Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Diablo 2 Ressurected is Censorship per Mark Kern

Zeriel

Arcane
I mean, yeah. The only real argument its defenders have is, "But it doesn't matter that much". It's all deflection. Blizzard (or rather, Volition) could have easily just made the new models honest to the originals, like they were with everything else. And I think they've done some good work elsewhere on this remaster, it just shows you the limitations of modern culture. There are some things they just HAVE to change, because otherwise they'd be wrongthinkers.

Zeriel

Arcane
I really don't get why anyone is obsessed with the Amazon when there's a worse offender

OZqicP5.png

Funniest thing about the assassin is its unfaithful to the character too. While the skills were asian, the assassin wasn't. Hence the name of the set "Natalya's". There's no indication at all to lead them in this direction except their own biases.

Looking at them doing the same thing with D4 classes makes it impossible to hew to a "its just an honest misstep" explanation, too. Again, they erased the look of old classes to fit their new modern ideas. Specifically, there, the reimagining of the Sisterhood rogues.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Tranazon might just be the game breaker and big FUCK NO! I mean... YUCK! Fucking YUCK!! Way to cut your foot off blizzard... and your dick.. er tits and ... PAPER BAG MOD PLEASE!

Bastardchops

Augur
Patron
D2 Resurrected looks like trash. It's like the definitive edition of Medieval 2: Total War where they removed all of the generals edgy pre-battle speeches.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
KeighnMcDeath said:
Some looks good and in some ways... looks blurred shit. No flagstone definition. And I noticed this in other areas as well.

The ground looks great in the remaster. It looks way more terrifying with the carnage all over the place. Even the corpses of the bad guys you kill look better to me. That said, it's pretty clear they did a lot of covering up skin on many of the more human looking monsters, NPCs, and player characters. I'd be happier if they had a mixed mode with the old sprites on the new 3D terrain.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I really don't get why anyone is obsessed with the Amazon when there's a worse offender

OZqicP5.png

Funniest thing about the assassin is its unfaithful to the character too. While the skills were asian, the assassin wasn't. Hence the name of the set "Natalya's". There's no indication at all to lead them in this direction except their own biases.

Looking at them doing the same thing with D4 classes makes it impossible to hew to a "its just an honest misstep" explanation, too. Again, they erased the look of old classes to fit their new modern ideas. Specifically, there, the reimagining of the Sisterhood rogues.
The retards are actually stereotyping assassins and ninjas, fucking idiots. The more "woke" I hear was put in (esp covering up skin) the more I say fuck it. What don't these fuckers get about prime evils and sins and temptation. I guess d4 will have Lilith dressed head to foot in a heavily veiled FAT habib. Yep, as shitty a practice as when d3 hit the floor.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Honestly, a remake of D2 is so weird for me because I still like the aesthetic of the original. I replayed it maybe three years back and it blew D3 out of the water.

I don't see anything in the trailers that make the new version a must have.

Also, those highly detailed renders of the class characters? Are we even get to see them for more than a few seconds in the game?

Zeriel

Arcane
Honestly, a remake of D2 is so weird for me because I still like the aesthetic of the original. I replayed it maybe three years back and it blew D3 out of the water.

Also, those highly detailed renders of the class characters? Are we even get to see them for more than a few seconds in the game?

The character models are basically the same ingame.

See:

Sure you can't see as much of the detail of the face at the zoomed out view, but it's the same, or at the very least the isometric 3D models are based on the same overall geometry.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Those who will buy this shit are those who help fueling curreent fascistic SJW-fest - they deserve what they'll get.
But other didn't.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
KeighnMcDeath said:
The retards are actually stereotyping assassins and ninjas, fucking idiots.

That's the part that I think is so funny about the woke stuff. If a character class doesn't fit a racial stereotype, it's cultural appropriation... Which seems racist to me, but oh well!

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Tags: Blizzard North; Diablo 2 Resurrected; Mark Kern

D-Rezzed has a very short article featuring the tweets from Mark Kern about how Diablo 2 Resurrected's new art style is actually censoring the original game. How? He specifically mentions the Trannazon criticism that many players have made. There's also a video with all the citations and summaries of what the allegations are.

The Amazon was always revealing. In fact, we fought hard to keep it that way as part of the them, as there was some push to change it, even back then.

Sucks to see something we fought for get erased in a souless, corporate remaster.

— Grummz (@Grummz) April 13, 2021

While the assertion is made that they're making these changes to appeal to the Chinese market, that doesn't explain the changes to the Paladin at all. Last I checked, I don't think the Chinese government would like that change either.

Edit: Ed123 pointed me to this tweet from Kern as well as this article on NicheGamer.

Why did Blizzard take issue updating the graphics with sexual elements, if they did not object to showing those same elements with the original graphics? If they knew players would object to modifying the original designs, why stray from them when updating them for Resurrected? If keeping the original graphics is going to keep the game’s rating at M for Mature, why bother censoring at all?
Why indeed. If it's so offensive you need to censor the new graphics up, why include the origiinal graphics with the remaster? That's another great question.

And another game I was interested in becomes a no go. Decline.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer

The character models are basically the same ingame.

See:

Sure you can't see as much of the detail of the face at the zoomed out view, but it's the same, or at the very least the isometric 3D models are based on the same overall geometry.

We so need a "BUTT" button tag in the list.

edit.... SEXY BUTT

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Humble reminder: remasters/remakes should be boycotted.

Meh I loved Diablo back in the 1990s when I was a wee lad but trying to play it now on my 1440p 32" monitor is a dark, pixelated pain. Wtf should I play a 22 year old relic when Path of Exile is a thing?

I'll probably pirate this just to check it out but I don't expect to be impressed, even with the new graphix. This is not like the Age of Empires 2 case, which is still the best game of its genre, and therefore a modern refresh was highly warranted. There are comparable or even better diablo-likes today.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom