't choose whether to have sex with the asari consort, she essentially rapes you.

Really? I remember being able to refuse it. She asks you if you'd want a speshul reward, and you can tell her to piss off in a racist way.

aries202

Erudite
Ok, guys, here's the thing:

If you don't like any game, including Dragon Age: Origins, then don't buy it. It's as simple as that.

I haven't seen David Gaider appeasing the fans at all, he regurlarly speaks his mind on the forums, scolding fans, telling it like it is.

My big worry about the game, apart from the masked RTS nature of the game, is that the game may not turn out to be the spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate....

whatever that may be :?:

circ

Arcane
I don't remember any asari consort. But then that game sucked. I hated sexing up the soldier chick because of her religious bullshit. I'd rather just throw her out the airlock. Luckily BioWare were way ahead and gave you a choice to kill her off on a mission. Thanks BW. But anyway, why is there romance in BW games? It always gets resolved by the end, never midway or early, you never talk jack shit with your romantic interest during missions, you don't give a shit if they get hurt, MOTHERFUCKER, YOU JUST SHOT MY GAY LOVER! It's just a stupid fucking minigame that sometimes has a special cutscene in the end. Typical half assed BioWare.

Araanor

Liturgist
bhlaab said:
deuxhero said:
bhlaab said:
Okay so it's not just "give her a book and then she fucks you"

It's more along the lines of:
-find her lost ruby gem
-when she asks you if you like dogs say "yes"
-get her compliment stat above 47
-give her a Mango Fruit at least once a day
-give her a book
-she fucks you

Harvest Moon?

harvest moon, but darkly epic
Fixed.

Avin

Liturgist
Ah, Bioware romances...

- Jaheira: NOOOOOOOOO! My husband has dieeeeeeed!
- Protagonist: relax, let's rez him like we have been doing since Friendly Army Inn?
- Jaheira: nah, I guess I wanna fuck you :P

Arcanoix

Scholar
I'm fucking pirating DA, that's that.

In other news, there's a fully 3D game out there thats both online and offline where you can fuck a person of your choosing/creation. If I wanted virtual sex, I'd get it that way. But I get enough REAL sex as it is. :roll:

denizsi

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
RK47 said:
You guys are stupid. Love doesn't have to make sense.
MELOVE.jpg

Hahaha I almost forgot that you are pretty much forced to fuck her and have no other choice as all those options lead to the exactly same outcome

ME is full of retarded situations and even more (un)predictably retarded dialogue lines. That doesn't mean you have to spew further bullshit about the game. In the previous dialogue line, which we don't see in this screenshot, is that the asari bitch admits her feelings for you and you can either tell that it's mutual (leads to this screenshot), that you're just friends (no romance) or that she'd better fuck off or get off the ship (no romance).

I talked to the whole crew between each main mission, got plenty of options for romance, and I told everyone to fuck off right after exhausting all dialogue options. Once you're acquainted with BW style bullshit dialogues and romances, it's pretty obvious where you need to stop if you don't want to delve into any of that nonsense.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
But the moment you say you REALLY ARE interested, there seem to be no option to say 'You're right. We should wait till this whole thing is over. No need to rush things'

This like the whole layout
lrf.JPG

ushdugery

Scholar
Man wtf I've just spent all week with a bag full of books giving them out to random women and now gaider tells me I have to do other shit too I mean wtf man.

bhlaab

Erudite
Avin said:
Ah, Bioware romances...

- Jaheira: NOOOOOOOOO! My husband has dieeeeeeed!
- Protagonist: relax, let's rez him like we have been doing since Friendly Army Inn?
- Jaheira: nah, I guess I wanna fuck you :P

Nuh uh. If you could just go around resurrecting anybody anytime, that would mean the huge big evil people like Saverok could just be revived and the whole game would be pointless!

..wait a second...

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Jaime Lannister said:
Former Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich is a pedophile:

Gov. Blagojevich said lllinois would become the first state in the nation to give kids a free monthly book from birth to age 5 under a plan he unveiled Sunday.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-1520705.html

OH my good Library's have kiddy sections...... BURN THE BOOKS!!!
Only leave the comic books no one ever got laid using them.

Look at the bright side of things, gents. Bio received one hell of a feedback, im sure they're working to fix all the dawsin's creed bullshit

RK47 said:
But the moment you say you REALLY ARE interested, there seem to be no option to say 'You're right. We should wait till this whole thing is over. No need to rush things'

Yes, after saying "yes I want to fuck you" like 10 times you don't have the option to pussy out in the last second. Shepard is no hormone ridden bitch.

the real problem with the lovage is not realism IMO, it's that between the objective of fornication and the act there's no obstacle that would make it an achievement.

Monocause

Arcane
Hümmelgümpf said:
So this scene was written and coded by the marketing guys, and Gaider was in no way involved in creating it, despite being the lead writer? That sure sounds plausible.

Yes, that actually is quite plausible. That's the way large companies work. If you'd work for Heinz as a lead researcher and figured out a new ketchup recipe, you wouldn't have anything to say about how the product is advertised on TV or elsewhere - even if it was your brainchild. Isn't the publisher responsible for marketing? If that's the case, it's quite possible that no one from the dev team has any influence over the ads.

You guys pilot your hatredcopters too zealously. What Gaider did was providing a mild criticism of the way the game is advertised. Remember that he can't possibly go farther than "mild" on this scale if he values his job. Nothing to bitch about here, really.

skyway

Educated
aries202 said:
Ok, guys, here's the thing:
If you don't like any game, including Dragon Age: Origins, then don't buy it.

LEAVE BIOWARE ALONE!!! LEAVE HER ALONE!!!

deuxhero

Arcane
bhlaab said:
deuxhero said:
bhlaab said:
Okay so it's not just "give her a book and then she fucks you"

It's more along the lines of:
-find her lost ruby gem
-when she asks you if you like dogs say "yes"
-get her compliment stat above 47
-give her a Mango Fruit at least once a day
-give her a book
-she fucks you

Harvest Moon?

harvest moon, but grittier

What IS it then?

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
So they put up the presentation or at least a bit of it. The dialogue, voice acting and presentation are all every bit as awful as RPS describes it, sadly.

circ

Arcane
Ok first off, I know I whined about the slow as hell running in Drakensang, but how in the name of Bob do you run like a track star with full platemail? And then come the characters. As if the lipsyncing wasn't bad, holy crap does everyone look extremely lifeless. And as if the dialogue wasn't bad, then the VO is really bad, on par with something from Dungeon Siege 2. Except from Kate Mulgrew.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
" Every once in a while, an Archdemon rises up and gathers a dark army. "

Shit, nice epic plot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom