Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Developer Story Time with Old Man Davis

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
From my own experience of moving a lot of stuff a long damn way, I'd say it's worthwhile to rent a small truck yourself for transporting a lot of the more fragile and valuable stuff. It's not hugely expensive and is probably safer than trusting your collections to a bunch of movers who couldn't give a fuck.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Here is a link to my Fallout Stuff. Some of it is junk, some of it is pretty nice. I would happily answer any questions about it:

http://imgur.com/a/v5TCI

The album is not organized in any fashion at all. None of the pics are labelled either.

Fallout 1 sealed...
drool3.jpg
... Pipboy original art...
drool2.jpg
.... GECKO IN A CAN?!!!....
Drool1.jpg

Why oh why did I spend so much on some of those KS (looking at you Shadowrun Returns... :mad:)!
:oops:

Attachments

• Drool1.jpg
    Drool1.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 122

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Aww I wanted to actually see that donut shop of yours. If it was closer I would have asked my parents if we could have gone sooner.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Unless stalking Mr. Davis will somehow yield Sawyer nudes I doubt Roguey is interested.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Do you know what I consider the worst mistake of my life?

Selling my SNES when I was 14 or 15 years old. To get some cash.

You are so going to regret some of this.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I bet it's another casual thing from Iocaine.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Obsidian do have a few programming jobs up there. Would be nice to see Davis on Eternity. But inXile are LF programmers for Torment too.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
From my own experience of moving a lot of stuff a long damn way, I'd say it's worthwhile to rent a small truck yourself for transporting a lot of the more fragile and valuable stuff. It's not hugely expensive and is probably safer than trusting your collections to a bunch of movers who couldn't give a fuck.

A lot of this is contingent on the difficulty of the birth.

I have to transport one, maybe two cars (I might sell one), three cats, one wife, and one baby.

It's gonna be exciting, that's for sure.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Do you know what I consider the worst mistake of my life?

Selling my SNES when I was 14 or 15 years old. To get some cash.

You are so going to regret some of this.

A lot of my original stuff was disappeared for me when I joined the Army. Donated, garage sales, etc. I came home and it was all gone.

I've spent years re-collecting with my wife, and with many donations from friends.

I'm definitely not getting rid of everything.

The N64 and all the games for it are going.

I'm keeping my NES top loader, along with my favorite games and any games I want to share with my daughter.

I'm keeping both my SNES, along with my favorite games, like Innindo, Robotrek, FF, Shadowrun, etc.

Keeping at least two Genesis, along with my favorite games too.

Keeping my working c64 and some of the games for it like Standing Stones, Seven Cities of Gold, BT 1-3, and mail,order monsters.

Basically anything I can fit in the trunk so that it will be safe from the movers.

If the price is right (through research) I might be tempted to sell anything since my backlog is already longer than I can complete in this lifetime.

I see my wife has started to list my WoW figures too. I'm not listing everything here, but I assume anyone interested can see our other listings.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Unless stalking Mr. Davis will somehow yield Sawyer nudes I doubt Roguey is interested.

You think I would part with those?! COME ON.
Isn't the life-sized bronze statue of Sawyer one of the hardest items in your collection to transport? Especially with the phallus sticking out like that.

That used to be a problem, sure, but then i got these strong magnets, similar to what WH 40k guys use with their figures for changing out weapons, and so now it detaches for easy shipping.

Edit: like this, only bigger http://masterdarksol.blogspot.com/2008/09/magnetizing-your-models.html

As a bonus, I can now swap it or with things, like a plasma rifle or a multi-headed monstrosity.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Keeping a lot of console crap, selling PC stuff. Interesting.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
NES and SNES isn't console crap, kiddo, but what would you know.
I grew up with 'em. Even with their inaccuracies, emulators are better because of the option of using save states and those take up no physical space.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Yes, and electronic books are better because they weigh nothing, need no bookmarks, don't get dirty and don't take up any physical space.
Really, Roguey.

Duraframe300

Arcane
2. In a way.

Now that's an interpretable answer :P

I don't think its Iocaine for the sole reason, that that would be actual banding together with ex co-workers.

It actually sounds like Obsidian with that answer in kind of a joke form.

My first guess was Inxile, but that got lowered a bit since I guess you would be joinind Torment more likely as W2 is wrapping up, and in that case you would be rejoining Kevin.

... Or it may be Turtle Rock, because that seems like the place everyone of you goes to in the end (Largest collection of ex-Troika and Obsidian devs)

Edit: Thinking about it, InXile would still fit though. Eh, it's still my biggest guess.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom