Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex Deus Ex: Revision Mod

Latro

Arcane
Why are Page and Simons hanging out in the Everett newsroom? I understand what they're going for, but the MJ12 base was uh, the MJ12 base. They're usurping and replacing the Illuminati, not really taking it over.

Why is Chow there? Isn't she on the screen? Why replace the intro music? That was one of the best tracks in the game.

Okay, I gotta play this now, my autism is speaking to me...

Latro

Arcane
Downloading now, please tell me the OST by Alexander Brandon is still there, otherwise I'm cancelling the preorder download. The new music is shit.
They got rid of the intro track and replaced it with some downer piano track.

Last edited:

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
What exactly sounds paranoid? It's exactly what they've done. SYeahtaying on the finished mod for months, saying how they're in contact with square enix so there won't be "problems". Oh, we can't say, stay close for news. Oh my god, we're releasing the mod on steam only, square enix sends a press release endorsing our mod and launches at the same time a three day sale for the game which we moded. Fucking assholes and sellouts
Yeah, you're right. Been following the progress of the mod since it was first announced, so guess I just wanted to give CC the benefit of the doubt. Ah well...it's only $1. Fuck it.

Divinity: Original Sin
Bought the game... Just because I had a steam wallet fund - that came from trades with cards - that was just the same amount as the price of the game. I was trying to find an excuse to empty my steam wallet.

Also, pirates gonna crack it.

T. Reich

Arcane
Well, I've downloaded the leaked version a while ago (all the links are now taken down from upload sites by request of Bjorn... surprise, surprise), so I might give it a spin alter.

If anyone wants it as well, I'll try to upload it somewhere - hit me with a PM.

And fuck Caustic, what a bunch of cunts.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
In the menu screen, under SETTINGS, there is a HDTP Options setting, in there you can use new models for most all of the major characters in the game. They are turned OFF by default. So turn them on if you would like to see them.

Gord

Arcane
Steam only indeed. I wouldn't have believed it a few weeks ago.
Idiotic move, imo, unless the alternative would have meant not to release it at all (which I find hard to believe).

bloodlover

Arcane
Standalone installers now uploaded though still "intended for use with the Steam version of Deus Ex GOTY"

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I like that new title score. I like hearing new versions/mixes of classic videogame tracks. So far, I really like that one.
I'm really not a fan of the changed intro music, it was one of the best intros I remember. Dunno why people feel the need to change stuff that doesn't need changing.

New graphics are nice tho, and it's pretty smooth.

bloodlover

Arcane
We have no idea it if it's "THAT good", it literally just came out.

By the time we'll know if it's THAT good the sale will be over and the price will be back at 10$. Who pays that money for a mod that was supposed to be free in the first place?

GloomFrost

Arcane
By the time we'll know if it's THAT good the sale will be over and the price will be back at 10$. Who pays that money for a mod that was supposed to be free in the first place?
Well you are forgetting that you still get the actual game (one of the best ACTION/RPG ever). Because not everyone owns it already

bloodlover

Arcane
Well you are forgetting that you still get the actual game (one of the best ACTION/RPG ever). Because not everyone owns it already

What about the people that already own it? Isn't a mod supposed to be made for users of the game and not potential buyers? Besides, fans have this game one way or another anyway but the devs just fucked them over by making it Steam only.

Naveen

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I really like the new menu music. Oh, by the way, in options ->sound, you can disable the new soundtracks.

GloomFrost

Arcane
What about the people that already own it? Isn't a mod supposed to be made for users of the game and not potential buyers? Besides, fans have this game one way or another anyway but the devs just fucked them over by making it Steam only.[/QUOIts bulshit I know and I m not trying to defend it. But not such a big deal me thinks. Anyway gonna give this mod a try now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom