Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Commandos-Like Desperados III from Mimimi Productions (Shadow Tactics devs) - now with Money for the Vultures DLC

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
New bonus mission. Video left here without further comment.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Together with Mimimi Games, we proudly present: The Smallest Collector's Edition in the Whole Wild West. This strictly limited edition is not for sale and only a few have been produced.

The special edition contains 6 unique miniature figurines, an itsy bitsy artbook, the official soundtrack on a teeny tiny USB-Stick in the shape of a bullet, a John-Cooper-Stamp, and a mini wanted poster with a Steam-key on it.

The whole Collector's Edition is only 3.4 x 2.3 x 2.1 inches, including 6 Figurines from Desperados 3 (5 Heroes & 1 Villain)

There is just one way to get one for yourself: Win the upcoming Speedrun Challenge!

To participate, finish the level Eagle Falls as quickly as possible, submit a video and - most importantly - follow these updated rules: http://n.thq.com/376l30r5aV7

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
DLC is out now:

Also free update to the base game:

The Baron dares you to make one last trip to Devil's Canyon to ask yourself: "What if?". Take control of an unleashed young Cooper, who has finally mastered his knife-throwing skills, and fight your way through Devil's Canyon to face your nemesis, Frank, for the final time. One good throw is all it takes.

Also also it gets Mac and Linux support.

DemonKing

Arcane
Is the DLC free for those that preordered or was that the lame Baron’s Challenges?

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I preordered and it seems I have to pay if I want the DLC - lame.
You preordered the non-deluxe edition and that's exactly what you got. The deluxe edition was right there, clearly labeled "includes Season Pass" and you chose not to get it. Now you're blaming them for giving you what you paid for. Very lame.

Punch

aaaaaa
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
This might be some dumb nostalgia fueled knee jerk reaction but Desperados 3 doesn't have the same... charm? Not that 2 and Helldorado weren't devoid of it either.

I was gonna buy this on consoles but my PS4 went bust, I'm building a pee cee and I'll try it once I get all parts assembled.

Zombra

Patron
This might be some dumb nostalgia fueled knee jerk reaction but Desperados 3 doesn't have the same... charm? Not that 2 and Helldorado weren't devoid of it either.
Of course it's not the same. You can't go home again. But what Mimimi has done here is certainly good and has plenty of character. To be completely honest, I think the writing, voice acting, and direction here are by and large better than the original.

Last edited:

zool

Arcane
Of course it's not the same. You can't go home again. But what Mimimi has done here is certainly good and has plenty of character. To be completely honest, I think the writing, voice acting, and direction here is by and large better than the original.

I still prefer the original, overall it looks less... streamlined than Desperados 3? But Mimimi certainly did a good job , even though I'd have prefered a new setting rather than the Wild West.

In my mind: Desperados 1 > Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun > Desperados 3 but obvisouly, there is a lot of nostalgia google effect on D1.

Zombra

Patron
To me there's no point in preferring one over the other. All three are great games and very worth playing.

Personally, I've played the original Desperados so many times that I can't really play it any more. It's too easy to break (much easier than the Mimimi successors) and I know it too well. But I'll always love it and will never forget it.

oldbonebrown

Arcane
'cept Shadow Tactics is much better than Desperados 3
I'm not sure I would have gone on to try Shadow Tactics if I had played Desperados 3 first

Zombra

Patron
diZ1Jbi.jpg
J_C, if you don't recognize Sanchez' fortress, you didn't play the original Desperados.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom