Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
2GXofTAe.jpeg

Generic-Giant-Spider

It's the observation that the assumed default camera perspective is that of a straight man. It is the depiction of mostly people (but also events) through the eyes of a straight man for the eyes of a straight man.

You know Lacrymas when you're not going on with posts like this you're actually a pretty reasonable and stand-up guy that I tend to agree with. But with all due respect let me ask you a question:

Why are gays like you such insufferable assholes? Like okay, I get it, there was a time in history where we would have all hung you from the first branch the noose went over. But that isn't happening anymore and it probably never will. So why do you have to come piping in like you hold great hatred towards the heterosexual? What has the heterosexual done to you directly? Sure, we may call you fag and hesitate uncomfortably before shaking your hand, but is that so bad? You come in to discussions like this with such fervor, such a vendetta and I can't figure it out.

If you ask me, you queers got it real easy. You don't have any expectations. Me? Not a week goes by that I don't get a call from my mother or father and they ask, "Are you married yet? Why aren't you dating? Go see a girl. Stop playing games." Every week, Lacrymas, since I was 20. And this is not unique to me, but to many others out there. So we find a girl, we probably don't really like her entirely but she looks good in a pencil skirt so you make it work. You get married, you get her pregnant, you have a stunningly ugly potato you're supposed to be overjoyed with seeing even though it's covered in blood and muck when it first emerges and permanently ruins your sex life. Then this creature, this baby, it kills your sleep schedule, it ramps tension up between you and your wife because none of you want to rock this dumb fucker back and forth at 3:30 AM while watching 90210 re-runs. It also shits itself and can projectile vomit on you at any time. Eventually it gets over being completely and utterly useless and begins to talk, the worst day in a parent's life because now it can talk back to you. You have to take it to things like peewee baseball leagues or ballet and then there's Christmas which needs a minimum of 20 presents up until they hit age 16 and birthday parties to plan for and teachers to talk to and... you get the point. They're a fucking hassle. And that sexy secretary you married? Well she has a stomach that looks like a bruised tiger now, she doesn't fit in that pencil skirt like she used to, her face is becoming stunningly ghastly as the years roll on, she's probably having an affair. Eventually your penis goes so soft it never returns. The brat you raised becomes a punk teenager, crashes your family car, gets in trouble with the law, probably listens to some gay music genre like synthwave, maybe they have a mental breakdown and become a transsexual on you, who knows.

But a heterosexual does this because it's expected of them. It's their duty.

Now you, you're a homosexual. All that up there? You completely avoid. You have an entire month now where the world celebrates you being gay. As a gay guy all you have to do is focus on yourself. You don't need a wife, you can't take a wife because you're gay. You'll have relationships but they're easily replaced. No children for you, no child support if things go south, it's just a "See ya Hans, I had fun" and a suitcase to fill up before moving on.

As a flaming fag, you have zero problems comparatively to the doomed heterosexual souls. And all we ask here, all we want, really Lacrymas, all we humbly request is if we're going to be in this vicious cycle of a wife that looks like an aged latex Halloween mask and a kid or two that give you nothing but misery and disappointment, just let us have some hot women in games. We're not asking for much. We just want a way to escape this terrible reality we've found ourselves in. We just want hot girls to gawk at and cool guys to play as.

So the next time you type this up, remember you're making a fellow man hit the bottle just a little harder because you advocate the continued destruction of comely gaming aesthetics. You have life on story mode, the heterosexual is playing Hell difficulty.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
It's the observation that the assumed default camera perspective is that of a straight man. It is the depiction of mostly people (but also events) through the eyes of a straight man for the eyes of a straight man.

You know Lacrymas when you're not going on with posts like this you're actually a pretty reasonable and stand-up guy that I tend to agree with. But with all due respect let me ask you a question:

Why are gays like you such insufferable assholes? Like okay, I get it, there was a time in history where we would have all hung you from the first branch the noose went over. But that isn't happening anymore and it probably never will. So why do you have to come piping in like you hold great hatred towards the heterosexual? What has the heterosexual done to you directly? Sure, we may call you fag and hesitate uncomfortably before shaking your hand, but is that so bad? You come in to discussions like this with such fervor, such a vendetta and I can't figure it out.

If you ask me, you queers got it real easy. You don't have any expectations. Me? Not a week goes by that I don't get a call from my mother or father and they ask, "Are you married yet? Why aren't you dating? Go see a girl. Stop playing games." Every week, Lacrymas, since I was 20. And this is not unique to me, but to many others out there. So we find a girl, we probably don't really like her entirely but she looks good in a pencil skirt so you make it work. You get married, you get her pregnant, you have a stunningly ugly potato you're supposed to be overjoyed with seeing even though it's covered in blood and muck when it first emerges and permanently ruins your sex life. Then this creature, this baby, it kills your sleep schedule, it ramps tension up between you and your wife because none of you want to rock this dumb fucker back and forth at 3:30 AM while watching 90210 re-runs. It also shits itself and can projectile vomit on you at any time. Eventually it gets over being completely and utterly useless and begins to talk, the worst day in a parent's life because now it can talk back to you. You have to take it to things like peewee baseball leagues or ballet and then there's Christmas which needs a minimum of 20 presents up until they hit age 16 and birthday parties to plan for and teachers to talk to and... you get the point. They're a fucking hassle. And that sexy secretary you married? Well she has a stomach that looks like a bruised tiger now, she doesn't fit in that pencil skirt like she used to, her face is becoming stunningly ghastly as the years roll on, she's probably having an affair. Eventually your penis goes so soft it never returns. The brat you raised becomes a punk teenager, crashes your family car, gets in trouble with the law, probably listens to some gay music genre like synthwave, maybe they have a mental breakdown and become a transsexual on you, who knows.

Now you, you're a homosexual. All that up there? You completely avoid. You have an entire month now where the world celebrates you being gay. As a gay guy all you have to do is focus on yourself. You don't need a wife, you can't take a wife because you're gay. You'll have relationships but they're easily replaced. No children for you, no child support if things go south, it's just a "See ya Hans, I had fun" and a suitcase to fill up before moving on.

As a flaming fag, you have zero problems comparatively to the doomed heterosexual souls. And all we ask here, all we want, really Lacrymas, all we humbly request is if we're going to be in this vicious cycle of a wife that looks like an aged latex Halloween mask and a kid or two that give you nothing but misery and disappointment, just let us have some hot women in games. We're not asking for much. We just want a way to escape this terrible reality we've found ourselves in. We just want hot girls to gawk at and cool guys to play as.

So the next time you type this up, remember you're making a fellow man hit the bottle just a little harder because you advocate the continued destruction of comely gaming aesthetics. You have life on story mode, the heterosexual is playing Hell difficulty.

Just take the gay-pill man

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath

I am truly blessed, I know. I'm not gay, though.

Gregz

Arcane
There's a huge gulf between "I like sexy women in media" and "they should be objects for my sexual pleasure in media".
It's not misogynism though. More like sexual objectification. And let's be frank: the core of the problem isn't that the Amazon is not "an object for sexual pleasure", but that the Amazon was made waaaay older than she ought to be (compared to the original character).

Erasing the presence of older women in fantasy media except for evil witches is both ageist and misogynist, probably. I'm sure this is covered in the literature somewhere.

rating_citation.png

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Was i racist then? No, what bothered me is that a black Paladin made no sense. It bothered me because it ruined the archetype.

You know what never bothered me? The sorcerer from D1 also being black. The sorcerer being black didn't even register in my brain but the black paladin did.

Sounds like a you problem you humongous larping faggot. Paladin in Diablo 2 wasn't about removing kebab in the middle ages.

OctavianRomulus

Learned
I'm sure this has been said already, but fuck me the Amazon looks bad. Not only does that face say twenty years older, haggard and unattractive, but there's an utter lifelessness there that is frightening. It is almost like Blizzard want me to play a washed-up, post menopausal female who is dead on the inside and just didn't give a shit anymore.

I mean, it's unique, I'll give them that. But it doesn't really scream empowerment, does it?

Imagine getting your dream job at Blizzard, but the Cultural Sensitivity Committee™ tells you that you have to make a trannyzon. If you were in that position, what would you do? Why not make xir as ugly as possible, in the hopes that the public backlash is strong enough to allow you to create characters you actually want?

And if you complain not only do you get fired but they and their game urinalist lackeys will tarnish your reputation.

I guess they wanted her to look mature and experienced but I don't want to play her. It doesn't click.

There is a place for old ugly people in certain classes. Maybe if they made a witch character for an expansion it could work but that face doesn't fit the character of the Amazon. With the Amazon, I expect the female equivalent of Achilles, the epitome of youth, physical and martial perfection. You know, like Night Elves in Warcraft used to be.

Gregz

Arcane
I'm sure this has been said already, but fuck me the Amazon looks bad. Not only does that face say twenty years older, haggard and unattractive, but there's an utter lifelessness there that is frightening. It is almost like Blizzard want me to play a washed-up, post menopausal female who is dead on the inside and just didn't give a shit anymore.

I mean, it's unique, I'll give them that. But it doesn't really scream empowerment, does it?

Imagine getting your dream job at Blizzard, but the Cultural Sensitivity Committee™ tells you that you have to make a trannyzon. If you were in that position, what would you do? Why not make xir as ugly as possible, in the hopes that the public backlash is strong enough to allow you to create characters you actually want?

And if you complain not only do you get fired but they and their game urinalist lackeys will tarnish your reputation.

I guess they wanted her to look mature and experienced but I don't want to play her. It doesn't click.

There is a place for old ugly people in certain classes. Maybe if they made a witch character for an expansion it could work but that face doesn't fit the character of the Amazon. With the Amazon, I expect the female equivalent of Achilles, the epitome of youth, physical and martial perfection. You know, like Night Elves in Warcraft used to be.

That's my point. This not so hypothetical artist would be cancelled for producing anything that isn't woke. They are relying on our complaints to force their shitty blue-haired idpol queer bosses to do the right thing.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
4yvigd.jpg

This thread is fucking cancer and you should all be ashamed of yourselves. Glad it's for an akshun-RPG remake and not something actually important!
I'm ok with black characters, I just don't like when they turn a character black retroactively. Back in school everyone I knew thought Blade was badass, or Spawn. Same for strong women - Ripley, Sarah Connor in T2; never made me feel uncomfortable. There's a difference between making a good character from scratch and shoving politics down your throat. It's ironic because this kind of attitude, rather than being progressive, antagonizes people even more against minorities.

Also, you used to post in The Butt Crowd Infinitron, what happened to you man?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Also the pic on the left looks almost exactly like Cafu the soccer player.
Yeah D2 Pala is not north african or berber or moor, he is central/south american. That's why he looks like Cafu. This was deliberate because Zakarum/Kurast is where the paladin order is allegedly from

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom