Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Detective Di: The Silk Rose Murders - PnC Incline

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1114977637/detective-di-the-silk-rose-murders
Steam Greenlight: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=394367676

http://detectivedi.com/home_en.html

Screenshots and some artwork stuff here: http://detectivedi.com/

I really really like this art. Have no idea if the game will be any good though. At least it is INCLINE 2D click and point.

Kickstarter here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1114977637/detective-di-the-silk-rose-murders

Last edited by a moderator:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
So, he is a Private...

Di...ck ?

:yeah:

Anyway... Di, or Dee as he is usually translated in English, is a real historical figure that has been the basis for fictional crime novels and wuxia-style movies. I've watched this one, it was ok. I'm surprised some western indie dev kickstarts this, I guess there are no copyrights concerning this character (probably due to being very old).

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
While the animation seems great, I'm pretty tired of this art style already. A game happening in Ancient Chiina, such a rarely explored period on PC games, should have quality hand drawn graphics.
But I guess we cannot blame the developper for lacking a budget.

Turjan

Arcane
Anyway... Di, or Dee as he is usually translated in English, is a real historical figure that has been the basis for fictional crime novels...
I really love Robert van Gulik's Judge Dee stories. They are already half a century old, but pretty fascinating. If the game manages to capture any of those stories, it might be quite nice.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Huh. I know I did something related to this -- maybe I tweeted about it? It certainly came across my radar a while ago, and I certainly would have backed it if I could've. (My combination of promiscuous KS backing and terrible memory means that I am really unreliable on this.)

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Double checked my KSer profile. Just a hallucination, it seems, and their site says KSer in early 2015.

Fizzii

Crystal Shard
Developer
Heh, I had wanted to make a game with this theme for a while myself! I'll be keeping an eye on this one :)

Tigranes

Arcane
Aside from the traditional adventure gameplay experience many of us are familiar with, our game will also introduce an original mechanic where you will be able to re-enact the scene of a crime to put your theories to the test. Once you’ve gathered enough clues, this mechanic will be available to progress your investigation.

Instabacked!

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The Art style reminds me a bit of Karateka. Which I loved back in the day. Except for that damn bird. Killed me every time.

Bt

Gozma

Arcane
I'm surprised some western indie dev kickstarts this, I guess there are no copyrights concerning this character (probably due to being very old).

The guy is from ~650 AD right at the front end of the Tang Dynasty, he's only barely younger than Islam.

Kinda crazy that Chinese can imagine a modern Dupinish character existing that long ago, but then I guess I could probably buy into a Roman detective.

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Kickstartering in 48 hrs.
c7af8692-d6c1-408d-8d5d-a47f43a77daf.png
Countdown to Detective Di Kickstarter has begun!
We're very excited to announce that our Kickstarter crowd-funding campaign for Detective Di: The Silk Rose Murders is only 48 hours away. If you are excited about our beautifully pixelated point-and-click thriller set in ancient China starring the legendary detective Di Renjie, this is your chance to help us get it made!

We invite you to join us at 11:00 am EST time on February 25th as we kick off our 30-day journey to bringing this awesome project to the world!

10b18c69-8f07-43a3-8dd5-8679aa941226.png

So, mark it on your calendar and come check out our launch trailer. We hope you will find a pledge tier that tickles your fancy and join us on this great adventure!

We'll send you the final campaign link in a couple days. Stay tuned![/spolier]

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I like the look of the "deduction board".

7d3c8cd7927450e83da41b05d4190c7d_original.png

I want to piece together clues to figure out things that happened. Good detective games are hard to find. I hope it's not dumb.

minhta

Nupixo Games
Developer
Hi all!
Thanks for the discussion and support. The project is 24% funded with 24 days to go! Long way to go -- please help us spread the word :)

Minh
The dev!

zwanzig_zwoelf

Aside from the traditional adventure gameplay experience many of us are familiar with, our game will also introduce an original mechanic where you will be able to re-enact the scene of a crime to put your theories to the test. Once you’ve gathered enough clues, this mechanic will be available to progress your investigation.

Instabacked!
B-but it was present in Ace Attorney Investigations for Nintendo DS! Still, I'd love to see more games where you can re-enact scenes of crime.
And see at least a single game where you can bitchslap a random theory together with a bunch of unrelated clues and see some crazy shit that will make you wonder whether the protagonist is okay in his head.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
New update
Update #5

Mar 10 2015

New screenshot and what's in a prologue?

We're rapidly approaching the midway point of our campaign and we're enormously grateful for the support we've received so far (38% funded!), but a lot of work is still ahead to reach our funding goal. Let's keep it up!

THE FIRST CRIME

Here's a brand new screenshot that we're revealing for the first time. In it, we see Detective Di discover a new crime scene--the very first one in the game in fact.

0637b503a3e043b42956129fbe407c36_original.png

This scene takes place during the prologue chapter of the game and features the case of a murdered diplomat. The unfortunate victim, in this case, is Korean ambassador Choi, who had just travelled to the small town near the China-Korea border where our young investigator is serving at his first official post as district magistrate.

Without giving too much away, this prologue takes place roughly ten months prior to the events of the main storyline. Di's work on this case is the main catalyst behind his later promotion to magistrate of the capital city.

We hope you like it. Let us know what you think.

Reach for your wallets you fucks, this KS isn't doing so great. :mad:

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I kept looking at that picture saying, "That reflection doesn't make any sense. It should be showing Di's face, not his back."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom